^_^

Pawlenty at CPAC: Cheap ^#*#& !!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I was reading Paul Mulshine's (one of the few conservatives out there I actually enjoy reading) live blog posts about CPAC and ran into this gem. I just had to share.

Live from CPAC: Pawlenty preaches to the choir

Published: Friday, February 11, 2011, 3:25 PM Updated: Friday, February 11, 2011, 5:30 PM

Paul Mulshine/The Star Ledger

Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty got a good 10 minutes into his spiel before he had a good line:

We followed Greece into democracy, but we shouldn't follow them into bankruptcy."

Other than that, he's just rehashing the talking points you'd expect from a typical, run-of-the-mill wannabe president.

He's gonna have to do better if he wants to break out of the pack.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, Pawlenty has a good back story. He won as a Republican in Minnesota.

Hey, he just uttered the new dumbest line I've ever heard.

First he asked people to compare a wedding with a cash bar to a wedding with an open bar. At which one are the most drinks consumed?

At that point I said to the guy next to me: "Who's ever heard of a cash bar at a wedding?"

Not me.

But then he mentioned recently talking to a Wall Street crowd and someone asked the obvious:

Who the hell would have a cash bar at a wedding?

That's what's wrong with the Wall Street, he said.

No, that's what's wrong with Minnesota, you stupid hick!

The cheapest, most stingy person I ever met in Jersey wouldn't dream of having a cash bar at a wedding. If you can't afford to pay for drinks, tell your daughter to elope.

It doesn't matter if you live in Brick Township or Rumson - where a lot of those Wall Streeters live. I've been to weddings in both towns - with plenty of beer at both.

But I've never been to one where they charged me for a beer.

Glad I don't live in Minnesota.

By the way, Pawlenty happens to be an apostate Catholic. I can see why he left the church. And became a Baptist. We Catholics know how to have fun.

After that he made the usual moronic observations about foreign policy. He had a laundry list of nations he wants us to go to war over, from Poland to Colombia. But he also want to make big cuts in the budget, which we can't do if we're going to keep going to be the world's policeman.

He's gone offstage, back to the land where people are so cheap they won't spring for a keg at a wedding.

Good riddance.

Edited by \

Timeline

I have been reading about some of the people speaking too. This guy is a yawner. Of course the only one I liked so far is Ron Paul and he was the most popular so far except for Trump. Hard to believe people would want Trump to run.blink.gif