port75

Medical Exam - Missing Vacine

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

Wife has interview coming up soon at US Embassy. So, she scheduled medical exam. Before going, she went to her personal doctor to review vacines and was given the varicella vacine. Now after going to medical exam, doctor told her she was also missing the 2nd dose of the MMR vacine. Problem is that because she received varicella vacine, she must wait 30 days before she receive the MMR. However, her interview is scheduled before then.

The doctor advised that she go to the interview, explain the situation, and then once she received the MMR vacine doctor would deliver report to US Embassy.

I'm guessing they will conduct interview, but will not issue visa until the records are delivered to Embassy. Any thoughts? Anybody else had similar situation? Should she expect any obstacles?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Very strange, the doctor should sign off on the vaccinations OK with the first MMR dose, and leave it up to you to do this after getting visa and entry to the USA.

My wife had just first dose none and ahe no problems immigrating, we latter got tested for immunity, when she wanted to go to a college in the USA, but the second dose was not needed for immigrations and green-card.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Wife has interview coming up soon at US Embassy. So, she scheduled medical exam. Before going, she went to her personal doctor to review vacines and was given the varicella vacine. Now after going to medical exam, doctor told her she was also missing the 2nd dose of the MMR vacine. Problem is that because she received varicella vacine, she must wait 30 days before she receive the MMR. However, her interview is scheduled before then.

The doctor advised that she go to the interview, explain the situation, and then once she received the MMR vacine doctor would deliver report to US Embassy.

I'm guessing they will conduct interview, but will not issue visa until the records are delivered to Embassy. Any thoughts? Anybody else had similar situation? Should she expect any obstacles?

Thats very wierd because its up to you if you want all the vaccine in your medical appointment or when you got here in USA and will still issue the visa if you passed the interview...you should not worried about vaccination...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

Thats very wierd because its up to you if you want all the vaccine in your medical appointment or when you got here in USA and will still issue the visa if you passed the interview...you should not worried about vaccination...

She tried explaining that to the doctor and convincing him to sign off given she already had the 1st dose, but noluck. Doctor simply stated that he would not complete paperwork until she showed proof of having received 2nd dose of MMR. Not sure I have any options.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

She tried explaining that to the doctor and convincing him to sign off given she already had the 1st dose, but noluck. Doctor simply stated that he would not complete paperwork until she showed proof of having received 2nd dose of MMR. Not sure I have any options.

Most consulates have more than one medical center or board certified doctor, if so then perhaps going to the other one.

Moving this thread to Consulate/Embassy forum...

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

You are correct that it is up to you if you want all the shots but it is up to the physician to certify your immunization status based on health and age. Without that approval you won't get a visa. Not much to contest either since the physicians are approved by the embassy. As Dan said, try another approved physician would be about the only choice or wait a couple of weeks, have the shot and the worries are over.

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bogota, Colombia
Marriage: 2009-08-01
I-130 Sent : 2009-09-29
I-130 NOA1 : 2009-10-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-03-18
NVC Received : 2010-03-23
Case Completed at NVC : 2010-09-16
Interview Date : December 16, 2010
Interview Result : APPROVED
Visa Received : 12/27/10
US Entry :12/29/10
Two-year green card received: 1/19/11
SSN received: 2/2/11
Lifting of Conditions Filed 10/1/12
Lifting of Conditions NOA 10/9/12
Lifting of Conditions Biometrics Appt 10/31/12

Lifting of Conditions Approved 12/10/12

10-yr green card received 1/8/13

N-400 Naturalization Application 10/1/2013
Marital Bliss: Endless

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Now I'm worried :( ...I am missing a vaccine and consulate approved doctor said she would order it. She called me yesterday to say she cant get it before the interview date (Feb 14), that she would recommend in her report that I get it when I arrive in the states.

Will that cause a problem? Will the embassy accept that or will I have to go and find it elsewhere before I am approved?

Edited by Mrs O.

N400

Filing based on 3yrs/USC Spouse. 3 year residency anniversary is in August 2014. Filed immediately after the 90-day early filing mark (May 2014)

05/06/2014 - Mailed N-400

05/15/2014 - Check cashed

05/12/2014 - NOA Date

06/11/2014 - Biometrics Appointment

09/15/2014 - Inline for interview scheduling (was stuck in "Initial Review" for over 3 months!)

10/27/2014 - Scheduled for interview

12/01/2014 - Interview

12/19/2014 - I AM A US CITIZEN!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.