JoshGriga

Sao Paulo, Brazil or London, UK

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I am in the military and I am scheduled to deploy the first week of July. On the 8th of February we received an email notification that our I129F has been approved. She is from Sao Paulo, Brazil but lives in London, UK. From what I've seen from the statistics on this website, the amount of visas and the wait time in Brazil is shorter. Would it be beneficial for us to change the interview location to Brazil instead of London? My concern is that I don't know how long it would take to process that address change cause if it would be equivalent to the difference between the two wait times, then it wouldn't make any sense. However, we would like to be married before I leave in July. Is that even possible?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Have you expedited?

Nick (USC) and Amy (UKC)

03/08 - Met at University in Albuquerque, NM

08/08 - Back to UK for a few years of travelling UK>US!

10/10 - Wedding Day!

s88ndknc8v.png

USCIS

11/16/10: I-130 package mailed

11/18/10: Express Mail tracking shows delivered

11/23/10: Online banking shows check cleared!

11/26/10: Touched

11/29/10: NOA1 arrives!(dated as 11/18/10)

03/17/11: Touched

04/08/11: I-130 APPROVAL!!

141 days from NOA1 to NOA2

NVC

27/04/11: Emailed Choice of Agent form

~{gap as I spent the summer in England}~

03/11/11: Paid AOS and IV fees

04/11/11: AOS and IV fees shown as PAID

08/11/11: AOS Packet sent

09/11/11: IV Packet sent

18/11/11: RFE received requesting AOS packet (which had already been sent)

21/11/11: RFE received requesting 2010 tax return

22/11/11: Sent 2010 tax return

29/11/11: CASE COMPLETE!!!

26 days through NVC

EMBASSY

10/12/11: Medical @ Bentnick Mansions

30/01/12: Interview @ 9am [APPROVED!!]

01/02/12: Passport with visa inside, and medical packet arrive via courier

02/03/12: Flight to Denver!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am in the military and I am scheduled to deploy the first week of July. On the 8th of February we received an email notification that our I129F has been approved. She is from Sao Paulo, Brazil but lives in London, UK. From what I've seen from the statistics on this website, the amount of visas and the wait time in Brazil is shorter. Would it be beneficial for us to change the interview location to Brazil instead of London? My concern is that I don't know how long it would take to process that address change cause if it would be equivalent to the difference between the two wait times, then it wouldn't make any sense. However, we would like to be married before I leave in July. Is that even possible?

not sau paulo but rio

YMMV

Without knowing anything specifically about either Consulate, I would think it's better to keep it with your original choice. Paperwork may already been en route and having someone stop to track down your file and change its course may just put a hitch in the process.

Depending on how prepared you are for your interview, and how soon she can start getting her Packet 3 together, you guys could help the process significantly. In our case, my fiance was actually IN THE STATES a little over a month after our NOA2 approval. From there, it's up to you on how quickly you want to push through wedding plans.

I would solicit advice from those who have experience in London, as they may have a better idea on that Consulate's turn around time.

Either way, I would think its possible! Good luck! :thumbs:

K1 TIMELINE:

01-24-2008 = Sent I-129F to CSC

01-29-2008 = NOA1 Issued

05-28-2008 = NOA2 (125 days after NOA1)

06-02-2008 = NOA2 Hardcopy received; NVC received petition

06-04-2008 = NVC sent package to Costa Rica

06-10-2008 = Embassy received

06-13-2008 = Picked up Packet 3

06-25-2008 = Interview (28 days after NOA2)

07-05-2008 = Home to the U.S. together!

09-20-2008 = Wedding!

AOS/EAD/AP TIMELINE:

10-15-2008 = Sent giant packet to Lockbox

10-22-2008 = NOA1's Issued

11-04-2008 = RFE on AOS only: need birth certificate, ORIGINAL was taken at interview. GRRR

11-24-2008 = Biometrics

12-22-2008 = Mailed RFE packet back

01-02-2009 = AOS processing resumed

01-16-2009 = Service Request filed for EAD (90 days with no news)

01-27-2009 = EAD and AP approved (102 days after NOA1's)

03-12-2009 = AOS Interview, APPROVED!

REMOVING CONDITIONS TIMELINE:

02-18-2011 = Sent packet to CSC

02-22-2011 = NOA1 Issued

03-21-2011 = Biometrics

04-26-2011 = APPROVED!

DONE WITH USCIS FOR 10 YEARS!!

Timeline

Rio is pretty easy and the wait isn't like in London. Interviews are usually schedules anywhere 30-50 days from when they recieve the papers (in Rio). I heard you could possibly make it sooner by emailing them once they let you know they recieved your file, I know one VJ member has done that, haven't looked for others as of late.

Timeline

Have you expedited?

Yes, I did. I turned in an expedite request but from what was explained to me, that only expedites the approval of the petition and not exactly the visa because that is a totally different department. Do I need to send another one to the Consulate in London?

Timeline

not sau paulo but rio

But why Rio? I did notice the difference of 55 to 47 days but if she went back to Brazil, she would be going back to Sau Paulo where her framily is located. She would have to fly back and forth to Rio for the interview - not to mention hotel and other travel expenses.

