Asuka

Picked Agent, now what??

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

We received word from the NVC in early January that they registered my husband as my agent and they also send us the invoice for the $404 IV Immigrant Visa processing fee, which we paid immediately (status online confirms that it is Paid). That has been almost a month ago and we haven't received any information on how to proceed from here. I just send an email to the NVC about it. Can somebody tell me what's next or why they leave you without further instructions?

If I'm not completely mistaken the next step is them sending me a list of documents I'll need for my interview (I've been preparing those already). Is that correct or am I missing something here?

Edited by Asuka

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

We received word from the NVC in early January that they registered my husband as my agent and they also send us the invoice for the $404 IV Immigrant Visa processing fee, which we paid immediately (status online confirms that it is Paid). That has been almost a month ago and we haven't received any information on how to proceed from here. I just send an email to the NVC about it. Can somebody tell me what's next or why they leave you without further instructions?

If I'm not completely mistaken the next step is them sending me a list of documents I'll need for my interview (I've been preparing those already). Is that correct or am I missing something here?

Log in to the online payment facility and print out your Cover Letters for both AOS and IV. GAther your docs and send with the forms:

AOS: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3197.html

IV: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html

N400

Filing based on 3yrs/USC Spouse. 3 year residency anniversary is in August 2014. Filed immediately after the 90-day early filing mark (May 2014)

05/06/2014 - Mailed N-400

05/15/2014 - Check cashed

05/12/2014 - NOA Date

06/11/2014 - Biometrics Appointment

09/15/2014 - Inline for interview scheduling (was stuck in "Initial Review" for over 3 months!)

10/27/2014 - Scheduled for interview

12/01/2014 - Interview

12/19/2014 - I AM A US CITIZEN!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ask the USC Spouse to read/review the content at http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221785-ds-3032-slowdown/page__view__findpost__p__3560467

and then, after reading, figure out exactly 'where' in the process he's stopped, jump in, and pick it all up again.

I'm guessing no coversheets were printed - the coversheets contain barcode with additional mailing instructions.

Good Luck ! Sometimes training a USC Husband is much more difficult than training an immigration attorney !

why they leave you without further instructions? - usually, 'they' are relying on a petitioner actually reading the instructions that are printed in the coversheets, which are printed from the online payment portal .

(Big PS - now that the IV fee bill is paid, strongly suggest to send off the I-864 and DS-230 set in the same package, to the DS-230 address in the coversheet - will shave 2 to 3 weeks off of yer current processing time)

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I'm guessing no coversheets were printed - the coversheets contain barcode with additional mailing instructions.

Good Luck ! Sometimes training a USC Husband is much more difficult than training an immigration attorney !

(Big PS - now that the IV fee bill is paid, strongly suggest to send off the I-864 and DS-230 set in the same package, to the DS-230 address in the coversheet - will shave 2 to 3 weeks off of yer current processing time)

Ok I missed the section with the coversheet completely, dammit! That set me back a month :( But now I'm confused, I thought I don't have to send the I-864 anywhere, I thought I need to bring that with me to my interview at US Embassy once I get an interview scheduled. I also haven't received a DS-230 package yet. So what do I do now??? The coversheet states to check the website for instructions and there it says

"If you have not been requested by the NVC to complete an Affidavit of Support it may be because:

* You have not paid the Affidavit of Support processing fee, or

* Your petition is not ready to begin processing at the NVC"

I have paid the fee, so what is the issue??? I am going insane here.

PS: A big HAHA for training the USC husband. So far I've been filing everything myself, he says because I have "experience" with visas (I had a J1 once lol) I would be better at it...

Timeline

the docs you need , with instructions, are in the links put in here on post #3. IF you are looking at VJ via a cell phone, it may be that you can't see the links - so be sure yer on a PC running Winders with Adobe AcroBat or FoxIt! PDF reader installed.

Seriously, get the docs listed on post #3. Never, ever, wait on NVC to 'send forms' - it's a waste of time - NVC will send them, each set, every 3 months - so for 3 things, that's 9 months. Do you wish to wait? The forms you need are downloadable - revisit post #3 here, scour the content of those links, read copiously.

Since yer dealing with NVC for IV application intake, there MUST be an I-864/AOS and DS-230/IV submitted INTO NVC. MUST. As to handing over the I-864 on interview day, no, sorry - that intake is done at NVC, NVC does a first level check, with final adjudication done at the Embassy IV Unit.

I think it's time you re-read this entire post, study the content of the links provided here.

In closing, I'll simply state that you and yer USC Spouse are ALLOWED to send in completed forms with supporting documentation WHEN a fee bill is marked PAID in the online payment portal. Instructions for mailing are in the coversheets. There are two coversheets, one for AOS, one for IV.

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Also I just called the NVC hotline with my NVC case number and the automated message told me that they send out a package to my agent (aka my husband) on January 14th. However we haven't received anything yet. Might that be the issue? It said to wait 6 weeks before contacting the NVC about it. Do I really have to wait that long and hope that this alleged package will still arrive, even though almost 4 weeks have passed?

Timeline

wait on nothing.

I can't stress that enough.

Wait On Nothing.

With the DS-3032 already in the casefile, and the IV Fee Bill paid (AOS fee bill paid also)

NVC IS WAITING ON YOU and YOUR USC SPOUSE to SEND STUFF TO NVC.

Print the coversheets (there are two) and download the forms listed in post #3, and go forth.

(but to answer yer question)

No, 'receiving anything yet' is not the issue.

Nothing that NVC MIGHT SEND YOU is holding up this process.

