florinaRO

Consulate requirements for K1 interview in Romania

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Apparently I have a long wait for my NOA2 but I've heard we can speed up the process, at least between receiving the NOA2 and the interview by having all the docs they will require ahead of time and by picking the envelopes directly at the embassy instead of being mailed. For Romania, is that true we will need:

• medical check
  • vaccines proofs
  • security clearance in every city I used to live ( is that "cazier") ?

Please correct me if I am wrong !

event.png

Apparently I have a long wait for my NOA2 but I've heard we can speed up the process, at least between receiving the NOA2 and the interview by having all the docs they will require ahead of time and by picking the envelopes directly at the embassy instead of being mailed. For Romania, is that true we will need:

• medical check
  • vaccines proofs
  • security clearance in every city I used to live ( is that "cazier") ?

Please correct me if I am wrong !

Yes, you need to go to one of the 3 medical centers approved by the US Embassy:

1. Mrs Mara Toma

Unirea Medical Center(They changed their address)

Address: Costache Negri nr. 1-5, Bucharest

Phone number: (004) 021 318 7740

Mobile: (004) 0724 299 331, (004) 0743 439 612

2. Mrs Felicia Titeica

Colentina Hospital - Clinica de Neurologie, Etaj 1

Address: Soseaua Stefan cel Mare nr. 21, Sector 2, Bucharest

Phone number: (004) 021 318 0600

3. Bio-Medica International

Address: Calea Floreasca nr. 111-113, Sector 1, Bucharest

Phone numbers: (004) 021 311 7793, (004) 021 311 7794, (004) 021 311 7795

You will receive the medical exam results in a sealed envelope that you should NOT open and will take with you at the interview!

The needed forms are (if I remember well):

I-134 affidavit of support filled out and signed by the US citizen

I-156 (2 copies)

I-156K

You should not sign these, as you will be asked to sign in front of the consular officer.

DS-230

You need to get a police clearance from every city you lived in (since you were 16 years old) for at least 1 year. The clearances are usually given the same day and the tax is 10 lei (+ 2 lei if you pay through the post office).

You should also have:

- a renewed letter from your fiance stating that he will marry you within 90 days (the same letter he submitted to USCIS when you guys applied, but dated closer to the interview)

- your birth certificate (and copy)

- passport style photos

- any divorce papers (yours and/or your fiance's)

- copy of the NOA2

- copy of the file you guys submitted - I129f etc. (I didn't need it, but it's good to have it)

- lots of proofs of relationship

Good luck!

Our Love Story's 1st page: June 15, 2008

K 1: 98 days!
May 11 - August 17, 2010 APPROVED!!!
POE: September 14, 2010 Chicago, IL
Wedding Day: September 22, 2010

AOS from K1: 96 days!
November 19, 2010 - February 24, 2011 APPROVED!!!
November 19, 2010: AOS, EAD & AP applications mailed
December 20, 2010: Biometrics (day 31)
January 18, 2011: case transfered to CSC (day 60)
February 10, 2011: EAD & AP approved! (day 83)
February 24, 2011: GC production ordered! (day 96)

Removing conditions: 5 months and 30 days!
December 6, 2012: package mailed
December 10, 2012: NOA 1 (day 4)

June, 5, 2013: APPROVED!!!

June, 10 2013: 10 yr GC received

event.png

an1cHsW0g410610MjAwMTU1bHwyNTY0MzkxbGF8d

oh and you'll have to have all the supporting docs for I-134 (letter from employer stating the salary etc, copy of the last 2-3 tax returns, bank statements and so on)...but you'll only need to bring them with you at the interview.

P.S: police clearance is indeed "cazier"

Edited by HappyRs

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

moving thread to:

US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

This is the place to post your experiences or questions related to this last step before moving to the US. Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here.

YMMV

Timeline

How about the vaccination list ? Is that really required , I haven't seen it in ur reply and if "yes" that means :

1. a copy of the "fisa de vaccinari"
  2. AND(?) "adeverinta de la medicul de familie"

I have some issues with that bcz of the very "organized" romanian medical system.

