14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey,

I have sent my hole file I-485, I-130, etc. last Thursday via USPS Priority and Delivery Confirmation. The last update was one week ago that it went in the facility here in california. After the 5 workdays I called and they try to locate my mail now. No news.

Has someone expiriences how long it can take or a suggestion when I should start over again.

Am I to worried? My Visa expiered last week. :(

Conny

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

do you have a tracking number, the right address,if it went to the center, give it more time,check your bankto see if your check was cashed,..it will turn up

Timeline

Yes I stalk the USPS website every day 4-5 times. It says for one week:

Detailed Results:

Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, February 04, 2011, 3:54 am, BELL, CA 90201

Bullet Acceptance, February 03, 2011, 11:58 am, RIVERSIDE, CA 92507

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Hey,I have sent my hole file I-485, I-130, etc. last Thursday via USPS Priority and Delivery Confirmation. The last update was one week ago that it went in the facility here in california. After the 5 workdays I called and they try to locate my mail now. No news.Has someone expiriences how long it can take or a suggestion when I should start over again.Am I to worried? My Visa expiered last week. :( Conny

We used USPS to deliver our RFE response. It took 1 week to get to California, but they sent it in error to NY first. So presuming yours didn't take a long detour like ours, it should be there by now I would have expected. Ours was also Priority and Delivery Confirmation.

This is how ours went, but remember they sent it on an unwanted detour to the east coast:

Detailed Results:

Bullet Delivered, February 07, 2011, 10:55 am, LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607

Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, February 06, 2011, 8:11 pm, ANAHEIM, CA 92899

Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, February 04, 2011, 7:01 pm, KEARNY, NJ 07032

Bullet Out for Delivery, February 04, 2011, 9:08 am, SOUTH SALEM, NY 10590

Bullet Sorting Complete, February 04, 2011, 8:58 am, SOUTH SALEM, NY 10590

Bullet Arrival at Post Office, February 04, 2011, 8:20 am, SOUTH SALEM, NY 10590

Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, February 01, 2011, 12:52 am, KANSAS CITY, MO 64121

Bullet Acceptance (APC), January 31, 2011, 9:56 am, BLUE SPRINGS, MO 64015

So judging by ours, yours should be there by now! It will have a barcode so should be able to be found. We also called USPS but they weren't much help. I guess the postman in NY must have just taken our package back to the depot for re-sorting because eventually it found it's own way to CA. And you know why it went to NY in the first place? Because their automated address reader read the PO Box number as the ZIP code!

When you called them did they give you a report number? All I can suggest is you keep chasing them on it, and in the meantime keep an eye on the tracking to see if it turns up like ours did. Either that or they may have actually delivered it but they just didn't scan the barcode so it didn't show up on the tracking.

Hope it turns up :)

adu7iqzpc.png

Timeline

Yes I got a report number. They want to call me tomorrow. But my hope is sinking.

I really dont look forward to print everything out again.

An Advice for all the others, do color copies. I did not, if its lost I have to do all the picture evidence again.

And also my Civil Surgoen was awefull, I don't like to go back to him to ask for a new form. They did so many things wrong. Probably he would also charge me for that and let me wait again for over an hour.

If so everything has something positiv. I already know that I forgot to check the code in the I-765 and the evidence that my joint sponsor is a citizen.

So I will do it like everyone else....be patient. :whistle:

Timeline

The hopes seamed to turn up. Thank you.

They found my package. :dance:

Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, February 11, 2011, 8:05 pm, FOREST PARK, IL 60130

Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, February 04, 2011, 3:54 am, BELL, CA 90201

Bullet Acceptance, February 03, 2011, 11:58 am, RIVERSIDE, CA 92507

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

GREAT NEWS :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

05/02/08 -- MET ONLINE

06/27/10 -- ARRIVED IN USA ON B2 TOURING VISA

08/09/10 -- GOT MARRIED

11/02/10 -- FILED FOR A.O.S

11/09/10 -- N.O.A

11/10/10 -- CHECKS CASHED

11/20/10 -- RECEIVED BIOMETRICS APT.

12/03/10 -- R.F.E

12/03/10 -- MAILED OUT RESPONSE FOR R.F.E

12/10/10 -- BIOMETRICS COMPLETED

01/03/11 -- RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER

01/14/11 -- E.A.D APPROVED

01/19/11 -- E.A.D RECEIVED IN MAIL

01/20/11 -- FILED FOR SOCIAL SECURITY

01/28/11 -- SOCIAL SECURITY RECEIVED IN MAIL

02/02/11 -- INTERVIEW DAY - IN & OUT IN EXACTLY 5 MIN - "PRAISE GOD" - GREEN-CARD APPROVED - CARD MAILED OUT

02/11/11 -- GREEN CARD ARRIVED IN MAIL TODAY 9 DAYS AFTER INTERVIEW, HE SAID IT WOULD BE HERE IN 7 BUT IT TOOK 9, WHO CARES RIGHT :)

GREAT NEWS :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Hi! I'm really glad it all worked out for you! But reading these posts got me thinking: Is it better to send the package by FedEx or UPS? These guys usually give you a guarantee that everything will be there quick. Anyone sent it by these carriers? In this case, I'd need to use the Express Mail/courier delievery address for AOS forms, right?

