one...two...tree

Join the Resistance Against the Right-Wing Multi-Billionaire Koch Brothers

87 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I am a firm believer, that when you see someone that is down and out, you pick them up, dust them off, kick them in the butt, and send them down the road. The problem is, it is hard to distinguish between the truly needy, and the folks that have made panhandling a profession, especially when you see the same young, white, and able hippies, standing there, day after day, for the last six months, with the sign that says, "Travelling, need gas."

Don't lump hippies in with liberals. That's like saying the Phelps-Roper family are indicative of conservatives :whistle:

Thats what I though.... and keep it shut.

:dance:

thestupiditburns.jpg

Edited by Rob & Mel

I have heard enough conservatives whine about tax dollars going to welfare recipients to talk in black dialects to know racism is a big part of it.

Could it be because these people you talk about have spent a good amount of time around welfare recipients and are sick of their entitlement attitude. Its a huge problem and if you think were exaggerating you need to go spend some time with "poor" people.

Of course, had the poor all been white I still think you guys would have a problem with it. I do believe the basic issue is the issue of helping others. You don't want to and we do.

The left wing propaganda machine is in good working order I see.

You associate helping others by throwing money at them. I love how you turn that around to "I care you dont". If you think that conservative families dont do anything for charities then you need to do some homework.

Edited by _Simpson_

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I have heard enough conservatives whine about tax dollars going to welfare recipients to talk in black dialects to know racism is a big part of it.

Of course, had the poor all been white I still think you guys would have a problem with it. I do believe the basic issue is the issue of helping others. You don't want to and we do.

If you want to help .... what is holding you back?

You have seen the research posted right here (more than once) that conservatives donate more in time and money than the Left.

Voting for a tax increase is not exactly Charity (to most people).

:unsure:

Edited by Danno

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

I am using EXAMPLES of how they should be allowed to use their money. I could use a personal example of when I was working as a Chemist at a Chalmette, La refinery where a group of citizens banded together and pooled their money to try to force the refinery to pay them a yearly stipend because they were forced to live in the refineries shadow. Many of the things they said were untrue. They almost pulled it off but by having local laws made. It took lawsuits to get it settled and the citizens failed. They even tried to sue afterwards to recover the money they spent and lost that.

Now I can sit here all day and keep posting examples of why corporations should be allowed to exercise their freedom of speech but a couple should be good enough. If corporations are not allowed to have the same freedoms as us then why should we be allowed?

Rights and freedoms should be for people, with a heartbeat and functioning central nervous system. Corporations have no heart, literally as well as figuratively!

Filed: Timeline

Rights and freedoms should be for people, with a heartbeat and functioning central nervous system. Corporations have no heart, literally as well as figuratively!

There is that pesky First Amendment right to assemble peaceably and petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Could it be because these people you talk about have spent a good amount of time around welfare recipients and are sick of their entitlement attitude. Its a huge problem and if you think were exaggerating you need to go spend some time with "poor" people.

What makes you think poor people have "entitlement attitude"? I spend plenty of time with poor people and I can say with certainty that the majority of poor people are not looking for pity or a handout. Its only a small portion of the poor who stand at intersections with a "Hungry, Vietnam Vet, God Bless" sign.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Its only a small portion of the poor who stand at intersections with a "Hungry, Vietnam Vet, God Bless" sign.

Or a "Help, I lost my job" sign when it's obvious that holding the sign *is* their job,

something they do every day - day in and day out - sometimes for years!

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

I spend plenty of time with poor people and I can say with certainty that the majority of poor people are not looking for pity or a handout.

Which poor people are you referring to?

You've said, "the majority" so I'm assuming you're not talking about the sign-holders. Who is "the majority" of poor people? And why don't they have this entitlement mentality?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Which poor people are you referring to?

You've said, "the majority" so I'm assuming you're not talking about the sign-holders. Who is "the majority" of poor people? And why don't they have this entitlement mentality?

... because they *are* entitled to support via endless programs.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

What makes you think poor people have "entitlement attitude"? I spend plenty of time with poor people and I can say with certainty that the majority of poor people are not looking for pity or a handout. Its only a small portion of the poor who stand at intersections with a "Hungry, Vietnam Vet, God Bless" sign.

You're being naive.

I never said all poor people. A lot of "poor" people know the system and they know it good.

Edited by _Simpson_

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

You are blaming poor people for what, exactly? The debt? That's beyond stupid.

Just wait. You can just picture the hamster wheel spinning in his head as Danno tries to connect his hatred of poor people to his irrational hatred of some other group of people.

Filed: Timeline

Just wait. You can just picture the hamster wheel spinning in his head as Danno tries to connect his hatred of poor people to his irrational hatred of some other group of people.

Well, it won't be gays, because they are all rich liberals from California.