PS I keep writing in english bcz my fiance reads these too and he doesn't speak a word in romanian!

Ooooops : And apparently I didn't post in the correct section of the forum :blush:

Thx so very much !!!

event.png

How about the vaccination list ? Is that really required , I haven't seen it in ur reply and if "yes" that means :

1. a copy of the "fisa de vaccinari"
  2. AND(?) "adeverinta de la medicul de familie"

I have some issues with that bcz of the very "organized" romanian medical system.

PS I keep writing in english bcz my fiance reads these too and he doesn't speak a word in romanian!

Ooooops : And apparently I didn't post in the correct section of the forum :blush:

Thx so very much !!!

Actually, the rules of VJ say that we have to write in English (except on the regional forum, the "Hello Romania" forum)...so you're fine :P....and I am glad your fiance is involved in this too.

Before you go for your medical exam you need to pay a visit to your family doctor to get your record of vaccinations (ever since you were a baby), "fisa de vaccinari". Your doctor should also give you a letter attesting that you are clinically healthy ("adeverinta" you are talking about). You will take them with you at tthe medical exam where you will be anounced whether there are any more vaccinations you need. I only needed Tdp (anti-tetanos) because we're supposed to get one every 10 years. Depending on your age, the doctor might try to convince you need anti-HPV (anti human papilloma virus imunization...but you DON'T need it anymore, so decline it; the doctors will try to get more money from you by sending you to dermatology if you have moles or telling you you need vaccinations that you don't. Make sure you do your homework, download the list of needed vaccinations for immigration - you can find it if you google it).

Best of luck!

event.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much HappyRs, that was a very detailed and helpful "TO DO" list ! I have everything ready ... except NOA2 !

Best of luck and speedy approval!

event.png

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone,

I am a Romanian citizen waiting to go back to the US on a K1 visa. We received the NOA2 two days ago and now I am working on the next step. As I am waiting to receive packet 3 from the Consulate, I would like to ask you about the police clearances.

1. I was a student in Hungary for almost 9 months. Do I need a police clearance from the city where I studied?

2. I was a student in Bucharest for 4 years. Do I need a police clearance from Bucharest?

I read this message posted on VJ on January 24 2011

- "You need to get a police clearance from every city you lived in (since you were 16 years old) for at least 1 year. The clearances are usually given the same day and the tax is 10 lei (+ 2 lei if you pay through the post office)"

and this is what is written on the travel.state.gov website

- "Police certificates from your present country of residence and all countries where you have lived for 6 months or more since age 16 (Police certificates are also required for accompanying children age 16 or older)".

Do you know which one applies to me? Any comments are appreciated.

Thank you.

• 2 years later...
Timeline

oh and you'll have to have all the supporting docs for I-134 (letter from employer stating the salary etc, copy of the last 2-3 tax returns, bank statements and so on)...but you'll only need to bring them with you at the interview.

P.S: police clearance is indeed "cazier"

I have a question about the Affidavit of Support and supporting documentation (letters from employers, tax returns etc). Does my American have to send me all this by mail so that I have the originals with me on the interview date or is it ok if he just scans everything and emails it to me and I print it out?

Please advise and Merry Christmas everyone!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

I have a question about the Affidavit of Support and supporting documentation (letters from employers, tax returns etc). Does my American have to send me all this by mail so that I have the originals with me on the interview date or is it ok if he just scans everything and emails it to me and I print it out?

Please advise and Merry Christmas everyone!

Hello,

as I know the TAX Return must be original, but the rest of them I don't know. I will use scan documents, I hope it will be fine....

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline

I just had my interview yesterday and it all went smoothly. The consular officer didnt take more than I'd say about a minute before dropping the good news on me "Congratulations, you just got the visa, have a happy life" wooooot. He just asked me where my fiance works, for how long we've known each other and then he made me swear that everything I say and that all the documents I have reflect the truth to the best of my knowledge and that was that.

Oh, they did give me my birth certificate back and all the proof of relationship (email conversations, photos, plane tickets etc), and my X-ray but they didnt give me back my police record.