Timeline

Without knowing anything specifically about either Consulate, I would think it's better to keep it with your original choice. Paperwork may already been en route and having someone stop to track down your file and change its course may just put a hitch in the process.

Depending on how prepared you are for your interview, and how soon she can start getting her Packet 3 together, you guys could help the process significantly. In our case, my fiance was actually IN THE STATES a little over a month after our NOA2 approval. From there, it's up to you on how quickly you want to push through wedding plans.

I would solicit advice from those who have experience in London, as they may have a better idea on that Consulate's turn around time.

Either way, I would think its possible! Good luck! :thumbs:

Thanks for the words of encouragement and the good advice. This was exactly what I was thinking. The only other concern is that we are a Christian couple and we want to through premarital counseling which would take about 60 of those 90 days we had for the visa before we got married. Based on the timeline expectations here, that might not be possible. If the visa got approved in time, we would have little to no time to get married and spend some time together before I would have to leave. I guess we can't have our cake and eat it, but it's nice to have hope right! Thanks again.

Timeline

Rio is pretty easy and the wait isn't like in London. Interviews are usually schedules anywhere 30-50 days from when they recieve the papers (in Rio). I heard you could possibly make it sooner by emailing them once they let you know they recieved your file, I know one VJ member has done that, haven't looked for others as of late.

If this may be the case, then it could be the same thing that we do with Consulate in London. Our paperwork is already on the way there, so when we here from them, I will contact them and explain my situation and hopefully we can get moved up to an early interview date.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

If this may be the case, then it could be the same thing that we do with Consulate in London. Our paperwork is already on the way there, so when we here from them, I will contact them and explain my situation and hopefully we can get moved up to an early interview date.

If you end up deciding to change to Brasil, you will have to go to Rio for the interview. All fiance visas are processed there only. It sounds like you are far enough into the process that London will be a better option provided you don't have a long wait time for the interview. I don't know how long it would take to send the papers on to Rio and then have to wait for an interview there. We got our interview in Rio very quickly--in about a month, and it is true that a lot of VJ members found the interview there to be easy (including my fiance). Good luck with the rest of your process,and hope you can get things expedited.

event.png

Timeline

If you end up deciding to change to Brasil, you will have to go to Rio for the interview. All fiance visas are processed there only. It sounds like you are far enough into the process that London will be a better option provided you don't have a long wait time for the interview. I don't know how long it would take to send the papers on to Rio and then have to wait for an interview there. We got our interview in Rio very quickly--in about a month, and it is true that a lot of VJ members found the interview there to be easy (including my fiance). Good luck with the rest of your process,and hope you can get things expedited.

Oh thanks for that info; I didn't know that they only did the fiance visas in Rio - definitely appreciate that heads up. But yeah, I do think that we should stick to London cause there is no guarantee about how long the wait will be getting the change of address done - unless we don't mind the wait. Thanks a lot.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Yep, 3 expedites. One for I-130 stage, one for NVC and one for interview. I believe you should be approved quite quickly because of your deployment, whereever you go!

Nick (USC) and Amy (UKC)

03/08 - Met at University in Albuquerque, NM

08/08 - Back to UK for a few years of travelling UK>US!

10/10 - Wedding Day!

s88ndknc8v.png

USCIS

11/16/10: I-130 package mailed

11/18/10: Express Mail tracking shows delivered

11/23/10: Online banking shows check cleared!

11/26/10: Touched

11/29/10: NOA1 arrives!(dated as 11/18/10)

03/17/11: Touched

04/08/11: I-130 APPROVAL!!

141 days from NOA1 to NOA2

NVC

27/04/11: Emailed Choice of Agent form

~{gap as I spent the summer in England}~

03/11/11: Paid AOS and IV fees

04/11/11: AOS and IV fees shown as PAID

08/11/11: AOS Packet sent

09/11/11: IV Packet sent

18/11/11: RFE received requesting AOS packet (which had already been sent)

21/11/11: RFE received requesting 2010 tax return

22/11/11: Sent 2010 tax return

29/11/11: CASE COMPLETE!!!

26 days through NVC

EMBASSY

10/12/11: Medical @ Bentnick Mansions

30/01/12: Interview @ 9am [APPROVED!!]

01/02/12: Passport with visa inside, and medical packet arrive via courier

02/03/12: Flight to Denver!

Timeline

Yep, 3 expedites. One for I-130 stage, one for NVC and one for interview. I believe you should be approved quite quickly because of your deployment, whereever you go!

We did not have to do an I-130, but rather the I-129F with and expedite request - which was approved. I have few questions for you or anyone else if you don't mind:

1. When, how and to whom do I submit the expedite request for the NVC stage?

2. When, how and to whom do I submit the expedite request for the Consulate (interview) stage?

3. Do I give them the letter from my commanding officer to get an expedite approved?

4. Or do I give them the same approved expedite request from the USCIS (I-129F) stage?

Thanks a mil!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.