Robby999

How secure are our Borders?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I hope Janet decides to take a look at OUR border security now!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/01/27/iranian-book-celebrating-suicide-bombers-arizona-desert/

Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.

The Liberal mind is where logic goes to die!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I hope Janet decides to take a look at OUR border security now!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/01/27/iranian-book-celebrating-suicide-bombers-arizona-desert/

I hope you decide to take a look at how to copy and paste an article into an OP.

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

I hope you decide to take a look at how to copy and paste an article into an OP.

That's rather rude of you! I thought liberals were full of empathy and compassion (as well other things)?

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I have no trouble viewing the article, try disabling the rose-colored filter on your screen maybe you can view the link then!

Edited by Robby999

Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.

The Liberal mind is where logic goes to die!

Filed: Timeline

I have no trouble viewing the article, try disabling the rose-colored filter on your screen maybe you can view the link then!

He doesn't want to increase the FoxNew'####### count.

copy-paste.jpg

Edited by Some Old Guy

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

He doesn't want to increase the FoxNew'####### count.

copy-paste.jpg

LOL, as if my efforts would have any effect. The paranoid IT Overlords here at work have made it a pain in the #### to click through to links. There were a few people who got caught up in a hijack link scam several months ago, so clicking links inside an article is disabled. I have to copy and paste the link into another browser. Yes, I know I'm lazy.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Iranian Book Celebrating Suicide Bombers Found in Arizona Desert

EXCLUSIVE: A book celebrating suicide bombers has been found in the Arizona desert just north of the U.S.- Mexican border, authorities tell Fox News.

The book, "In Memory of Our Martyrs," was spotted Tuesday by a U.S. Border Patrol agent out of the Casa Grande substation who was patrolling a route known for smuggling illegal immigrants and drugs.

Published in Iran, it consists of short biographies of Islamic suicide bombers and other Islamic militants who died carrying out attacks.

According to internal U.S. Customs and Border Protection documents, "The book also includes letters from suicide attackers to their families, as well as some of their last wills and testaments." Each biographical page contains "the terrorist's name, date of death, and how they died."

Agents also say that the book appears to have been exposed to weather in the desert "for at least several days or weeks."

Authorities told Fox News that there were no people in the area at the time the book was found, and no arrests have been made in connection with it.

"At this time, DHS does not have any credible information on terrorist groups operating along the Southwest border," a Department of Homeland Security official said in a statement. "We work closely with our partners in the law enforcement and intelligence communities and as a matter of due diligence and law enforcement best practice, report anything found, no matter how significant or insignificant it may seem."

Statements from U.S. officials, including FBI director Robert Mueller, have raised serious concerns in recent years over "OTMs" -- or illegal immigrants other than Mexicans -- who have crossed the southwest border at alarming rates.

Mueller testified before the House Appropriations Committee in March 2005 that "there are individuals from countries with known Al Qaeda connections who are changing their Islamic surnames to Hispanic-sounding names and obtaining false Hispanic identities, learning to speak Spanish and pretending to be Hispanic."

Just last year, the Department of Homeland Security had in custody thousands of detainees from Afghanistan, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Yemen. U.S. Border Patrol statistics indicate that there were 108,025 OTMs detained in 2006, compared to 165,178 in 2005 and 44,614 in 2004.

Authorities would not release a picture of the book to Fox News, or reveal how long they believe it was lying in the desert. Immigration officials have previously discovered items along the U.S.-Mexico border from Middle Eastern origin, including Iranian currency in Zapata, Texas, and a jacket found in Jim Hogg County, Texas, that was covered in patches including an Arabic military badge that illustrates an airplane flying into a tower.

Filed: Other Timeline

See . . . that's the thing: look at all the ####### travelers have to go through when getting to the airport and trying to board a plane. Now compare this to the fairly open border to Mexico where thousands, if not ten thousands, of illegal immigrants enter the US ever year.

Without trying to infuse cynicism into this debate, guess when the US Government is going to secure the US/Mexico border? My guess is, after a terrorist attack has been launched in the US, and it's been proven that the terrorists entered the United States by foot from Mexico. Then, and only then the outrage of the American public will be so loud and cannot be longer ignored, that the Fed will have no other choice but to get off their big behinds and get busy.

Until then . . . not so much.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915