esky051108

Doing AOS, but i am stuck, please help

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hello everyone, I am in the process of filing AOS for my wife, but my wife lost her I-94, visa, and vietnamese passport. To make the story short, we have filed for a police report stating the lost documents. The good thing is, awhile back when i was filling out the forms for AOS. I did write down all of her infomation, such as her I-94 number, visa number, and passport number in including the dates. Please Please help me,my questions are

1: Can i turn in the police report stating the missing documents along with the i-94, visa, and passport's numbers?

2: Will they accept the police report in the replacement of the lost documents? or they will give me an RFE for the lost documents?

3: When she goes to take her medical check with the civil surgeon, what forms or paperwork we will need to get from the CS in order to file for AOS?

4: In the affidavit of support, it's asking for the last 3 years of tax return and a current letter of employment. What if my last 3 years aren't good enough, will they take the current letter of employment into consideration?

Edited by esky051108

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
:bonk: you got a terrible problems.You can apply for I-94 copy search @ USCIS.gov(forms)passport with your visa I think you can request a copy where you got it.Consider more time to wait by doing these. :wacko:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

When did your wife arrive? And what visa did she enter with?

Police report will not be sufficient in place of the lost docs.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

You can request to replace a lost i-94 for $330.

Request for a new passport at the Vietnamese Embassy.

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Timeline

When did your wife arrive? And what visa did she enter with?

Police report will not be sufficient in place of the lost docs.

She arrived 5 months ago with her k-1 visa. I just hired a lawyer to do her AOS, he said " it's fine if she lost it, don't bother wasting 300 dollars to get a copy of it" He said he has alot of experience doing this, and he has done it before, so no worries. I didn't really trust what he said so here i am asking for help from everyone

Edited by esky051108

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

She arrived 5 months ago with her k-1 visa. I just hired a lawyer to do her AOS, he said " it's fine if she lost it, don't bother wasting 300 dollars to get a copy of it" He said he has alot of experience doing this, and he has done it before, so no worries. I didn't really trust what he said so here i am asking for help from everyone

You may be able to go back to the POE and get a replacement I-94. It's definitely worth making a call to the CBP office at the airport where she landed.

If you have the vaccination supplement from her medical in HCMC another medical exam may not be needed. Go ahead and submit a copy of that vaccination list with your AOS package.

What did you use when submitting the Affidavit of Support for her visa? IF your current income is not enough you can use a joint sponsor with the I-864 Affidavit that you will be submitting.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

You may be able to go back to the POE and get a replacement I-94. It's definitely worth making a call to the CBP office at the airport where she landed.

If you have the vaccination supplement from her medical in HCMC another medical exam may not be needed. Go ahead and submit a copy of that vaccination list with your AOS package.

What did you use when submitting the Affidavit of Support for her visa? IF your current income is not enough you can use a joint sponsor with the I-864 Affidavit that you will be submitting.

I just remember she came here in the beginning of August so it has been a little over 6 months. Does this mean she has to do her medical all over again with a civil surgeon? My lawyer told my wife to do her medical check because that required for AOS. So the medical check is to go to a civil surgeon and have him translate her vaccine record onto the form 693 and do the skin test? please tell me more about this medical check, i am confused.

Edited by esky051108

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I just remember she came here in the beginning of August so it has been a little over 6 months. Does this mean she has to do her medical all over again with a civil surgeon? My lawyer told my wife to do her medical check because that required for AOS. So the medical check is to go to a civil surgeon and have him translate her vaccine record onto the form 693 and do the skin test? please tell me more about this medical check, i am confused.

If her medical exam was within the last year, then she doesn't need another one. You only need to fill out part 1 of the I-693, and then have the civil surgeon transcribe her vaccinations (and give her any that are missing) onto the vaccinations part of the form, and fill out and sign the last part where the doctor signs it. You can do searches on this forum for more info about this. There is a lot of it, and even a post of doctors that won't charge you for a medical exam you do not need.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.