coraliesolms

Job Interview

83 posts in this topic

Well, I dont know why Im posting this here. I just need to get it out of my system I guess.

I applied for a job that is in my industry (jewelry) however, I could potentially make 7x what Im making now (YIKES) plus benefits and paid for relocation.. I called the recruiter for the job, and he gave me an impromptu phone interview and told me to read more about the company and its policies, and then call him back the next day. After researching the company I was VERY excited and called him back. We spoke for about 20 min and then he said that he would be forewarding the owner my resume (this was friday). I emailed my resume to him and called him on Sat morning to ask if he had got it and he said that he had, and he would give it to the owner today (Mon) and I should hear back from him by Wednesday. If the owner likes what he sees he will fly me out to Nashville for a face to face interview and then make a decision from there.

Well gosh darn it, this wait is KILLING ME!! Its almost as bad as immigrating!

So now for my question... Do you think if I haven't heard anything by Wednesday I should call and see if the position has been filled, or should I just sit tight and assume that if I haven't heard from them by the end of the week, I am no longer being considered...? :wacko:

Im pulling my hair out here!

Also, I think they will do a credit check, the fact that I am an immigrant to the USA means I have like ZERO credit. Will they be able to check my Canadian credit score (not so good..)?

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you don't hear on Wednesday call on Thursday morning.

I'm in the same sort of spot as you, I been looking for a job since DEC 2009 and not found anything. Last week a job popped up on NEWORKS and it is pretty darn close to my dream job, I sent an online app and an email with cover paragraph and resume attachment. They called me a week later and booked a phone interview with me. I had the phone interview last Friday 16 min interview. I'm not sure how it went, everything seemed good and they said they would contact me this week sometime. I'm VERY qualified for the job, more than what they are requiring. Pins and needles until they call me this week lol!!!

I will be calling the place on Friday if they don't call me during this week.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

ARG.. its sooo frustrating. I shouldn't be so panicked, because I do have a job. The pay just stinks. The one Ive applied for is a very high end jewelry store and Im pretty sure Im qualified. I just couldnt gleen any info off the phone interview that I had.. the guy had a freakin poker voice!

I will call on Thurs if I dont hear anything.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Inky!!

Invictus..

William Ernest Henley

Timeline

Ty keepin mine crossed for you too! My interview was the same I had 2 people on the phone talking to me but I couldn't tell anything really. Told my husband how it went and my answers to their questions he said it sounded like I did well. But I dunno! lol. Iv never done a phone interview before in my life.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

If I were in yer shoes - I'd call the recruiter asap and chit chat about 'normal process for hiring with that company', then 'some idea of specific turn-around time for the position you've applied for'.

Talking with a recruiter doesn't interrupt the process that the COMPANY is doing, usually.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Me either!!! Its always been face to face, and usually I can tell when I walk out how I did. Im driving my hubby crazy with all my fretting! Of course I cant tell anyone else in town, because I dont want my current employers to know that Im looking around. Grrr...

Anyway, lemme know how yours goes ok!

Invictus..

William Ernest Henley

If I were in yer shoes - I'd call the recruiter asap and chit chat about 'normal process for hiring with that company', then 'some idea of specific turn-around time for the position you've applied for'.

Talking with a recruiter doesn't interrupt the process that the COMPANY is doing, usually.

See, I thought about that. The thing is, is the "recruiter" is actually employed there. He has to leave because he is moving across country for family reasons. His boss (the owner) told him to find his own replacement and then foreward the resume's to him. So, I think its kinda good news that he decided to put mine foreward, because he wouldnt want to ruin his own reputation by putting someone thats not qualified up, but I dont know. I hope he wasnt blowing smoke when he told me he'd foreward it either.

Invictus..

William Ernest Henley

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Still call and follow up. Think about it. Would you rather hire someone who just sits around waiting for stuff to come to them, or would you want someone who has a "can-do" attitude and makes sure to follow up so things don't slip through the cracks? Of course, I wouldn't want to hire someone who called me twice a day to check in, but calling the day after you were told to expect a follow-up is perfectly reasonable. If you have his email, I'd send him an email the day after you call as well.

Thank you for all the great advice. I got an email today telling me he will be calling me tomorrow. Cross your fingers pleeeeaaasseeee!

Invictus..

William Ernest Henley

Timeline

Good luck! I hope you get it! If a credit check is a problem tell him he can do the check with the Canadian equivalents of the US credit reporters - he will need your Canadian S.I.N. to do so. You can certainly explain the situation that credit doesn't normally transfer to the US but it should be accessible from the US for those who are willing to look it up.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Best of luck to you! I know how nerve wrecking the whole thing is, I just finally got an offer today after almost a year of looking. Just have to wait on the background check to come through for the whole thing to be finalized. Thanks for the tip about the Canadian credit check Kathryn, thats a great idea!

I'm crossing my fingers for you Coralie and Inky!

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Best of luck to you! I know how nerve wrecking the whole thing is, I just finally got an offer today after almost a year of looking. Just have to wait on the background check to come through for the whole thing to be finalized. Thanks for the tip about the Canadian credit check Kathryn, thats a great idea!

I'm crossing my fingers for you Coralie and Inky!

Grats!! I think we all seem to be looking forever.... 3 months of loooking

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats! I hope you hear good news!

Now if only Mathew had some good luck in the job search. 5 months of looking and counting...

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

I might have finally found a job after a year of looking!

I just got called today for a second interview with the Clinic i'm so excited!

Feb 1st is my interview date!

Gonna bring an extra resume, as well as a sheet with my references listed on it in case they ask for that. Ill have to find something nice to wear but I don't want to over dress either! lol

Timeline

I might have finally found a job after a year of looking!

I just got called today for a second interview with the Clinic i'm so excited!

Feb 1st is my interview date!

Gonna bring an extra resume, as well as a sheet with my references listed on it in case they ask for that. Ill have to find something nice to wear but I don't want to over dress either! lol

That's great, good luck! good.gif

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.