hollyw

Getting ready for Ramadan...

140 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Can I Drink Protein Drink during Ramadan???

I Am Christian From the South.

didnt you say in the other forum you was from jamaica? hmmmmmmm. i am a christian too but you are acting like an #######.

glitter_maker_12_28_2006_10_08_52_29516.gif

us3.jpg

Copy_of_Algeriaflagsamir.gif

usaflagshannon.gif

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

If I've found something that has gelatin in it, I just call up the customer service lines and ask. They will usually send me coupons for my troubles :thumbs: Or, surf the company website, because some will list it on there. Blue Bunny does this.

Edys Icecream is kosher, except for Rocky Road and anything else that may have marshmallows in it. But, still call em up, because they sent us a lot of coupons.

Now, just as a disclaimer, just because something is kosher doesn't make it zabiha. Zabiha refers to the method of slaughter. Some people who keep their food guidelines strictly will not eat anything meat related unless it was slaughtered in the islamic manner. Kosher may not meet those guidelines, although in many cases it does. Definately should be something investigated further if it's of importance to you.

When in doubt, say bismillah before eating :star:

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

i didnt even realize gelatin came from pork. i am staying away from pork because it just isnt good for you. and honestly i dont miss it at all. i eat alot of chicken, seafood, and beef. i have never really liked pork (except for ham). i have also started buying turkey bacon and turkey italian sausage.

us3.jpg

usaflagshannon.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Jennie O makes fantastic turkey ham :thumbs:

Howeva, watch out for those turkey sausages. Jennie O turkey sausages and brats are often cased in pork casing :huh:

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

Howeva, watch out for those turkey sausages. Jennie O turkey sausages and brats are often cased in pork casing :huh:

i was thinking about that because i heard the casing could be pork . i take the casing off tho because i dont like it lol i have always done that. but samir cant eat it because the casing touched the meat. are there any kinds without pork casing?

us3.jpg

usaflagshannon.gif

LOL!

Jello brand gelatin is made with kosher gelatin so he can eat that :)

Some yogurts, candies, fruit snacks, etc. contain gelatin as well so you really have to read your labels. That is if you're vigilant about it.

If you call Kraft Foods and ask the source of their gelatin in the Jell-O products, they will tell you collagen that is derived from pork and beef. Their claim is that the food source is no longer recognizable after processing.

I remember reading somewhere that a manufacturer needs no certification to put the K symbol alone on a food product. There are various Kosher certifiers with other symbols and their guidelines can vary (differences of opinion on whether hide/bones are considered meat).

It all depends on how strict you want to take it. My husband only eats zabihah, so this excludes Kosher as well as any other products that contain animal products - unless it comes from a zabihah source. Makes for a lot of reading of labels.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
didnt you say in the other forum you was from jamaica? hmmmmmmm. i am a christian too but you are acting like an #######.

I never said I was from Jamaica. I confused Jamaican Flag. That means (oops sorry gals) that means i m probably not. Well. There are some good logiuc classes at comunity colleges these days - check them out.

No acting like an #######. Just being myself

Anyway, Protein powder during ramadan - Good or not???.

Is Whey OK, ok Soy protein better??.. Can I use Casein and l-glutamine???

Just want to do everything right this year!!!

This may be a stupid question but I will never know the answer if I don't ask, right?? What exactly do you mean by "cased"...in terms of the food being cased in pork??? How do I find out if it's not on the package? just call the company? and is all gelatin made from pork? sorry if this is stupid but I really don't know..

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Most turkey sausage is cased in pork casings. It will say so in the ingredients.

Not all gelatin is made from pork. Some is made from vegetable or beef byproducts. If you're in doubt just call the company.

This may be a stupid question but I will never know the answer if I don't ask, right?? What exactly do you mean by "cased"...in terms of the food being cased in pork??? How do I find out if it's not on the package? just call the company? and is all gelatin made from pork? sorry if this is stupid but I really don't know..

Yep..so are Turkey Store Brand turkey sausage. I bought a package of Italian turkey sausage and was all excited then I read the ingredients...pork casings...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Butterball and Mr. Turkey make awesome turkey bacon :thumbs: Surprisingly so is Meijer brand turkey bacon...it's goooood!

Oh oh oh and Hormel Turkey pepperoni...it rocks out!

Edited by moody

hmmm...i guess I'll have to start calling some places.....thanks for the info....

does cased mean, the packaging or..a wrap around the meat...or what?

Interview-December 2005

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....ok, that stuff IS nasty.... no worries about me eating that... hehe

thanks

Interview-December 2005

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.