Lizz&Mohamed

RETURNED CR1 PETITION TO USCIS FOR REVIEW

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello VJ family members,

Just wondering if anyone had their CR1 petition returned back to USCIS for Review? Cairo Embassy returned it due to the CO's opinion that my husband did not not enough about me by not answering 3 questions correctly during the interview. One question was never asked & the other 2 can be explained. I will not go into the extensive background on our case because for one it is rather long but mostly because I mainly want feedback from any other CR1 filers in a similar situation. The case was returned back to USCIS for "further review".

USCIS has been in receipt of our petition since April 13, 2010. Their 180days(6months) processing time for my type of review. My Congresswoman is very much involved and when the first 180days expired they told her that we are under "extensive review" and that we needed to give them an additional 180days. Are they kidding?! I guess not but my God, my husband & I have done everything by the book. Why is this happening to us? I met my husband June 2008 and since then, we have been as patient and supportive of one another during this most difficult and stressful time.

ANY CR1 FILERS IN THE SIMILAR SITUATION? IF SO, HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN SINCE USCIS HAS BEEN IN RECEIPT OF YOUR CASE OR HOW SOON WAS IS RESOLVED?

Thanking you in advance for your response. I didn't realize how difficult this process was going to be. I figured if we met all their conditions/requirements, then as easy as 1,2,3 - Visa will be approved for a spouse. "Insha Allah" all this wait, will bring positive results for all of us in this most difficult and trying situation.

Sincerely,

Lizz&Mohamed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

did they make a home visit for him or ask his dad or mam any kind of quiz

we are at the same boat also , egypt is very hard dont know why realy they do us like this , like you see we was k1 and they send it back and we get married and will file the cr1 i hope soon but you make me worry now

god help us

how many times you come to visit him , and what quiz he cant answer ? , did you you was with him at interview ???

06-15-2008 : my fiancee first visit to me ( stayed 3 weeks ) .

06-23-2009 : my fiancee secound visit me in Egypt ( stayed 6 weeks ).

06-28-2009 : ENGAGED

10-29-2009 : I-129F Sent

01-27-2010 : my fiancee 3rd visit to Egypt ( stayed 6 weeks ) .

02-09-2010 : travel with my fiancee to turkey in a vacation (5 days)

05-25-2010 : my fiancee 4th visit to ( stayed 2 months ) .

06-03-2010 :Interview Date .

Interview Result : approved ( ya right ! )

07-01-2010 : we got a letter had my passport and over the visa stamp says ( canceled without prejudice )!!

06-29-2010 : case sent back to usa !!!

07-07-2010 : MARRIED

01-12-2011 : the letter state the k1 case is expired , and ther was no prob to file back for any kind of visa

04-25-2011 : my wife here now visiting me in egypt for 2 and half mounth yayyyyyyyyyyyy

05-18-2011 : travel with my wife to malaysia in a 1 week vaction

06-14-2011 : register our marraige papers in cairo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CAocm7.png

Timeline

did they make a home visit for him or ask his dad or mam any kind of quiz

we are at the same boat also , egypt is very hard dont know why realy they do us like this , like you see we was k1 and they send it back and we get married and will file the cr1 i hope soon but you make me worry now

god help us

how many times you come to visit him , and what quiz he cant answer ? , did you you was with him at interview ???

Timeline

Asalamu Aleykum - a loves a,

I visit Egypt 1 time every year because of how expensive it is to fly and because my kids have traveled with me to Egypt - it can be so expensive. The test questions that the White American CO says he got wrong are:

That he did not know my birthdate - which is a lie because this is first thing we learned about each other is our age! My husband did give it to them in Egyptian way with the day first and then the month but the Embassy should know this way so good. The second question she say he did not know was how long I lived in my flat/apartment, which my husband told me "Wallahi" this woman NEVER asked me this question, what she asked me is if you own or rent your flat and the third question was that yes, he did not know if I had a job in another state that I lived for only 8months but anybody can get this wrong if I did not tell him this information. Even if I married American husband, it does not mean my american husband will know everything there is to know about me!!! My big mistake, I did not travel to Egypt to be with thim in the interview and he was alone. This woman was really hard with him. But Wallahi if they give us a second interview (Insha Allah), I will be right there with him in this second interview.

