1HappyGuy

Another bombing in Moscow

67 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm sure plenty of American/UK companies profitted from contracting jobs. Just follow the money....

Getting payback sounded good after 9-11 but now, I'm seeing how stupid it was. I'm all for flattening and reducing them to a pile of rubble. Ain't on board with having to clear out those rubbles and building them modern buildings. How does this benefit us again? Who's footing the bill? :blink:

Edited by sea-monkey

I'm sure plenty of American/UK companies profitted from contracting jobs. Just follow the money....

Getting payback sounded good after 9-11 but now, I'm seeing how stupid it was. I'm all for flattening and reducing them to a pile of rubble. Ain't on board with having to clear out those rubbles and building them modern buildings. How does this benefit us again? Who's footing the bill? :blink:

Not only that, but we're spending about $80 Billion a month to fight roughly 350 guys.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Benefit us? You and me? Are you kidding? You think the crooks and bozos who managed to get us into this war and who bungle things to keep us there do it for US? Look where they get campaign money to get elected and then get cushy consulting jobs for themselves and family after 'retirement'!

You are absolutely right, just FOLLOW THE MONEY!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

From what I've read, American companies profitted very little from Iraqi oil. Mostly it was other countries (Russia included) that got the best contracts through an open auction process. I think it is more about the long-term strategy of trying to provide a stable Middle East than about oil. Of course the USA looks out for its interests...the same as pretty much every other country in the world...show me one that doesn't! Same goes for companies...they are out to make money! That's their job! Yes there's plenty of greed in them...but isn't that human nature? I haven't really seen any group of people that seem to be less greedy than any other...it all comes down to what they can get away with. But I digress....back to the original point. I think the USA has LOST a lot more fighting various wars around the world than it ever could have made via exploiting conquered resources. Same goes for all the foreign aid we give away. It's for strategic stability rather than corrupt profits. Just my opinion but I've never seen clear evidence otherwise. To my knowledge, the USA is still the only country in the world to conquer its (and other people's enemies) and not keep the spoils, instead rebuilding, etc.

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

From what I've read, American companies profitted very little from Iraqi oil. Mostly it was other countries (Russia included) that got the best contracts through an open auction process. I think it is more about the long-term strategy of trying to provide a stable Middle East than about oil. Of course the USA looks out for its interests...the same as pretty much every other country in the world...show me one that doesn't! Same goes for companies...they are out to make money! That's their job! Yes there's plenty of greed in them...but isn't that human nature? I haven't really seen any group of people that seem to be less greedy than any other...it all comes down to what they can get away with. But I digress....back to the original point. I think the USA has LOST a lot more fighting various wars around the world than it ever could have made via exploiting conquered resources. Same goes for all the foreign aid we give away. It's for strategic stability rather than corrupt profits. Just my opinion but I've never seen clear evidence otherwise. To my knowledge, the USA is still the only country in the world to conquer its (and other people's enemies) and not keep the spoils, instead rebuilding, etc.

Iraq is more unstable now then before we invaded it. And yes the gas in Iraq is headed for Europe. European and US oil company's already have contracts there.

And as far as the US profiting. The US tax payer never profits from government bs. US fat cats do, but not the average Joe.

Let's see about those profits...and all on the US tax payers dime I might add.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9HM532G3.htm

"Halliburton gets letter of intent for Iraq oil (Shell Oil)"

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2010/08/31/halliburton-wins-eni-contract-iraq/

"Halliburton wins Eni contract in Iraq"

http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2010/jun/09/arianna-huffington/halliburton-kbr-and-iraq-war-contracting-history-s/

"Halliburton, KBR, and Iraq war contracting: A history so far"

http://www.halliburtonwatch.org/

"HALLIBURTON WATCH"

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Most likely this is just one of those differences of opinion colored by ones political views. I looked at a few of the articles above and saw that Haliburton won some contracts. To me that makes sense as they are a corporation and their job is to do work. I don't see anything wrong with that. The last link just looks like Haliburton witch hunt ####### that doesn't look credible trying to blame them for everything wrong in the world...they caused the big gulf oil spill?!? I'm surprised BP hasn't run with that if that's the case since they are footing a several billion dollar cleanup bill. Reminds of 9/11 conspiracy crazies who are convinced the US government was behind the 9/11 attacks. I just don't buy that kind of stuff. There's always corruption/dealing in every corportation/government to be sure. But whether or not THAT's the main reason for our wars is a whole 'nother story...I just don't buy it. Thanks for the links though...I'll give em a deeper look when I get a chance.

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Simply put, we're surrounding Iran.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.