Ready to do it

are scratch outs ok on the G325a

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I am going to send in the paperwork to petition for K-1 visa for my foreign fiance. I've had her fill out the paperwork 3 or 4 times over the last few years. The last time we filled out the G325a was in September 2010. We typed everything on to the application (other than her signature of course). The date typed in at the bottom says 09/05/201 (it wouldn't let us put all the characters to put "2010.") Would I get an RFE or would it really be a problem if I add the "1" at the end of 201 since we are now in 2011 and change the 09 to 02... thus making it 02/5/2011... or could I simply heavily blacken the date out altogether and hand write neatly below it 2/5/2011. My other option is just send in paperwork dated September 2010 right now... I assume that would create a problem? As far as the Intent to Marry... that's not a problem as I have numerous blank pages with her signature in the right spot. I actually have numerous blank G325a with her signature... but they are all the older version G325a. I'm assuming they still accept the G325a that says good through "6/30/2011?"

Thoughts on blacking out the date and writing a Feb 2011 date or writing over the old date?

Thanks

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-27

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I am going to send in the paperwork to petition for K-1 visa for my foreign fiance. I've had her fill out the paperwork 3 or 4 times over the last few years. The last time we filled out the G325a was in September 2010. We typed everything on to the application (other than her signature of course). The date typed in at the bottom says 09/05/201 (it wouldn't let us put all the characters to put "2010.") Would I get an RFE or would it really be a problem if I add the "1" at the end of 201 since we are now in 2011 and change the 09 to 02... thus making it 02/5/2011... or could I simply heavily blacken the date out altogether and hand write neatly below it 2/5/2011. My other option is just send in paperwork dated September 2010 right now... I assume that would create a problem? As far as the Intent to Marry... that's not a problem as I have numerous blank pages with her signature in the right spot. I actually have numerous blank G325a with her signature... but they are all the older version G325a. I'm assuming they still accept the G325a that says good through "6/30/2011?"

Thoughts on blacking out the date and writing a Feb 2011 date or writing over the old date?

Thanks

One line through the date and then write a current date is just fine. It would also probably be fine the way it is. It's just a biographical form, so they're far more interested in the information than the date, or the signature for that matter.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

One line through the date and then write a current date is just fine. It would also probably be fine the way it is. It's just a biographical form, so they're far more interested in the information than the date, or the signature for that matter.

:thumbs:

Accurate information is more important than anything else. Make sure your changes are legible.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

I don't know if there's an 'official' correct way to handle this, but what I did was white-out the section that was incorrect, then write over it in pen and photocopy the page (so it just appears as if I wrote in the box on the copy), then signed the copy and sent that. (So the copy had the original signature.)

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

Thank you for posing this question - I was looking for an answer as well! In the date box next to the signature box the full date in mm/dd/yyyy format doesn't fit and when printed shows a + to expand the box.. we opted to leave it blank and handwrite the date. Everything else is typed. I was a little confused on the last section where it says "print" name and A#. All the examples I found online had it typed, did you type your name into this section as well?

My fiance just dropped his g-325, letter of intent, and photos off to be overnighted to me :) Finally!

2-11-11 | I-129F sent

2-16-11 | NOA1

6-06-11 | NOA2

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Thank you for posing this question - I was looking for an answer as well! In the date box next to the signature box the full date in mm/dd/yyyy format doesn't fit and when printed shows a + to expand the box.. we opted to leave it blank and handwrite the date. Everything else is typed. I was a little confused on the last section where it says "print" name and A#. All the examples I found online had it typed, did you type your name into this section as well?

My fiance just dropped his g-325, letter of intent, and photos off to be overnighted to me :) Finally!

Typed names in those bottom boxes are fine.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.