Timosha

Applying B1 (business visit) during CR1 process.

9 posts in this topic

Can attempt to get B1 visa hurt my CR1 process? My company is real and it really requires

somebody travel to USA with business purpose. Invitation letter in this case would be from company

and nohow mention my husband in USA and sure I would mention him and my process in the form for B1.

does B1 application (denial or even approval) raise red flag for CR1 process? These business trips bring good money

and chance to see my love one without extra expenses. But I am scared to death that it can make our CR1 process

even more painful...

ROC...

05/04/2013 I-751 sent to CSC

05/06/2013 package delivered

05/13/2013 check cashed

05/15/2013 received NOA ( receipt date 05/06/2013)

05/17/2013 received biometrics letter

Can attempt to get B1 visa hurt my CR1 process? My company is real and it really requires

somebody travel to USA with business purpose. Invitation letter in this case would be from company

and nohow mention my husband in USA and sure I would mention him and my process in the form for B1.

does B1 application (denial or even approval) raise red flag for CR1 process? These business trips bring good money

and chance to see my love one without extra expenses. But I am scared to death that it can make our CR1 process

even more painful...

What country do you live in?

event.png

event.png

What country do you live in?

Russia

ROC...

05/13/2013 check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

No downside basically if you do not get it.

I would go for it as your Employer will pick up all the costs.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

even more painful...

Has your company sponsored others in the past for a B-1? If not it could look a little suspicious that all of a sudden you would need a B-1 visa for someone. However, I don't see any drawback to asking for one, especially since you will be mentioning that a CR-1 petition has been filed. Good luck.

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bogota, Colombia
Marriage: 2009-08-01
I-130 Sent : 2009-09-29
I-130 NOA1 : 2009-10-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-03-18
NVC Received : 2010-03-23
Case Completed at NVC : 2010-09-16
Interview Date : December 16, 2010
Interview Result : APPROVED
Visa Received : 12/27/10
US Entry :12/29/10
Two-year green card received: 1/19/11
SSN received: 2/2/11
Lifting of Conditions Filed 10/1/12
Lifting of Conditions NOA 10/9/12
Lifting of Conditions Biometrics Appt 10/31/12

Lifting of Conditions Approved 12/10/12

10-yr green card received 1/8/13

N-400 Naturalization Application 10/1/2013
Marital Bliss: Endless

• 2 weeks later...

Has your company sponsored others in the past for a B-1? If not it could look a little suspicious that all of a sudden you would need a B-1 visa for someone. However, I don't see any drawback to asking for one, especially since you will be mentioning that a CR-1 petition has been filed. Good luck.

Yes, it sponsored. Actually I used to have B1 visas from the same company before.

Thanks for all! Things moved fast last days and now

the other question, can somebody apply for B1 after NOA2, I mean during NVC and waiting CR1 interview? Is it ok by law to have two applications for immigration and non-immigration visas at the same time?

ROC...

05/13/2013 check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Yes

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yes, it sponsored. Actually I used to have B1 visas from the same company before.

Thanks for all! Things moved fast last days and now

the other question, can somebody apply for B1 after NOA2, I mean during NVC and waiting CR1 interview? Is it ok by law to have two applications for immigration and non-immigration visas at the same time?

there is nothing unlawful about it. The worst that can happen is to deny your Non-IV application because of your immigration intent.

N400

Filing based on 3yrs/USC Spouse. 3 year residency anniversary is in August 2014. Filed immediately after the 90-day early filing mark (May 2014)

05/06/2014 - Mailed N-400

05/15/2014 - Check cashed

05/12/2014 - NOA Date

06/11/2014 - Biometrics Appointment

09/15/2014 - Inline for interview scheduling (was stuck in "Initial Review" for over 3 months!)

10/27/2014 - Scheduled for interview

12/01/2014 - Interview

12/19/2014 - I AM A US CITIZEN!

Personally I would not risk it post-NOA2. Depending on the embassy you are looking at around 4 months to having your CR-1 (1 month NVC, 2-3 months for interview). Not sure how long the other visa would take but 4 months is a drop in the bucket considering the waiting you have already endured. Things tend to move fast once you hit NVC. Good luck.

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bogota, Colombia
Marriage: 2009-08-01
I-130 Sent : 2009-09-29
I-130 NOA1 : 2009-10-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-03-18
NVC Received : 2010-03-23
Case Completed at NVC : 2010-09-16
Interview Date : December 16, 2010
Interview Result : APPROVED
Visa Received : 12/27/10
US Entry :12/29/10
Two-year green card received: 1/19/11
SSN received: 2/2/11
Lifting of Conditions Filed 10/1/12
Lifting of Conditions NOA 10/9/12
Lifting of Conditions Biometrics Appt 10/31/12

Lifting of Conditions Approved 12/10/12

10-yr green card received 1/8/13

N-400 Naturalization Application 10/1/2013
Marital Bliss: Endless

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.