leigh

Approved and ready to go!

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello again everyone.

Well, the London Embassy received our file on 20 October, but we didn't hear anything from them so I called them on 20 November and was told when they had received my file. As I already had everything ready for sending off Packet 3 to the Embassy, I went ahead and made my appointment for a medical, which I had on 2 December. The staff were fantastic, polite and friendly and everything went well. A few days later, the Embassy finally sent Packet 3 by email and so I filled in the forms and sent everything off by recorded delivery post. I was aware that they give you 4 weeks notice for interview, but asked for their earliest appointment anyway, and was surprised to hear from them by letter on 22 January saying my interview date was 2 February! I went along with a large file full of evidence of relationship, sponsor information - just about anything they might want. My appointment was at 9am and I arrive outside the Embassy at 8.40am to find that you have to go through security OUTSIDE the building (just like the airport, have to put your bag through an x-ray machine and go through a metal detector. I already knew I wouldn't be able to take my phone, so I left it behind. Lots of other people were being redirected to a local pharmacy to deposit their phones etc before they could go through security. I got into the Embassy at 8.55 and was given a number. I sat and waiting for 10 minutes before my number was called, and a nice girl at the window took my original birth certificates etc and went through the papers in my file. She was very friendly, and asked me to pay the fee at another window, and then took my fingerprints. This took about 15 minutes, then she told me to sit back down and wait for my call for interview. I sat another 40 minutes and then was called up to speak to a lovely young man who made small talk with me while tapping some things into his computer. After about 1.5 MINUTES, he said Congratulations, your visa is approved! Didn't ask me for a single piece of paper, or even ask me any questions of note. Just pleasantly chatted to me about how I met my fiance, and what he does, etc. I was beginning to wonder when my interview would start when he told me I was done! After a brief further stop to give my address details to have my passport/visa couriered to me, I left. I was in the building about an hour and 15 minutes. Lovely! I've booked my flight for 1 March. My passport was delivered to me today with my visa inside, along with a large sealed envelope with instructions not to open it, but to hand it over when I enter the US. My point of entry will be Atlanta, so now all I need to do is find out from this forum if anyone has experience of entering in Atlanta, and what kind of reception they got. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!

Does anyone have any information about what they are like in Atlanta as a point of entry?

You can find POE reviews here.

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

Congratulations on your visa journey. I am surprised that they even let you in the Embassy, because payment is usually done in advance over the phone nowadays. And you have to show proof of that payment before being allowed in.

You can read Atlanta reveiws from VJ members here http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/poereviews.php?poe=Atlanta&dfilter=0

Enjoy your new married life in the USA

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

Congratulations!! I just completed my medical today and hoping for a swift interview - i will hold my nreath!!

I see your from Bristol - me too :thumbs:

I129F Petition Sent: End of June '10
NOA1 - 17th July '10
Touches - 23rd July & 3rd October '10
NOA2 - 30th December '10 - A great new yr gift
NVC Rec'd - 4th January '11
NVC Sent - 5th January '11
Embassy Received - 8th January '11
Embassy Recorded - 11th January '11
Packet 3 Forms sent - 11th January '11
Visa Fee Paid - 18th January '11
Packet 3 Forms Logged - 24th January '11
Medical Exam
- 10th February '11
Embassy Received Medical Results - 15th February '11
London Consulate K1 Visa Interview - 11th March '11
JFK Port of Entry - 24th March '11

Removal Of Conditions.

Petition Signed for - 26th August 2013

Check Cashed - 11th September 2013

NOA1 -

Timeline

Atlanta is a bit of a confusing airport with lots of nice, clean trams, although I was lost in Heathrow! It is well-marked. Southern Americans are polite, helpful people, on the whole. As an American, I have never gone through customs there, so I can't speak to that, but I assume you'll have a bit of a walk and a tram or two before you see your honey. All in all, it is a pleasant, comfortable (huge) airport. Congrats. And I'm happy to see some fast interview news. Would love to hear more about it. :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Cool, congratulations! May I ask if they gave you your original birth certificate back? I only have my original copy all beautifully hand written. I have scanned both the long copy and the short copy and was hoping they would be satified with that, after me showing them the originals of course!

:thumbs::dance::thumbs::dance::thumbs:
N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Cool, congratulations! May I ask if they gave you your original birth certificate back? I only have my original copy all beautifully hand written. I have scanned both the long copy and the short copy and was hoping they would be satified with that, after me showing them the originals of course!

You hand over the original and a photocopy of both your birth and police certificate, so that they can compare and make sure that they are a perfect match. And then, of course, you do get your originals back.

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

Timeline

Congrats!!

Did you ask for earliest date possible on your cover letter or where??

09-10-10 | Sent 129F to Texas lockbox

09-13-10 | NOA1 received

02-03-11 | NOA2 finally received

02-08-11 | NOA2 hardcopy

02-17-11 | NVC received

02-25-11 | Consulate received

03-03-11 | Packet 3 received

03-04-11 | Packet 3 sent

03-11-11 | Medical

03-28-11 | Interview!

03-31-11 | Visa Received

04-15-11 | POE Chicago

Timeline

Congratulations!!! My fiance is from england as well and it's really nice to see posts about interview experiences!

Consulate.............London

I-129F sent...........10/22/2010

I-129F NOA1........10/27/2010

I-129F NOA2.........04/06/2011 (161 days)

Interview date.........6/27/2011

Interview result.......Approved!!!

Visa rec....................7/11/11

POE .........................8/5/111

Marriage..................9/10/11 (finally <3)

AOS

Sent.................9/29/2011

NOA1...............10/5/2011

Biometrics.......12/7/2011

Transferred to CSC...........12/15/2011

RFE :( ...................3/16/2012

Approved/Card Production.......4/11/2012

Does anyone have any information about what they are like in Atlanta as a point of entry?

Atlanta is the second busiest airport after JFK . It is hugh and have many terminals . You have to take a skytrain to get around . They are many freindly customer service reps who will help you .After deplaning , you will be directed to the customs area .After that you will go to baggage claim and claim yr luggage then pass through security before meeting your POC. Where is your final destination ?? Good luck .

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Timeline

Congrats to you and thank you for sharing your experience with the London interview. My fiance will be interviewing in London and then here to Atlanta to start our lives together. Hartsfield Jackson airport is simple to navigate and the customs line usually moves quickly. If Atlanta is your final destination just follow the signs to the Tram and get off at baggage claim. There you will take a long escalator to the arrivals lobby where most people stand to meet their loved ones. So happy for you! Can't wait for our day!

May, 2010 became penpals

Many, many phone calls and letters

September 10, 2010 met for first time in Rome. Love at first site, absolutely.

October, 2010 visited him in England.

December 31, 2010 he came here for Christmas/New Years. Engaged New Year's Eve.

January 21, 2011 Sent I-129F

January 22, 2011 Delivered Lewisville, TX

January 27, 2011 Received email notification of NOA1, case forwarded to VSC

January 29, 2011 Received hard copy NOA1 via snail mail

February 11, 2011 Visited him in England for 10 blissful days and met his wonderful family

April 23, 2011 Spent 10 amazing days together in Cancun and wished even more that we could go home together!

May 24, 2011 NOA2!!! Finally!! We are absolutely thrilled!

July 1, 2011 Medical with Knightsbridge Doctors (all is well!)

July 2, 2011 Mailed ready documents to London embassy via signature delivery

July 5, 2011 Embassy signed for documents

July 18, 2011 Received Packet 4

July 29, 2011 Flying to London for visit with my love and his family! So excited

August 24, 2011 Interview approved!!

POE:

October 9, 2011 Wedding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.