Samu and JoJo

Last Minute Mistake on G-325A

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I JUST sent out my petition today...I read the instructions...I had people help me and I typed out everything so that it would be unmistakably read. Only one issue...I filled out all the right information on the WRONG form and didn't realize it till it was too late </3 ...I got home from work today and wanted to make sure that all my worries could be put to rest after checking all the things I sent out. It turns out that I downloaded G-325 instead of G-325A...the forms look exactly alike except for their names. Now I have sent in a Fiancee Visa petition with 2 G-325 forms with Passport photos...I'm thinking that maybe I will be able to intercept the files in the mail if I contact the postal service before it is too late xp <3 problem is they are closed on Sundays, and I will not be able to do anything about this mistake until Monday...what is even more disappointing is the rumors I am hearing about the USCIS...my parents advice me to call the immigration services and inform them directly about my mistake and ask for them to hold my form until i send in the G-325A...but for some reason I don't believe that will work. Any words of advice? Maybe some words of hope? ._.' <3

"Love is patient..."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I googled about this and found a forum that talked about it. This is what it says:

"The only difference between the G-325 and the G-325A is the number of copies in the printed carbon set -- before the advent of computer forms, if we ran out of G-325A's, we would use G-325 plus two photocopies [all four with original signatures] and never had a problem."

- and -

"There are subtle differences in the bottom block portions of each page on the G-325A. The third page says "C" and the fourth says "Consulate". Not that anyone notices anymore, I don't think -- certainly not the consular posts, who now look at scanned images anyway.

The G-325 (without the "A") has only the A-file and "Branch" copies. "Branch" means the FBI, and the FBI has for some time been receiving G-325A information electronically."

Now this is from an old forum when the G-325A used to be four copies. The G-325A is now only one copy so based on the above it would appear the G-325 and G-325A are identical.

If you want to try and intercept the mail you can certainly try, but where is your evidence that it's YOUR mail? It's not addressed to you.. you might run into trouble there. Your packet will NOT be denied because of it. You might get an RFE for the forms, you packet might get rejected (i.e. sent back to you with the cheque) at which time you re-send the docs with the correct forms.

If it makes you feel better, get your fiancee to send you her's filled out and signed on the right form in case you get an RFE OR she can just keep it and take it to her interview (and take your G-325A with her then) but honestly, I wouldn't worry about it.

p.s. I inspected the differences and here they are:

The G-325A has

- extra line for the "employment" section

- "former husband and wives section contains -- family name, first name, date of birth, date and place of marriage, date and place of termination of marriage

The G-325 has

- one less line in "employment" section

- "former husband and wives section contains -- family name, first name, date of birth, city and country of birth, date of termination of marriage, place of termination of marriage

The form OMB number is the same on both forms and the differences seem negligible so personally, as I said above, I wouldn't worry about it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I googled about this and found a forum that talked about it. This is what it says:

"The only difference between the G-325 and the G-325A is the number of copies in the printed carbon set -- before the advent of computer forms, if we ran out of G-325A's, we would use G-325 plus two photocopies [all four with original signatures] and never had a problem."

- and -

"There are subtle differences in the bottom block portions of each page on the G-325A. The third page says "C" and the fourth says "Consulate". Not that anyone notices anymore, I don't think -- certainly not the consular posts, who now look at scanned images anyway.

The G-325 (without the "A") has only the A-file and "Branch" copies. "Branch" means the FBI, and the FBI has for some time been receiving G-325A information electronically."

Now this is from an old forum when the G-325A used to be four copies. The G-325A is now only one copy so based on the above it would appear the G-325 and G-325A are identical.

If you want to try and intercept the mail you can certainly try, but where is your evidence that it's YOUR mail? It's not addressed to you.. you might run into trouble there. Your packet will NOT be denied because of it. You might get an RFE for the forms, you packet might get rejected (i.e. sent back to you with the cheque) at which time you re-send the docs with the correct forms.

If it makes you feel better, get your fiancee to send you her's filled out and signed on the right form in case you get an RFE OR she can just keep it and take it to her interview (and take your G-325A with her then) but honestly, I wouldn't worry about it.

p.s. I inspected the differences and here they are:

The G-325A has

- extra line for the "employment" section

- "former husband and wives section contains -- family name, first name, date of birth, date and place of marriage, date and place of termination of marriage

The G-325 has

- one less line in "employment" section

- "former husband and wives section contains -- family name, first name, date of birth, city and country of birth, date of termination of marriage, place of termination of marriage

The form OMB number is the same on both forms and the differences seem negligible so personally, as I said above, I wouldn't worry about it.

Thank you so much for your help xp <3 I was up late last night reading about it as well, It's rather likely that they will send me the files back, sadly that is what I am afraid of, but there isn't much I can do about the mistake right now. I'm hoping that if they do have to send it back, they send it back to me promptly and soon...so I'm not waiting months thinking it's pending when it isn't.

I will have the correct forms ready to be sent if they do give me an RFE...

thanks again.

"Love is patient..."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.