I hope this helps you. Thank you for answering me.

Lizz&Mohamed

Timeline

IM SORRY - I FORGET TO TELL YOU NO THEY DID NOT MAKE A VISIT TO HIS FAMILY TO ASK THEM ANYTHING. THEY ASKED HIM HOW HIS FAMILY FEEL ABOUT HIM MARRYING A CHRISTIAN AND BECAUSE HE IS LITTLE YOUNGER THAN ME. HE TOLD THEM, THEY HAD NO PROBLEM AND HAVE ACCEPTED ME AND MY CHILDREN INTO THEIR HOME AND PART OF THEIR FAMILY NOW.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello VJ family members,

Just wondering if anyone had their CR1 petition returned back to USCIS for Review? Cairo Embassy returned it due to the CO's opinion that my husband did not not enough about me by not answering 3 questions correctly during the interview. One question was never asked & the other 2 can be explained. I will not go into the extensive background on our case because for one it is rather long but mostly because I mainly want feedback from any other CR1 filers in a similar situation. The case was returned back to USCIS for "further review".

USCIS has been in receipt of our petition since April 13, 2010. Their 180days(6months) processing time for my type of review. My Congresswoman is very much involved and when the first 180days expired they told her that we are under "extensive review" and that we needed to give them an additional 180days. Are they kidding?! I guess not but my God, my husband & I have done everything by the book. Why is this happening to us? I met my husband June 2008 and since then, we have been as patient and supportive of one another during this most difficult and stressful time.

ANY CR1 FILERS IN THE SIMILAR SITUATION? IF SO, HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN SINCE USCIS HAS BEEN IN RECEIPT OF YOUR CASE OR HOW SOON WAS IS RESOLVED?

Thanking you in advance for your response. I didn't realize how difficult this process was going to be. I figured if we met all their conditions/requirements, then as easy as 1,2,3 - Visa will be approved for a spouse. "Insha Allah" all this wait, will bring positive results for all of us in this most difficult and trying situation.

Sincerely,

Lizz&Mohamed

Hi Lizz,

First of all I feel your pain (I'm in the process of bringing my husband to US since 2008 myself). Last year I met a lady on this forum with similar situation to yours. Her husband's case was returned to USCIS. She waited for 9 months for the review to be completed. After 9 months they requested additional proof of their relationship which she submitted right away. It worked, the case was sent back to NVC soon after that.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

I am very sorry to hear about your trials and tribulations. The only thing I would always suggest to anyone trying to bring their loved ones from Sub-Saharan African is to be present at the interview. Hopefully, you will be able to make it for the second. Good luck, be patient and all will work out for you!

Timeline

I want to thank you all very much for your kind words of support. It means a lot to me to hear that others that have been in the same type of situation had positive results in the end. I have often been told not to worry so much, that as long as my husband nor I lied in our paperwork and that all that is in question is the CO's personal opinion...that our case will be "re-affirmed" by USCIS & sent back to the Cairo Embassy for a second interview. But when I've called USCIS & they started telling you how the FBI is running background checks...well it is somewhat intimidating to hear.

Thank you again & for those who are out there with the same situation - lets all hang in there...

Lizz&Mohamed

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Hello VJ family members,

Sincerely,

Lizz&Mohamed

hello liz how are u doing? i would like to know what happened to your case. did u hear from USCIS. We ve not any news yet we are still waiting. good luck.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hello liz how are u doing? i would like to know what happened to your case. did u hear from USCIS. We ve not any news yet we are still waiting. good luck.

Hello. I am in a similar situation with my spouse. We had an interview at the Jamaican embassy March 29, 2011 and they returned my petition to USCIS which was received May13, 2011. I have emailed the embassy several times to request the reason for returning with no reply. What is the update on your case and how did the USCIS take to review your application once they received it? Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.