Lonney

Visiting US while K1 is processing

11 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has had experience with visiting the US while their K1 is being processed.

I know you can visit so long as you have good evidence you'll just be visiting and leaving again.

I'm a New Zealander currently in Canada with a working holiday visa. Cut a long story short, I met a girl from Alaska, spent quite a bit of time together. She's about to go back home to Alaska, and I'm planning on visiting in April/May this year when my working holiday visa for Canada ends. I then plan on going back home to New Zealand via LA (where my flight leaves from).

I already have a return ticket home etc, is that in it self enough evidence to allow me to visit and (leave again via the US) if we file for a K1 now? Or would it be better to wait until I'm back in NZ before we file a K1?

I'm aware of the DCF and other options, but those are not practical, nor is there any cost/time advantage in the end when all said and done.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Probably would be easier to File the I-129F after you visited Alaska.

But this is a FAQ: http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-application.html#4.6

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Why? File now. Don't succumb to paranoia; you are doing everything legally and correctly.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

But this is a FAQ: http://www.visajourn...cation.html#4.6

Thanks for the link, I hadn't found that FAQ on this site, however I had found another one with less detail.

I already have a B1/B2 visa so it's looking promising with what another person here has said about visiting.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

; I visited my fiance past December/January and I am going to the US again this april 2nd for an other 3 weeks.

My acces has been denied once (May, 2010 :bonk: ), and I had to do an interview (B2 Visa) and got approved.

Since then, (July, August, December, January), not a problem, although it takes some time for them to finish my secondary security check.

I just took/take a copy of our I-129f package, copy of our NOA1, return flight, letter from my employer and some salary specifications.

You should be able to prove strong ties!!! That's all, and be honest about your relationship and everything they ask you... :innocent:

Don't worry, it is alright to visit your fiancee :blush:

Edited by Channah&Aaron

holland-flag-44.gifunited-states-flag-88.gif

heart-119.gif August 28th, 2011: Wedding heart-119.giflove-182.gif

AOS
August 31th, 2011: applied for SS#
September 6th: received SS#
September 26th, 2011: AOS sent
September 30th, 2011: NOA1
October 6th, 2011: NOA1 hard copy
October 26th,2011: Biometrics
October 28th, 2011: case transferred to California for faster processing
December 5th, 2011: received EAD/AP card
February 22nd, 2012: Green card in production
February 27th, 2012: GREEN CARD in hand, yaaay!!!

November 10th, 2013: ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If you're serious about getting married and living together, file as soon as possible. I did my initial research last summer, saw that the process took 4-6 months, and put off filing. I am regretting it now, with the slow-downs.

July 3, 2011 - POE at Pacific Central Station

July 25, 2011 - AOS mailed

August 30, 2011 - RFE (ARRRRGH)

September 26, 2011 - Biometrics appt

Sept 30 - Response to RFE sent in.

November 22, 2011 - Interview @ San Bernardino. Approved! Went down the street and got a passport stamp too, so I can travel for xmas.

NO MORE DEALING WITH IMMIGRATION FOR TWO WHOLE YEARS! AMAZING!

Hi and thanks for the replies,

One thing that caught my eye while researching, reading forms etc, is on the I-129F it says this at the bottom of page 2:

Note: (Designation of a U.S. embassy or consulate outside of the country if your fiance(e)'s last residence does not guarantee acceptance for processing by that foreign post. Acceptance is at the discretion of the designated embassy or consulate.)

I'm (the beneficiary) in Canada at the moment, and will be for another two or three months, then spending some time in the US, then going home to NZ in June. It'll be the consulate in Auckland New Zealand that I want it processed of course. I wonder if I should contact them to find out if they are likely to accept it or not?

The other thing I noticed, the VJ guides say to include photos and other evidence that we've met with the I-129F. But officially on the USCIS site (that I can find) and on the form, and their guide for filling in the form, it makes no mention of including this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi and thanks for the replies,

One thing that caught my eye while researching, reading forms etc, is on the I-129F it says this at the bottom of page 2:

Note: (Designation of a U.S. embassy or consulate outside of the country if your fiance(e)'s last residence does not guarantee acceptance for processing by that foreign post. Acceptance is at the discretion of the designated embassy or consulate.)

I'm (the beneficiary) in Canada at the moment, and will be for another two or three months, then spending some time in the US, then going home to NZ in June. It'll be the consulate in Auckland New Zealand that I want it processed of course. I wonder if I should contact them to find out if they are likely to accept it or not?

The other thing I noticed, the VJ guides say to include photos and other evidence that we've met with the I-129F. But officially on the USCIS site (that I can find) and on the form, and their guide for filling in the form, it makes no mention of including this.

That sounds like it is from the direct consular filing notes, which are for PETITIONERS living outside of the US, not beneficiaries. However, getting in touch with Auckland sounds like a good idea.

Photos are secondary evidence (since the date the photos were taken is unprovable) but most people include a few. Dated financial records, passport stamps and plane/train/bus tickets are primary evidence. There are lots of posts that go into more detail on this elsewhere.

July 3, 2011 - POE at Pacific Central Station

July 25, 2011 - AOS mailed

August 30, 2011 - RFE (ARRRRGH)

September 26, 2011 - Biometrics appt

Sept 30 - Response to RFE sent in.

November 22, 2011 - Interview @ San Bernardino. Approved! Went down the street and got a passport stamp too, so I can travel for xmas.

NO MORE DEALING WITH IMMIGRATION FOR TWO WHOLE YEARS! AMAZING!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.