forrestpt

Plane Ticket..

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello all VJ members..my wife will have her appointment date at US embassy Manila this coming March 11 2011,pls advice us if its right to buy ticket this time or not?I'm made my reservation already but I still have time to cancel it for 24 hrs..I will really appreciate your advice..Thanks a lot and God bless..

Don't book not until she's approved.

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

Hello all VJ members..my wife will have her appointment date at US embassy Manila this coming March 11 2011,pls advice us if its right to buy ticket this time or not?I'm made my reservation already but I still have time to cancel it for 24 hrs..I will really appreciate your advice..Thanks a lot and God bless..

I would not buy a ticket before I have visa in hand.

Good luck :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

moved from rub regional to pi regional as the op states the beneficiary will be using manila embassy.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Right time for you to buy a ticket to go and be there for the interview.

Wrong time to buy a return ticket for your spouse - I would advise to never buy that ticket until the visa is in hand.

Not after approval - but when in hand.

Take it from personal experience! My finacee was approved at her interview and I bought tickets (I was in VN with her), then when we returned as directed to pick up the visa we ran into an issue and ended up waiting for a month to finally receive her visa. It was a minor problem that was not our fault and was easily rectified but it caused a month delay and huge headaches as we had bought tickets and brought all her belongings to HCMC for the trip home.

You never know what might crop up between the "pink" and the actual receipt of the visa so be safe and think smart.

Best Wishes!!!

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

I would suggest to pause for awhile until your wife have the visa in hand.

Reason?

Is because there are potentially two things that can always stop your wife from getting on the plane.

1st. Be aware that St. Luke's will put you and your wife in a 2-month wait for culture test if they find something suspicious on her x-ray (if she haven't done it yet).

This happened to us...

2nd. Embassy will put you in a AR if they are doubtful of your marriage/ relationship.

Good Luck!

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

I waited until after my wife was approved for her visa...but those were in the days of air21 delivery and she got her visa 4 days after the interview. I still didnt make immediate plans for her to travel. She didnt travel until 3 weeks after she got her visa. It is always best to wait until visa is in hand. If a ticket is bought too close to leaving or changed right before leaving then that could cause extra steps at the airport....like having to show the credit card that the ticket was purchased with...(pretty hard to do unless you are there at the time of leaving for your wife)

Edited by Scott and Mhay

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: Timeline

"Do not finalize arrangements for travel to the United States, dispose of properties, or resign from your job until a visa has been issued and delivered to you."

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3__rtf2_001.pdf

But my fiance booked my flight a week before my medical exam. I typed the complete itinerary on DS 157, question 18. visa was approved and I received my visa 8 days after the interview

better to buy the ticket when your wife is issued the visa...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.