55 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

me too! my noa1 is dated sept 14 and itl be 5th month on valentines day!i hope that noa2 will be our valentines gift but i dont know!im so stress about waiting and waiting and checking the uscis website about our receipt number and its still initial review! why there are people that filed theirs dated sept 17 or 20 that i know and they got aprove?how about me?i guess the people who got touched last oct 3,2010 i hope that they didnt put our papers in the trashcan?!!!!!!!!im so pissed off!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Still no NOA2 for me either. My NOA was Sep 27, so still nothing. Im not outside the 5 month, but you are you should call.

Absolutely call, if nothing else it will give you a sense of feeling that you are doing everything on your end to try and speed up the process. It may or may not help but may make you feel a little better and who knows, sometimes being persistent pays off!

event.png

Tuana and Kemal's Visa Journey

2010.07.10 We met

2010.10.28 First visit to meet in person

2010.10.31 We became engaged

2011.01.12 Second Visit with my Husband

2011.04.18 Third Visit with my Husband

2011.08.19 Married in Gaziantep Turkey, 4th Visit

2011.10.21 Visited with my Husband, 5th Visit

2011.11.22 SENT IN I-130 Application

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.02.16 Visited my Husband, 6th Visit

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.07.02 Per NVC documents approved, waiting on interview date to be scheduled

2012.08.10 Visited my husband in Turkey, 7th Visit

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This process is not good for anyone's mental health...

With that said, I've heard stories of other VJ members who've been assigned to the VSC of waiting for 8-9 months for their NOA2 of their I-129F.

The CSC seems to fare better...just outside of the 5-month standard processing time. We were assigned to the CSC and just received electronic notification of our NOA2 a couple of days ago (so it would have been not quite 5.5 months).

We had pretty much given up hope, also. In fact, I was seriously contemplating a way to move to the Philippines (with no job once I got there and no way of supporting a family; that shows you how depressed we were).

It's tough, and hard. You get to the point, more than once, of thinking that it will never happen and that no one cares if it will ever happen. But, the truth is, it does happen...all the time. That's why VJ is such a great site. Thousands of people here, just like you, trying to get through the same, sometimes dehumanizing, process, just like you. We look out for and support each other when it seems like the whole process is almost too much to bear.

So...chin up, good people. It will happen. You will hear something, one way or the other. The good news is, once you receive your NOA2, and your case is transferred from USCIS to the State Department, things start moving much more quickly.

Mark and Bambi

2009/03/02 - Met Online

2010/05/20 - Met in Person in Philippines

2010/08/24 - I-129F Sent

2010/08/27 - NOA1

2010/09/10 - Touched

2011/02/08 - NOA2: I-129F Approved

2011/02/16 - I-129F Packet Received by NVC

2011/02/18 - NVC Shipped Packet to Embassy in Manila

2011/03/07 - I-129F Packet Received by Embassy

2011/03/25 - Received Interview Appointment Letter (Packet 4)

2011/04/07 - Embassy Interview: Approved!!

Timeline

You are not the only one!! :clock: Our NOA1 is dated August 5, 2010 and our only touch was also the massive touch on October 3, 2010. We are waiting with you. Called USCIS on Monday. Begged/pleaded to be transferred up to Tier 2. Then had to beg/plea to get a service request put in on our petition. After service request was put in IO said that we should receive a response by Feb 22nd. Maybe our case will at least be looked at then. :whistle:

I called Again yesterday and they would not even put a service request. I was told i should allow additional 14 days before calling back. Even tough it's been over six months and at first i was told i am outside of the normal processing time and they would put in the service request in the middle of it they changed their mind and told me allow additional 14 days since u r within normal processing time.I am frustrated with waiting i will keep calling everyday now eventually i will be able to get the service request in at least it will make me feel like i am doing something about it.

