hazelray

Travel from USA to Mexico

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi VJ's!

Were married in the USA in 2010. She came here on a K1 visa from the Philippines.

We want to go Mexico on vacation for a week. We live in the USA. I have a valid US passport.

My wife has a Philippine passport good till 2015. We are in the process of getting her status

adjusted to permanent US resident.

Can my wife travel from the USA to Mexico on her passport or does she need other documents as well?

If so who do we contact?

Your help is appreciated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

She needs her green card or AP. Do NOT travel without them.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

As this was posted in the Removal of Conditions section, I assume your wife is already living in the US with you and has adjusted status and is now seeking to remove the conditions on her residency. that being the case, then if her Green Card is now expired, make sure you also take the extension letter, (giving an extra year of residency), you should have received within a week or two of submitting your Removal of Conditions application too.

Edited by Darren&Laura

I-129F K-1 Timeline

08/11/07 I-129F package sent to NSC

03/11/08 Interview - APPROVED

03/14/08 K1 Visa Received

03/17/08 Entered USA on Visa

06/04/08 Wedding

I-485 AOS Timeline

07/02/08 I-485 Package sent to Chicago Lockbox with I-765 Employment Application. (Received 5th)

07/11/08 Check cashed

07/10/08 I-797C NOA's sent for both I-485 and I-765 (Received on 15th)

07/17/08 I-797C Biometrics appointment letter sent (Received on 21st)

08/02/08 Biometrics appointment in Denver, Colorado.

09/05/08 EAD Approved

09/09/08 EAD Card Production Ordered

09/10/08 EAD Card issued (Received 15th)

10/24/08 Interview Letter Received

12/08/08 INTERVIEW - APPROVED

12/08/08 2 Year Permanent Resident Card sent, (Received 14th)

I-751 Removal of Conditions Timeline

10/04/10 I-751 Package sent to California Service Center (Delivered 6th Oct. @ 9:25am)

10/06/10 I-751 NOA1 issued, (received 14th Oct.)

11/29/10 Biometrics Appointment (Received letter 8th Nov, dated 1st Nov.)

02/03/11 APPROVED - 10 Year Green-Card production ordered.

02/14/11 10 Year Green card received in mail.

N-400 Application for Naturalization

12-22-17 N-400 package sent in Phoenix Lock Box
12-27-17 Package received at Phoenix Lock Box and I-797 NOA sent to me.
01-17-18 Biometrics Appointment in Denver, CO (I missed this as no appointment letter was received.)
03-22-18 I found out about missed appointment and contacted USCIS to reschedule.
05-20-18 Biometrics appointment. (Biometrics reviewed by USCIS on 05-21-18)
08-30-18 USCIS Naturalization Interview (Notice sent 07-25-18)

Timeline

Hi VJ's!

Were married in the USA in 2010. She came here on a K1 visa from the Philippines.

. We are in the process of getting her status

Is she a permanent resident or not? You have no timeline filled in and you say you are adjusting status yet you posted in the removal of conditions which is 2 years after entry on a k-1 if she came in 2010 how is she removing conditions already?

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Is she a permanent resident or not? You have no timeline filled in and you say you are adjusting status yet you posted in the removal of conditions which is 2 years after entry on a k-1 if she came in 2010 how is she removing conditions already?

Guys please cut him some slack. The OP clearly posted in the wrong forum. Now if your wife doesn't have her green card yet, she most likely won't be allowed back since the k-1 visa is a single entry visa. Once she came to the states, it became invalid/used up so to speak. She has to wait for the case to be adjudicated and get her card in hand before heading for the border. I doubt an AP will even work in her case. Maybe someone who has done it could chime in.

Please do not travel unless you have proper documents to reeneter the country. She would not be able to come back in. Do not take any chances. I am sure you can wait till she gets her conditional green card.

Hi VJ's!

We want to go Mexico on vacation for a week. We live in the USA. I have a valid US passport.

My wife has a Philippine passport good till 2015. We are in the process of getting her status

Can my wife travel from the USA to Mexico on her passport or does she need other documents as well?

If so who do we contact?

Your help is appreciated.

REALESTATE BROKER & MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATOR

STATE OF CALIFORNIA

12fa14f592.png

Timeline

Guys please cut him some slack.

I'm asking the person a question, without proper information how is the help we give going to help the person.

Timeline

Topic moved from "Removal of Conditions" forum to "Workkng & Traveling During US Immigration" forum as the OP is asking about travelling while waiting for his wife's green card.

-----moderator hat off:

When a K-1 beneficiary enters the US on the K-1 visa it is good for a one time entry only. They cannot leave the US and return until they have either a special travel document known as the Advance Parole (AP) or their green card. When you apply for a green card through marriage you can also apply for the Advance Parole using form I-131. There is no charge to file this form either with or after filing the I-485 based upon marriage to a US citizen. The AP is usually approved in about 2 to 3 months while the AOS can take anywhere from 3 months to 2 or more years.

If she does leave the country before she receives either one or the other, she will not be allowed back into the US and you will have to start the whole immigration process all over again with her back in the Philippines. This time, however, you would be applying for a spouse visa called a CR-1.

So, as much as you and she would like to visit Mexico now, put off any travelling outside of the US until your wife receives either the AP or her green card. There are lots of new and interesting places for her to see inside the US until then - the Florida Keys are usually nice and warm this time of year! -, so I am sure you will find somewhere interesting to visit while you wait.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.