9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi, I know heaps of people have asked this same question, but from what I've read there seems to be conflicting opinions.

On Feb. 3 my AOS was moved to the CSC.

I've read that this is supposed to mean your petition is being fast-tracked and you probably won't get an interview, but others say that the CSC is currently taking a long time to process all their cases.

What's the current situation with the CSC?

Thanks!

01/09/09 - Sent I-129F

Visa Approved!

23/07/10 - Arrived in the U.S.

28/08/10 - Got Married

20/10/10 - Sent AOS

04/11/10 - InfoPass Appointment to request an Expedited AP

05/11/10 - Expedited AP Approved! RFE requested for AOS

01/02/11 - RFE sent

01/01/11 - RFE Received

01/12/11 - Biometrics taken

01/28/11 - EAD Approved

02/02/11 - AOS moved to CSC

03/07/11 - Greencard Approved!

Timeline

CSC has been up and down from what others have posted. I wouldn't speculate on a timeframe, it is usually anywhere inside six months or longer. Expect that others may be approved before you. Unfortunately it's a waiting game. Best thing is that there is no interview in most cases, some people in VJ have had their files sent back to local offices for interview for any particular reason. Be "prepared for anything" is the motto in the immigration process.

Adjustment of Status from K-1 visa.

CIS Office: Charleston WV

Date Filed: 2010-06-08

NOA Date: 2010-06-14

RFE(s): 2010-07-26

Bio. Appt: 2010-07-01

AOS Transfer 2010-08-26 CSC

AP and EAD approved 01 September 2010

Service Request issued: March 17, 2011

Green Card Approval: March 29, 2011

Green Card in Hand: April 4, 2011

Permanent Resident since March 23, 2011

Full time State employee (VA)

ROC Window opens: December 23, 2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Agree with the above. I think you're looking at around 4-5 months total if you're lucky, but some have been waiting longer. Hopefully things will pick up soon.

**Edit - waiting sucks of course but I feel lucky to have found VJ because I feel more informed. I remember with the K1 I just felt like the waiting was forever... but then when I found VJ I found out what the wait times were like, and saw others in my position so I didn't feel so alone.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline

Thanks for the replies.

Even though it sucks waiting, at least now I won't get my hopes up :lol:

01/09/09 - Sent I-129F

Visa Approved!

28/08/10 - Got Married

20/10/10 - Sent AOS

01/02/11 - RFE sent

01/01/11 - RFE Received

01/28/11 - EAD Approved

Timeline

Thanks for the replies.

Even though it sucks waiting, at least now I won't get my hopes up :lol:

No don't get your hopes up darl, mine was sent to CSC 22nd Dec too and now I got an email last week for another RFE. So now we wait again and I send more stuff to them :(

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

There is such a large inconsistency with the "system". We filed I-485 in November 2010, received letter that it was transfered to CSC on 12/31, Doan received her GC on 2/4 (and the welcome letter on 2/7 - which said the GC should arrive in about 3 weeks). Go figure!

For us it was total of 2.5 months and a little over a month after transfer to CSC.

Hang in there and hope you hear something soon!

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Timeline

There is such a large inconsistency with the "system". We filed I-485 in November 2010, received letter that it was transfered to CSC on 12/31, Doan received her GC on 2/4 (and the welcome letter on 2/7 - which said the GC should arrive in about 3 weeks). Go figure!

For us it was total of 2.5 months and a little over a month after transfer to CSC.

Hang in there and hope you hear something soon!

wow that's great Berni who knows why they take longer for some and not others it is very confusing.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Timeline

UPDATE -

I just checked my case status online and now it's saying my application "was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office." There's no date.

Does this mean it was transferred back to my local office?

If that's true that would have to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard of. What a waste of time and money to send it all the case to CSC only to turn around and send it back 2 weeks later.

01/09/09 - Sent I-129F

Visa Approved!

28/08/10 - Got Married

20/10/10 - Sent AOS

01/02/11 - RFE sent

01/01/11 - RFE Received

01/28/11 - EAD Approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

No that is a generic email (with confusing wording!!)... They are in theory working again on your case at the CSC (which has become the "local" office they re talking about)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.