^_^

Suicide bomber kills 31 at Russian airport

39 posts in this topic

I know that you are right.

Be careful, this is starting to become a trend! As long as the others don't see what you posted you should be OK.

But it always is easier in theory. It is hard to do something involving my fiancee and her two children that seems to put them in any avoidable danger. But I also refuse to be 'terrorized' and that creates a dilemma. I guess one must somehow rationalize that the danger is actually low, which it probably is with the huge number of russian military I am expecting to see there. So maybe we will get out to see all the sights. Moscow in winter! I am still looking forward to it but now with some anxiety mixed in!

There is no "avoidable" threat from terrorism.

By it's very nature you can't be somewhere where a terrorist can't strike. You can make it harder, reduce the probability, etc., but you can't ever reduce to nil the threat from terrrorism. The most effective way, however, is to simply go on about your daily life since the vast majority of people on this earth are, indeed, unthreatend by terrorism.

The simple fact is terrorists just aren't dangerous. We think of all this death and carnage and how horrible this incident was. More bums died in the snow this winter.

So an incident happened at Domodedevo and you're going there Friday? I went there back in '05 and I can tell you, without a doubt, you're in LESS danger now than I was then. It's not because there are military and police everywhere, it's because the incident countdown timer has just been reset to zero again.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One would think that Russia being so friendly to Iran would give them a pass by the religion of peace.whistling.gifu

They haven't forgotten that whole Afghanistan thing.... or the daily occurances in and around Chechnya. Or the mass-murders back in the day.

Keep in mind, Muslim alliance typically go to he highest bidder.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Looks like the religion of peace has made the headlines again. Does anyone see a pattern going on here?

They're still in denial.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

They're still in denial.

I'm not so sure you can attribute this to being primarily a religiously based conflict. What I have heard seems to suggest more of a political/ethnic basis for their stated grievances. It was interesting to me to visit my fiancee in Kazan several times. Kazan has a population of around 1.5 million and is about evenly divided between christian and muslim. The city is over 1000 years old. They have never had sectarian conflict there from what I have heard. This is not all that far from the Caucasus region, either. It was impressive seeing incredibly beautiful mosques adjacent to beautiful old eastern orthodox churches, even inside the Kazan Kremlin (fort). I think a lot of political conflict takes on a religious overtone more as a justification for mutual aggression rather than as a real basis for antagonism.

I'm not so sure you can attribute this to being primarily a religiously based conflict. What I have heard seems to suggest more of a political/ethnic basis for their stated grievances.

LOL ??? Were you just making a funny[/] there ? It's called occupation. Seeing how your marrying a Russian, you might want to learn a bit more about your future wifes country's history. Russia has a history of invading, occupying, and repressing it's neighbors...usually in the form of brutal Russification.

Here' something to think on...; What if another country invaded the USA and then proceeded to occupy it by brutal methods ? That's what has and is happening in Chechnya thanks to Russia.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

LOL ??? Were you just making a funny[/] there ? It's called occupation. Seeing how your marrying a Russian, you might want to learn a bit more about your future wifes country's history. Russia has a history of invading, occupying, and repressing it's neighbors...usually in the form of brutal Russification.

Here' something to think on...; What if another country invaded the USA and then proceeded to occupy it by brutal methods ? That's what has and is happening in Chechnya thanks to Russia.

Like I said, this is a political/ethnic conflict. What is funny about what I said? :unsure:

Like I said, this is a political/ethnic conflict. What is funny about what I said? :unsure:

No. It's called illegal occupation.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

FWIW, there are some who might accuse the US of the same in the southwest of our country. I don't, but it is not all exactly black and white for us and I suspect not for that conflict either. I would much rather be involved with our government's 'aggression' than Russia's, but it is wise to keep in mind that there are many points of view involved here.

Timeline

No. It's called illegal occupation.

Which I would place in the category of political/ethnic as opposed to religious as a basis for conflict!

I think our difference of opinion has more to do with semantics than any real substance!

Timeline

Seeing how your marrying a Russian, you might want to learn a bit more about your future wifes country's history. Russia has a history of invading, occupying, and repressing it's neighbors...usually in the form of brutal Russification.

On a lighter note, maybe I am in for some brutal russification myself? :rofl:

Which I would place in the category of political/ethnic as opposed to religious as a basis for conflict!

I think our difference of opinion has more to do with semantics than any real substance!

Political and ethnic is what is happening in Lebanon, Iraq, and dozens of other country's by it's indigenous inhabitants. What has happened in Chechnya is that it was invaded, not once, but three times in the last 25 years by Russia..this last time leading to occupation.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/occupation <--- Try #'s 6 and 7 on there.

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

Political and ethnic is what is happening in Lebanon, Iraq, and dozens of other country's by it's indigenous inhabitants. What has happened in Chechnya is that it was invaded, not once, but three times in the last 25 years by Russia..this last time leading to occupation.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/occupation <--- Try #'s 6 and 7 on there.

But we do agree it is NOT based on religion? That was the point I was making.

But we do agree it is NOT based on religion? That was the point I was making.

It's based on the fact Russia invaded and then proceeded to occupy Chechnya...and all for a gas pipeline...well that and it gave Tsar Putin a big woody and helped put him where his is today...Tsar of the brainwashed Russians. He even used Breslin to his advantage. But Russians love him for the fact Russians aren't content unless they have a brutal totalitarian leader.

sigbet.jpg