Gav & Jackie

Former student: Need some advice

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hello everyone. I recently got engaged over Christmas and have now embarked upon the K-1 application journey with my fiancee. I am confident that I know all the forms that we need to complete the initial I-129F packet (thanks to this site and forum) but I did have a question about filling out the G-325a which I will detail below.

I was in the USA on a student visa from Aug 2005- Aug 2009 and as such I was hoping someone could give me some insight into the following:

1) Should I input the temporary SSN# I was issued to allow me to work on campus?

2) Should I include my on-campus employment under "Applicant's employment last five years" or just stick to what I have done in my home country (United Kingdom)?

3) Should I include my on-campus address under "Applicant's residence past five years" or only use my places of permanent residence in the UK?

Any help that can be offered in regards to these questions would be a big help and greatly appreciated.

K-1 Visa

02-14-2011 : I-129F Sent

02-18-2011 : I-129F NOA1

06-15-2011 : I-129F NOA

06-30-2011 : NVC Received

07-04-2011 : Consulate Received

07-07-2011 : Packet 3 Received

08-10-2011 : Packet 3 Sent

08-18-2011 : Medical Completed

09-24-2011 : Packet 4 Received

10-14-2011 : Interview Date / Visa Approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello everyone. I recently got engaged over Christmas and have now embarked upon the K-1 application journey with my fiancee. I am confident that I know all the forms that we need to complete the initial I-129F packet (thanks to this site and forum) but I did have a question about filling out the G-325a which I will detail below.

I was in the USA on a student visa from Aug 2005- Aug 2009 and as such I was hoping someone could give me some insight into the following:

1) Should I input the temporary SSN# I was issued to allow me to work on campus?

2) Should I include my on-campus employment under "Applicant's employment last five years" or just stick to what I have done in my home country (United Kingdom)?

3) Should I include my on-campus address under "Applicant's residence past five years" or only use my places of permanent residence in the UK?

Any help that can be offered in regards to these questions would be a big help and greatly appreciated.

Once you get an SSN it is for life . That is your number for always. They don't give temporary SSN. AS far as I know you should put all past employment and residence no matter where it was.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

You SS# is yours for life, so yes put that on the form. Yes list your campus employment. As far as your address, perhaps someone with this situation could give you more guidance than I since I did not have this situation.

James and Oksana

event.png

Traveled to Novosibirsk, Russia (thats in Siberia) over holidays

Engaged on ----------------- New Years

Send I-129F package ---- 1/15/2011

Package Received -------- 1/18/2011 10:13 AM signed for by J BRADSHAW

NOA1---------------------------1/20/2011

E-Notification of NOA1---- 1/24/2011 1:09 AM & check cashed, sent to CSC

Hard Copy NOA1------------1/27/2011

Surprise Visit Fiancée-----4/12/2011 - 4/18/2011 (see picture as she was shocked!)

NOA2---------------------------5/11/2011

Birthday Visit------------------5/18/2011 - 5/25/2011

VISA APPROVED!!!----------7/13/2011

Yes to all three. Follow instructions literally. They want where you have lived for the past 5 years. You lived in the US for a part of the last 5 years.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Thank you for the help.

K-1 Visa

02-14-2011 : I-129F Sent

02-18-2011 : I-129F NOA1

06-15-2011 : I-129F NOA

06-30-2011 : NVC Received

07-04-2011 : Consulate Received

07-07-2011 : Packet 3 Received

08-10-2011 : Packet 3 Sent

08-18-2011 : Medical Completed

09-24-2011 : Packet 4 Received

10-14-2011 : Interview Date / Visa Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.