So, I have a question : will I need to get another police record to have it with me when I enter the USA? ( I only made one copy of the previous police record and I gave it to them as well along with the original)

Also, what else do I need to have with me when I enter the USA? Because I dont have any other documents left, except the documents with the proof of relationship, birth certificate, X-ray and vaccination records?! Are they going to ask for something else? I was reading somewhere else something about a sealed envelope that I have to handle to the Immigration officers when I enter the USa? What sealed envelope, I dont have any?

Also, how long does it usually take before I can go pick up my passport with visa from TNT? The consular officer told me at the end of the interview that I can go pick it up in about 4 days (4 days would be Friday). Could it possibly take any longer than that? The reason I'm asking is because I'm not from Bucharest and am kinda pressed to return home as soon as possible because of some business

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I just had my interview yesterday and it all went smoothly. The consular officer didnt take more than I'd say about a minute before dropping the good news on me "Congratulations, you just got the visa, have a happy life" wooooot. He just asked me where my fiance works, for how long we've known each other and then he made me swear that everything I say and that all the documents I have reflect the truth to the best of my knowledge and that was that.

Oh, they did give me my birth certificate back and all the proof of relationship (email conversations, photos, plane tickets etc), and my X-ray but they didnt give me back my police record.

So, I have a question : will I need to get another police record to have it with me when I enter the USA? ( I only made one copy of the previous police record and I gave it to them as well along with the original)

Also, what else do I need to have with me when I enter the USA? Because I dont have any other documents left, except the documents with the proof of relationship, birth certificate, X-ray and vaccination records?! Are they going to ask for something else? I was reading somewhere else something about a sealed envelope that I have to handle to the Immigration officers when I enter the USa? What sealed envelope, I dont have any?

Also, how long does it usually take before I can go pick up my passport with visa from TNT? The consular officer told me at the end of the interview that I can go pick it up in about 4 days (4 days would be Friday). Could it possibly take any longer than that? The reason I'm asking is because I'm not from Bucharest and am kinda pressed to return home as soon as possible because of some business

Thanks

Congratulations on your visa approvaldancin5hr.gif

As far as I know, you won't need your police record here. They kept the police record and it will go on the sealed envelope that you have to give at the first airport in the USA. So, USCIS will have it from there on.

In order for you to enter the USA you'll need the visa in the passport and the sealed envelope. The envelope you'll receive it when you go pick up your passport with the visa. The envelope will have one corner cut, so no need to worry about that.

Usually, it takes 2 business days to get your passport from TNT from the time of your interview. That's how it was for me. If the CO told you 4 days, then they must have changed it...but you can call your TNT local office to see if they have it earlier. Here's the link of the TNT locations: http://www.tnt.com/express/ro_ro/site/home/support/oficii_tnt_romania.html

Good luck and congrats once again :)

I'm the Beneficiary
N400 April 2017 fillers: https://goo.gl/cp2Uxz
Support group for Romanian-American couples--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/520291304693940/

Timeline

Congratulations on your visa approvaldancin5hr.gif

As far as I know, you won't need your police record here. They kept the police record and it will go on the sealed envelope that you have to give at the first airport in the USA. So, USCIS will have it from there on.

In order for you to enter the USA you'll need the visa in the passport and the sealed envelope. The envelope you'll receive it when you go pick up your passport with the visa. The envelope will have one corner cut, so no need to worry about that.

Usually, it takes 2 business days to get your passport from TNT from the time of your interview. That's how it was for me. If the CO told you 4 days, then they must have changed it...but you can call your TNT local office to see if they have it earlier. Here's the link of the TNT locations: http://www.tnt.com/express/ro_ro/site/home/support/oficii_tnt_romania.html

Good luck and congrats once again smile.png

Thanks Cazzers! Everything is much clearer now :) and yes, earlier today I received a text message from TNT announcing me that my passport is ready and that I can already go pick it up from their office. Yay! (this is indeed, just 2 days from when I had my interview)

Thank you very much and good luck to you, as well! ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.