nattrav

Need fiance's birth certificate for k1 interview??

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

hi

can anyone who interviewed in london for a k1 visa give me feedback -

i have my interview in a couple weeks and while reading recent reviews of the interview process i read that he (paul) was asked for his fiance's bc!

had anyone else been asked for this? or seen this in a list of docs to take?

i have never heard of this b4 so thought i'd check, but i am gonna contact my fiance's mom and ask her for a copy anyway, it just seems a little strange

thanks in advance!

nat

Timeline

oooops

sooo in the wrong forum - cant delete this so ignore, and i'm moving it to the correct place!

The birth certificate is something they ask for with the I-134. I have Kenny's original to take.

Sent AOS pack......2011-08-08

NOA's dated ..........2011-08-15

Biometrics..............2011-09-13

EAD card.................2011-10-26

AP card....................2011-10-26

AOS approved .......2011-12-19

Green card rec.......2011-12-27

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Not deleting, I will move to to consulate/embassy forum.

Birth cert is one of the items specified on the DS-2001 used by London.

http://london.usembassy.gov/interview_documents.html

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ha, would need a lot more than a birth certificate if your fiancé is under 18. Did someone say a copy, from our experience only an original will do. But at least from the UK shouldn't have to be translated by a certified translator.

YuandDan posted a link of required documents. Our process was with a different country and our list of documents was stack of paper about an inch and a half thick. When my wife finally received her US citizenship, that stack grew to almost 4 inches.

What is amusing is that at the end of any form instruction sheet, the USCIS subscribes to the paper reduction act. Can only wonder how it would be if they didn't.

Another form of document is a special engraved photo of Benjamin Franklin on it 7.4218 × 3.125 inches printed mostly in green on a special rag paper. Could also get one with George Washington engraved on it, but that would really be a tall stack.

Timeline

Not deleting, I will move to to consulate/embassy forum.

Birth cert is one of the items specified on the DS-2001 used by London.

http://london.usembassy.gov/interview_documents.html

yeah, i have mine for my interview, but the query was because paul went for his interview and was asked for his US partner's birth certificate - erk

• 1 year later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

So will a photocopy do or does it have to be an orignal? I have a photocopy but hes going to need to post me his original if that wont do.

View my K1 -> ROC Timeline

*Filed I-129F - 21st October 2011* *Applied for SSN - 8th June 2012* *Filed I-751 (arrived) - 26th March 2015

*NOA1 - 28th October 2011* *Filed for AOS, EAD & AP - 26th June 2012* * Check cashed - 30th March 2015
*NOA2 (no RFE) - 26th January 2012* *AOS, EAD, & AP arrive at Chicago Lockbox - 28th June 2012* NOA1 - 26th March 2015 (arrived 3/4/15)

*Packet 3 sent - 27th February 2012* *Email notification of receipt - 3rd July 2012* *No biometrics letter - Service Request submitted 5/4/15
*Medical - February 28th 2012* *Check cashed - 7th July 2012* *Still no biometrics letter - 2nd Service Request submitted - 8/6/15
*Packet 4 received - 17th March 2012* *NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP - 9th July 2012* *Biometrics in Aurora, CO - 8th July 2015*
*Interview in London - 5th April 2012. APPROVED!!!* *Biometrics in Philadelphia (Drummond Road)- 7th August 2012*
*POE Newark, NJ - 16th May 2012 *Biometrics walk in at Philadelphia (Drummond Rd) - 25th July 2012*
*K1 process took 160 days* *Case Transfered to California Service Centre - 26th July 2012*
*SSN DENIED! - 17th August. 10 weeks after I applied!!*

*EAD/AP Approved - 28th August 2012* 59 days
*Married! - 1st June 2012* *EAD/AP card in hand - 1st September 2012*
*EAD/AP card in hand - 1st September 2012*
* Re-applied for SSN - 14th September 2012*
*Put in service request at 8mo/3days wait - 19th March 2013*

* AOS Approved!!! - 1st May 2013* Exactly 10 months after applying.

*Green card in hand - 6th May 2013

2yrdn5s0q.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.