JustJanis

Skype as proof of communication?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Mark and I Skype every day, sometimes up to 4 times and I wanted to use that as proof of our relationship in the event that we get an RFE and to add to the info I'll bring to the interview.

I heard that there was a way to print out a list of Skype sessions showing date, time and length but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Does anyone know how this is done?

Thx. :luv:

---------------------
Oct. 22 - 25/10: Met in Hawaii and fell in love!
Jan. 3/11: Together in Seattle for New Years - officially, ENGAGED got my ring and we got matching tattoos!
Jan. 8/11: Mailed K1 forms to Lockbox in Lewisville, TX
Jan. 11/11: Check cashed.
Jan. 12/11: NOA1 - Initial Review - Petition Received
Jan. 14/11: Last Touch
Jan. 17/11: Rec'd email notification with receipt number and notice that package was received and routed to Vermont for Processing. Able to logon within a day to check case.
Feb. 24/11: Mailed additional info to VSC
May 10/11: RFE email - May 12/11: RFE hard copy received
May 27/11: RFE reply received and being processed.
July 1/11: NOA2!!!
July 14/11: NVC forwards petition to Vancouver
July 21/11: Packet 3 received via email.
Aug. 7/11: Packed 3 emailed back
Aug. 8/11: Packet 4 letter received via email
Sept. 21/11: Medical - SUCCESS!!!!
Sept. 23/11: Visa Interview = SUCCESS!!!
Sept. 28/11: Visa in hand
Sept. 29/11: POE at YVR to Seattle
Oct. 23/11: Hawaii beach wedding
Jan. 12/12: 1-485 & 1-765 NOA hard copies received
Feb. 2/12: NOA - case transferred to California
Mar. 3/12: Biometrics Done!
Mar. 14/12: Work Permit card being printed (never arrived, lost in the mail)
May. 8/12: I-485 Approved - Green Card in the mail
May. 12/12: GREEN CARD!!!!!!!!!!!

Package Mailed then RFE then Interview... and finally:

Jan.21/15: 10 Year Green Card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just copied and pasted (Ctrl-a)the whole history and then weeded out the un-necessary stuff. I sent like 9 pages of calls to my wife for the interview in a word document..

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Skype won't work for the I-129F petition, since it asks for proof of having met in person in the last two years. No proof of ongoing relationship is requested or required for the petition. Some suggest one "front-load" the petition with such evidence, but you would not receive an RFE for not having it.

It would be acceptable to include such evidence for the interview and a useful technique would be to either print screen or use the built-in photo taking function while doing video chats. We did this and printed out about three pages with four photos per page, showing us Skyping over a time period of two years in different locations.

Mark and I Skype every day, sometimes up to 4 times and I wanted to use that as proof of our relationship in the event that we get an RFE and to add to the info I'll bring to the interview.

I heard that there was a way to print out a list of Skype sessions showing date, time and length but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Does anyone know how this is done?

I found a great program called Skype Call Exporter. You can find it mentioned here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/261846-skyp-call-and-chat-records/ It shows who you're calling, how long the call was, what date, etc.

There's also another program in that thread in the first post called Skype LogView which shows your ENTIRE chat history.

They're both very useful programs :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you all... I appreciate the help and advise. :luv:

---------------------
Oct. 22 - 25/10: Met in Hawaii and fell in love!
Jan. 3/11: Together in Seattle for New Years - officially, ENGAGED got my ring and we got matching tattoos!
Jan. 8/11: Mailed K1 forms to Lockbox in Lewisville, TX
Jan. 11/11: Check cashed.
Jan. 12/11: NOA1 - Initial Review - Petition Received
Jan. 14/11: Last Touch
Jan. 17/11: Rec'd email notification with receipt number and notice that package was received and routed to Vermont for Processing. Able to logon within a day to check case.
Feb. 24/11: Mailed additional info to VSC
May 10/11: RFE email - May 12/11: RFE hard copy received
May 27/11: RFE reply received and being processed.
July 1/11: NOA2!!!
July 14/11: NVC forwards petition to Vancouver
July 21/11: Packet 3 received via email.
Aug. 7/11: Packed 3 emailed back
Aug. 8/11: Packet 4 letter received via email
Sept. 21/11: Medical - SUCCESS!!!!
Sept. 23/11: Visa Interview = SUCCESS!!!
Sept. 28/11: Visa in hand
Sept. 29/11: POE at YVR to Seattle
Oct. 23/11: Hawaii beach wedding
Jan. 12/12: 1-485 & 1-765 NOA hard copies received
Feb. 2/12: NOA - case transferred to California
Mar. 3/12: Biometrics Done!
Mar. 14/12: Work Permit card being printed (never arrived, lost in the mail)
May. 8/12: I-485 Approved - Green Card in the mail
May. 12/12: GREEN CARD!!!!!!!!!!!

Package Mailed then RFE then Interview... and finally:

Jan.21/15: 10 Year Green Card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://forum.skype.com/index.php?showtopic=87531

Hi !

If you're using Skype like web cam and talk ( like my fiance and I do) you'll need this !

The link above that i gave you is a forum and it contains a skype call exporter program , just scroll down a little bit and you'll see a post by Lucdecauver, he/she gave a download link for that program that he/she made.

It works great ! You have instructions there too, basically you download it, install it, and at the same time open your Skype and put it on online status, then the program will ask you ( on Skype ) to allow it , click yes ,and every time after that when you want to retrieve the log of your calls open the program and do the same as when you first installed it :)

Good luck with your petition ! :)

ups, now i saw you already got help from others :)

AOS

I-485 & I-765 SENT IN MAIL - 06/03/2011
I-485 & I-765 E-MAIL NOTICE - 06/06/2011
I-485 & I-765 NOA 1hard copy- 06/07/2011
I-485 & I-765 Bio App - 07/27/2011
I-485 RFE - 07/30/2011
I -485 RFE response review - 08/25/2011
I-485 case transfer to CSC - 09/12/2011
I-765 service request - 09/19/2011
I-765 approved - 10/03/2011 (122 days)
I.485 touched - 09/16/2011
EAD card received -10/13/2011

Green card 11/28/2011

Removing Conditions I-751

NOA 11/20/2013

Biometrics 12/17/2013

I used skypelogview :)

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Put the cursor on the log field (where it says call from ABC, call to XYZ)& right click, select all, copy selection, then paste it to a word document...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.