AOS from F1

February 18, 2011 - sent via FedEx

Feb.19, 2011 - delivered to Chicago Lockbox

Feb. 28, 2011 - NOAs received

March, 2011 - biometrics letter received, biometrics completed

April, 2011 - Employment card arrived

June, 2011 - Interview notice for July interview

July, 2011 - Interview successful - GC received

Hi! I'm really glad it all worked out for you! But reading these posts got me thinking: Is it better to send the package by FedEx or UPS? These guys usually give you a guarantee that everything will be there quick. Anyone sent it by these carriers? In this case, I'd need to use the Express Mail/courier delievery address for AOS forms, right?

Personally I am going to send my package in using FedEx. USPS consistently mislay my mail and I do not trust them with something as important as this.

03/09/2011 AOS Application Sent.
03/11/2011 (Day 0) Application Received
03/16/2011 (Day 7) NOA 1 (Text Email)+ (Checks Cashed)
03/19/2011 (Day 10) Hard Copy of NOA 1
03/28/2011 (Day 19) Biometrics letter 4/8/2011
04/08/2011 (Day 30) Successful Biometrics for I-765/I-485
05/13/2011 (Day 65) EAD received in the mail
05/14/2011 (Day 66) Email confirming EAD approved (Case updated online TOUCH)
05/20/2011 (Day 72) SSN In the Mail.

09/08/2011 (Day 200 ) Email notification of Interview.
10/11/2011 Interview at 26 Federal Plaza, NY!
Interviewed and Am expecting RFEs!
10/13/2011 (Day ***) Received RFE-- Requesting that I provide documentation to prove I was never married in Uk or Illin
02/11/2012 (Day ***) Service request..Told its being reviewed by supervisor

24th March 2012!!!!!!!!!!! Email notifiying me of CARD IN PRODUCTION
03/26/2012 (Day 376) Emails confirming that my I-130 and I-485 have been approved.

4/2/2012 Green Card In Hand!

Unbelievable that my journey took this long but Im thankful

Next Stop Premed...Yup!

3/24/2014 Application for conditions to be removed

9/22/2014 APPROVED without interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I've heard that they have problems delivering to a PO Box though because there tends to be no one there to sign for it, which is where our RFE was going to USCIS in California.

adu7iqzpc.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

it happened to me, it was scary but everything ended up being ok

7/28/04 we met

10/ /06 started dating long distance, not fun

7/15/08 we gave birth to a beautiful baby boy

11/11/10 we got married in amazing Santa Barbara

11/17/10 mailed I 130, I 131, AP and EAD

11/25/10 package received

12/06/10 checks cashed

12/08/10 Email/ text

12/11/10 NOA hard copies in the mail

01/ /11 biometrics walk in successful in Oxnard

02/07/11 EAD in production, AP post decision activity

02/11/11 AP in hand

02/14/11 EAD in the mail!!!!!!!

02/17/11 EAD in hand + applied for SSN

04/13/11 Interview and Approval letter, card in production!!!

Thank you visa journey!

I've heard that they have problems delivering to a PO Box though because there tends to be no one there to sign for it, which is where our RFE was going to USCIS in California.

I still think I'll go with Fedex and send it to the street address. There must be someone there to sign. It's just safer, I think.

AOS from F1

Timeline

I think it can get lost everywhere, you can never be sure. What happend, it was stucking in the facility here in CA, but obviously they found it after I called. But yes, if you deliver via UPS or Fedex send it to the address in the 3rd floor, also with USPS delivery sign confirmation.

What I am going to do, I send now everything with USPS Firstclass mail.

But now everything goes fast, they already cashed the checks.

I think it can get lost everywhere, you can never be sure. What happend, it was stucking in the facility here in CA, but obviously they found it after I called. But yes, if you deliver via UPS or Fedex send it to the address in the 3rd floor, also with USPS delivery sign confirmation.

What I am going to do, I send now everything with USPS Firstclass mail.

But now everything goes fast, they already cashed the checks.

Thanks. Yeah, I decided on FedEx. I did have a scary story with the USPS overnight (!) delivery of my passport a couple of years back where they lost it for a couple of days I had to change my flight :(. We'll see if it works with FedEx. Good luck to everyone sending their docs in!

AOS from F1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.