Thank you everyone for the words of support it does make me feel better knowing i am not alone:-)

08/2/2010------- I-129F Sent

08/6/2010------- NOA1 recieved

10/3/2010------- "Touched"

2/14/2011--------NOA2

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I called Again yesterday and they would not even put a service request. I was told i should allow additional 14 days before calling back. Even tough it's been over six months and at first i was told i am outside of the normal processing time and they would put in the service request in the middle of it they changed their mind and told me allow additional 14 days since u r within normal processing time.I am frustrated with waiting i will keep calling everyday now eventually i will be able to get the service request in at least it will make me feel like i am doing something about it.

Thank you everyone for the words of support it does make me feel better knowing i am not alone:-)

They are lying to you, plain and simple. Your normal processing time ended January 6, and you are entitled to that service request.

For these past two weeks, output has been gradually declining, and today it has come to a complete halt.

It is eminently clear that the Vermont Disservice Center is planning another massive obscene stunt like the one they pulled last October 3. All the refusals to do their job and all the boldfaced lies cannot mean anything else.

Wonder how many months this one will last? 3? 4? More?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

NOA 1 dated Aug 27

**VENT**

I have been calling USCIS everyday, asking for my service request, and still nothing. They say I have to be outside processing time, and since VSC is delayed 34 days, I have to wait until they are working on Aug 27 to be "outside processing times". I know people who have gotten service requests put it already, so I will keep calling everyday =)

I have also contacted my senator again, and I have emailed VSC. So far nothing.

I know people say that love is patient and all this #######, but I AM NOT PATIENT. I am sick of waiting. I am sick of arguing with my fiance who has been sitting there with his life on hold for close to 1 year now. Its not fair to make us all wait this long, and after that we still have MORE waiting to do. I know its a privilege to be able to bring our loved ones here - don't get me wrong, I'm grateful that America allows their citizens to do this. But VSC needs to get their act together, enough is enough.

Hope you all are doing better than I am with this waiting =)

~Bela~

event.png

One look

One smile

One touch

One embrace

One kiss

One love

Two people

Two minds

Two souls

Two destinies

One road

One journey

One ending

Together

358272338v5_240x240_Front.jpg20821470_125x125.png

Timeline

I received my NOA1 August 6, 2010 and my case was last touched on October 3, 2010 and as of today nothing has happened. Is there anyone else still waiting or am i the only one? Waiting for such a long time makes me feel like i am the only one and the whole process is getting really frustrating.

We have similar timelines. I received my NOA1 dated 8/6. Still not NAO2.

Edited by jrmejia

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

We have similar timelines. I received my NOA1 dated 8/6. Still not NAO2.

Did you have any luck calling?

08/2/2010------- I-129F Sent

08/6/2010------- NOA1 recieved

10/3/2010------- "Touched"

2/14/2011--------NOA2

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

me too! my noa1 is dated sept 14 and itl be 5th month on valentines day!i hope that noa2 will be our valentines gift but i dont know!im so stress about waiting and waiting and checking the uscis website about our receipt number and its still initial review! why there are people that filed theirs dated sept 17 or 20 that i know and they got aprove?how about me?i guess the people who got touched last oct 3,2010 i hope that they didnt put our papers in the trashcan?!!!!!!!!im so pissed off!

Agreed, that would be an amazing Valentines gift.... I am in the same boat. But don't stress yourself out too much, it will happen with time.

I have had one touch, and that was 3 days after they received our petition. There is a lot that they do there that we do not know about, and a lot of delays happen... all we can do is wait and try to prepare the best we can. Some people on here are furious over the expedited petitions of the Haitians, some are just pissed, but I am glad I Have a bit more time to try and better prepare myself for things to come.

True, I am luckier than most, and can just drive 6 hours to be with my wifey, but I am just as impatient as everyone else.... I just want to be with her. But the poeple here have helped me better prepare myself for the rest of the journey, and given me a bunch of laughs to boot, so I just try to enjoy the calm before the storm so to speak.

