notmuch88tosay

K1 Fiancee Visa From China Taking 8 Months Instead of 6 Months Now?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello,

I was told by an Immigration Attorney that I spoke with that the K1 Fiancee Visa to bring a Chinese woman to the U.S. now takes 8 months on average instead of the previous 6 months that it used to take. Anyone have experience with this and know if it is true or not?

notmuch88tosay

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Which service center would you be going through?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Which service center would you be going through?

Thanks for your reply.

I am not sure which service center I would be using.

I have not started the process of filing anything yet.

How would I know which service center I would be using?

notmuch88tosay

Your service center depends on what state you live in.

Right now, depending on the service center you're at, just getting an approval of your I-129F can take 5-6 months. After that, consider two weeks to a month to get from the service center to NVC and then to the embassy in your fiance(e)'s country. Then time for them to gather and return the paperwork for 'packet 3' and get an interview (varies by country), plus a week or two to get the visa itself once approved.

So, 8 months isn't actually too far off of an estimate.

In general, don't make any plans assuming it will be x-number of months.

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

Timeline

Right now, depending on the service center you're at, just getting an approval of your I-129F can take 5-6 months. After that, consider two weeks to a month to get from the service center to NVC and then to the embassy in your fiance(e)'s country. Then time for them to gather and return the paperwork for 'packet 3' and get an interview (varies by country), plus a week or two to get the visa itself once approved.

Thanks for the info TwoCats.

I do appreciate it.

Who is the Government employee that I hear that everyone is complaining about? You know their name? We have got to expose the creeps and corruption and fraud at the Government God Consulates and other such places. We are legal law-abiding U.S. citizens paying taxes for the purpose of getting the most important thing in our life screwed up by a bunch of ####### Government God goons?

notmuch88tosay

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Good explanation. I think six months for China would have been optimistic a year ago and eight months is optimistic now. Eight months is certainly possible but only if everything goes smoothly and there are no delays. Better to plan on ten months and be happy if it's faster.

China has a separate delay between leaving NVC and the interview in Guangzhou, so not directly comparable to timelines from other countries.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I was told 9 months at the consulate in Guangzhou back when we were planning to go the k3 route. Welcome to hell.

08-07-10 | I129-F Sent

08-17-10 | NOA1 Received

10-03-10 | Touched

02-03-11 | RFE hardcopy received (AWESOME!!)

03-06-11 | RFE response sent overnight

03-14-11 | USCIS received RFE response

04-04-11 | Contacted senator

04-14-11 | NOA2 Received (241 Days from NOA1 or 7 months, 29 days)

04-22-11 | NVC Sent Package to China

05-16-11 | Guangzhou Consulate received Package from NVC

06-05-11 | P4 Received

06-15-11 | Medical Exam

06-16-11 | Handed in documents to consulate

06-17-11 | Interview Passed

06-23-11 | Visa in hand

06-28-11 | Expected Arrival in New York

08-24-11 | Tied the knot

12-15-11 | Biometrics Taken for AOS

event.png

Timeline

I was told 9 months at the consulate in Guangzhou back when we were planning to go the k3 route. Welcome to hell.

Thanks pushbrk and JiaYou for the info.

Thanks also for the welcome into hell.

Not surprised that miserable Government Gods would make something that is supposed to bring happiness, the most miserable thing ever.

It's obvious that miserable Government God losers get a tingle up their leg each time they can make someone else as miserable as they are.

Because of that, they are of no worth to anyone.

Oh well, live and learn and push on in spite of the creeps and loser Creatures out there.

notmuch88tosay

Initially we were going to file our k1 in China ( I was working in Shanghai at the time) but the lawyer advised us against it because she said they were quite difficult to deal with. I hope the process will be easy for you!

Also, our great lawyer told us that we did not need her and we could file it ourselves, we just need to check on visajourney. She saved us 1500bucks!

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Timeline

Initially we were going to file our k1 in China ( I was working in Shanghai at the time) but the lawyer advised us against it because she said they were quite difficult to deal with. I hope the process will be easy for you!

Also, our great lawyer told us that we did not need her and we could file it ourselves, we just need to check on visajourney. She saved us 1500bucks!

Thanks for the reply messybrownhair,

Where did you end up filing your K1? And did one of you have to be a resident there to do so?

notmuch88tosay

Edited by notmuch88tosay

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.