Fee bills are PAID, NVC is waiting on YOU and yer USC Spouse to SEND STUFF TO NVC - so

the hold-up, really,

is YOU. You've done nothing for prepping the packets, you have no coversheets printed to paper, you don't have the mailing packets ready to send in. Instead, you've made a decision to 'wait on NVC' - which, IME/O - will help you to wait about 9 months . Sure - NVC will send something out, but it's about 3 months for each thing. Do you have 9 months to wait?

You have 2 distinct time ticks that you must , now, act on -

and they are

--AOS FEE BILL MARKED PAID (this is the 'sign' it's OK to send in the I-864)

--IV FEE BILL MARKED PAID (this is the 'sign' it's OK to send in the DS-230 )

so with both of these fee bills marked PAID in the online payment portal - YOUR USC SPOUSE is free and clear to SEND IN BOTH SETS OF DOCUMENTS. I suggest, to save time (shaves 2 to 3 weeks, actually) that HE send in BOTH SETS with EACH COVERSHEET in the SAME ENVELOPE to the address in the IV coversheet.

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

Ok, going to the post office asap. Just making sure I have everything here:

DS.230

I-864 (plus W2s and birth certificate)

I-864A (plus W2s and birth certificate)

both coversheets

Am I missing anything? I mean all that other stuff (police certificates, photographs etc) that I assumed I need to bring to the Embassy, do I need to send that in now?

Edited by Asuka

Timeline

none of the stuff that you think you need to bring to the Embassy,

actually goes to the Embassy via handcarry (your hands to the IO's hands)

Well, specifically,

CIVIL DOCUMENTS.

Read all of the pages at DS-230 - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html

and understand WHICH civil documents YOU are to include with the DS-230.

Relationship Evidence (from the I-130 instructions) may or may not be included on your Embassy Day

but Civil Documents? Come On - read !!! I beg of you !

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

re: documents to Embassy

scattered throughout the instructions here and the guides -

is the concept of bringing a COPY or yet another ORIGINAL

of everything that was submitted to USCIS and NVC.

NVC needs, at this stage:

I-864 with income data addendums (tax returns, w-2s, letter of employment, bank statements ETC)

DS-230 with CIVIL DOCUMENTS, beneficiary's prior divorce paperwork as well.

so, anything to 'bring to embassy' is really only as a backup, in case things got lost between USCIS and NVC and the US Embassy IV unit.

whew !

the relationship evidence, on Interview Day, is optional - it's up to you to bring it, or not, it's NOT REQUIRED. Many ppl do bring it, though.

----

I'm stumped when I read yer words, it's as if yer following the DCF guide and not the regular I-130 guide.

---

Timeline

re: documents to Embassy

scattered throughout the instructions here and the guides -

is the concept of bringing a COPY or yet another ORIGINAL

of everything that was submitted to USCIS and NVC.

NVC needs, at this stage:

I-864 with income data addendums (tax returns, w-2s, letter of employment, bank statements ETC)

DS-230 with CIVIL DOCUMENTS, beneficiary's prior divorce paperwork as well.

so, anything to 'bring to embassy' is really only as a backup, in case things got lost between USCIS and NVC and the US Embassy IV unit.

whew !

the relationship evidence, on Interview Day, is optional - it's up to you to bring it, or not, it's NOT REQUIRED. Many ppl do bring it, though.

----

I'm stumped when I read yer words, it's as if yer following the DCF guide and not the regular I-130 guide.

---

Ok, thank you, thank you thank you1 I seriously can't thank you enough. I am so completely overwhelmed by all of this and every time I'm confident that we are on track, I stumble over something else that I forgot or overlooked or didn't account for. I'm just slowly going nuts, so if I don't get this stupid Greencard soon, they'll have to send me to the nearest asylum...

Timeline

There's a nice one in Leeds.

The one in Liverpool, not so nice ;)

Timeline

There's a nice one in Leeds.

The one in Liverpool, not so nice ;)

I'm sure they've got quite a few out here :)

One last question, I'm sending out my package tomorrow morning (Post office was closed by the time I got back from college :( ), once it arrives at the NVC, about how long is it gonna take before the next step, i.e. the scheduling of the interview.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

I'm sure they've got quite a few out here :)

One last question, I'm sending out my package tomorrow morning (Post office was closed by the time I got back from college :( ), once it arrives at the NVC, about how long is it gonna take before the next step, i.e. the scheduling of the interview.

Once NVC receives your package, they need to enter it into their system - 10 to 14 days

Then they need to review it, SIF and CC - 10 to 14 days

Interview scheduling depends on the workload of your Consulate.

I saw that yours in London Embassy - If yes, another 1 to 1.5 months time after NVC CC.

Loto

Edited by PatiencePaidOff

CSC - I-130 for Parents (IR5)

10/11/2011 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2011 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

10/17/2011 - Email received with Receipt#, Routed to CSC

10/18/2011 - Cleared the checks $420*2

10/21/2011 - Received NOA1

03/30/2012 - Received NOA2

NVC

04/19/2012 - NVC received

05/01/2012 - Case# generated

05/02/2012 - DS-3032 COA emailed

05/02/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

05/05/2012 - I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

05/07/2012 - I-864 AOS package received by NVC

05/07/2012 - DS-3032 COA accepted

05/08/2012 - DS-230 IV Fee $230*2 paid

05/09/2012 - DS-230 IV package mailed to NVC

05/11/2012 - DS-230 IV package received by NVC

05/17/2012 - Case Completed

Consulate

07/02/2012 - VFS visit in Cochin

07/04/2012 - Medical in Chennai

07/12/2012 - Interview in Mumbai - Success!

09/08/2012 - POE at JFK, NY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.