11/17/2008------- Met each other online over the X-Box

01/17/2010------- After months of flirting sends me her number

02/26/2010------- Decided to finally meet

03/19/2010------- Met in Detroit, KTFO by Cupid at first sight

09/10/2010------- I-129F Sent

09/14/2010------- NOA1 recieved

09/17/2010------- "Touched"

02/10/2011------- RFE E-mail

02/14/2011------- RFE Hardcopy

02/17/2011------- RFE Sent

02/23/2011------- RFE Received by CSC

02/28/2011------- NOA 2 Acceptance E-Mail

Timeline

Some people on here are furious over the expedited petitions of the Haitians

Furious is not a strong enough word to express the way I feel at this obscene outrage.

I hope that Obamination and that other piece of vile trash Napolitano burn in hell for what they did.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

True, I am luckier than most, and can just drive 6 hours to be with my wifey, but I am just as impatient as everyone else....

Yes, you are lucky. I know it's not easy for you either, but imagine if you has been over 6 months since the two of you touched. It's maddening.

Timeline

Furious is not a strong enough word to express the way I feel at this obscene outrage.

I hope that Obamination and that other piece of vile trash Napolitano burn in hell for what they did.

Calm down Al, I know the situation of waiting to be with your loved one sucks, but I don't think having those two burn in hell will solve any of it. I am sure that you and your russian bride will be happy once everything clears, but we are both still inside our estimate of acceptance time. True it may be 15 minutes of work, and true it is outrageous not knowing anything aout our status aside from "Initial review" but in time, it will change, and we all will be with our significant others.....

But I can relate with your feelings of anger, I find it a bit outrageous that living on the same rock of land, I have to go through these procedures, but I know deep down that doing this legally and making sure its done right will make sure I don't get a quick deportation back to the frozen north. Eventually I cant wait to hear about your approval notice, but it will take time, and unfortunately every government has probably put other immigrants on the back shelf because of the 'humanitarian effort'.... must be a UN thing, not just a Presidential thing.....

Timeline

Calm down Al, I know the situation of waiting to be with your loved one sucks, but I don't think having those two burn in hell will solve any of it. I am sure that you and your russian bride will be happy once everything clears, but we are both still inside our estimate of acceptance time. True it may be 15 minutes of work, and true it is outrageous not knowing anything aout our status aside from "Initial review" but in time, it will change, and we all will be with our significant others.....

But I can relate with your feelings of anger, I find it a bit outrageous that living on the same rock of land, I have to go through these procedures, but I know deep down that doing this legally and making sure its done right will make sure I don't get a quick deportation back to the frozen north. Eventually I cant wait to hear about your approval notice, but it will take time, and unfortunately every government has probably put other immigrants on the back shelf because of the 'humanitarian effort'.... must be a UN thing, not just a Presidential thing.....

Did you see the output today on Igor's List/

ZERO.

That's right: Z-E-R-O !!!!!!!!!

Now how the hell am I ever supposed to get my NOA2 if the output is ZERO??????????????????

After what they did to us last October, they owe us a bare minimum of 30 to 40 a day, each and every day, without exception and without fail.

Timeline

Yes, you are lucky. I know it's not easy for you either, but imagine if you has been over 6 months since the two of you touched. It's maddening.

I wouldn't want to imagine that.... and I can agree, but it will make it that much more satisfying once it does happen.

I wasn't trying to say it was hard on me, in no way is it, and that is why I truly have a lot of respect for everyone on here, I am just impatient like us all... All I think of is the usual ####### line, 'good things come to those who wait' and it has to be enough to get me through. But taslking to the people on here, and trying to make the time pass easier helps.... and I cant thank the people on here enough for it..... We all need the escape sometimes of thinking about our others away from us..... at least we can build off each other for now, right?

Timeline

Did you see the output today on Igor's List/

ZERO.

That's right: Z-E-R-O !!!!!!!!!

Now how the hell am I ever supposed to get my NOA2 if the output is ZERO??????????????????

After what they did to us last October, they owe us a bare minimum of 30 to 40 a day, each and every day, without exception and without fail.

Ummm.. to be quite honest, I have no clue how to use Igors list... But you have to think that not everyone immigrating knows about this site... I only just found out this year after 3 months of not knowing anything..... It will get better Al, but they do need a kick in the ####### sometimes to get moving.... we all do....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.