ecce

Advice for calling VSC after 5 months?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

I am planning to contact the Vermont Service Center this week because it has been 5 months since we received our NOA1. (I know everyone else is in the same boat too - it's time to start putting on the pressure!)

Can someone provide a step-by-step for this? Where do I call first? Who do I ask to speak with (no acronyms please)? What are the buzz words? Any advice would be much appreciated!

Has anyone gotten their Senator involved? At what point? Does it really help? Is there a sample letter for contacting the Senator on this site?

Thanks everyone!!

09/02/10 Mailed I-129F

09/07/10 NOA1

03/17/11 NOA2 approved

06/06/11 Interview. Visa approved. Told we'll get visa in 7-10 days. Lies.

07/12/11 Visa in hand

07/15/11 Arrival in the U.S.

07/21/11 Marriage

07/28/11 Mailed I-485

08/03/11 NOA for I-485

08/29/11 Biometrics

10/17/11 Greencard interview. Approved.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

i think you should wait another month, before calling your state senator, i know is over 5 months, the holidays, the weather, give it some more time,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They will either put a service request for you and tell you to wait.

or

Tell you that they cant put a service request and tell you to wait.

contacting the Senator might work or might not. It depends on who your senators immigration liaison is. If they have a lot of contacts if they work really hard on your case etc. If they don't then nothing really will change with it.

VSC is currently working at around 6 months not 5 months.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

we waited a week after the noa2 was due (5 months) and then called and got a service request done.......not a problem....got the noa2 a few days later...well worth trying. my fiance called and was just very polite and asked for them to do it

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.