KittyPollitt

The hoping not to be denied at Casablanca thread

753 posts in this topic

That's the plan.. Damn I really hope they're not gonna flip on us and I have to go mental on Blvd Moulay Youssef. Because I'm at a point now where I have cab fare, and I'm not sure I can control my actions.. you know? :girlwerewolf2xn:

Hang in there Sarah...No going mental on BMY! That will just give them a reason to reverse things!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Visas issued by Casa in 2009: K1 = 232 K2 = 3 K3 = 140 K4 = 3

link

Wow. Pakistan and Afghanistan give out more fiance visas than Casablanca. I guess keeping Moroccan men from sending money home from the US is a HUGE priority for DHS! (no offense to ppl with SO's from Pakistan and Afghanistan, but we all know the madness going on over there, I'd just think they'd be more wary of issuing visas to men in warzones than to Moroccan men in tea salons, IMHO) And did you check out the Philippines!? 5,445 K1's! That's 15 K1's a day, 365 days a year! Go Manila!

Edited by squeaky580

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Seriously! That is crazy to look at and think about. I was surprised that Nigeria has so many. I know it's a large country so perhaps compared to the number of applicants the number getting through is still quite small, but you always hear anecdotally that the highest fraud consulate in the world is Nigeria and it's still kicking Morocco's butt. ;)

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Wow. Pakistan and Afghanistan give out more fiance visas than Casablanca. I guess keeping Moroccan men from sending money home from the US is a HUGE priority for DHS! (no offense to ppl with SO's from Pakistan and Afghanistan, but we all know the madness going on over there, I'd just think they'd be more wary of issuing visas to men in warzones than to Moroccan men in tea salons, IMHO) And did you check out the Philippines!? 5,445 K1's! That's 15 K1's a day, 365 days a year! Go Manila!

This is my thought - I wonder how many paki/afghani K1 relationships are started on the internet? Unlike the Moroccan K1's where we know a vast majority begin online, I think that most of the K1s might come from arranged betrothals to people in the States. Based on the warning statement that is posted on the US Embassy's website for Morocco, I have a feeling that the State Department looks at online love affairs as having a higher propensity of fraud. :unsure:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Excellent observation. I have noticed on VJ that the majority of visas coming out of Pakistan are not internet relationships and are most likely arranged in some way. The ones that are internet relationships seem to get denied or have very long AP/AR. I haven't seen too many Afghani beneficiaries on VJ but I'm probably just not noticing them.

This is my thought - I wonder how many paki/afghani K1 relationships are started on the internet? Unlike the Moroccan K1's where we know a vast majority begin online, I think that most of the K1s might come from arranged betrothals to people in the States. Based on the warning statement that is posted on the US Embassy's website for Morocco, I have a feeling that the State Department looks at online love affairs as having a higher propensity of fraud. :unsure:

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

I started a new thread about the topic, but thought I'd ask hear for the ladies who are getting prepared for their husbands' transition to the US (Vanessa, Sarah...who else am I forgetting? ) --- what things have you been thinking of to help ease your husbands' transition?

What are some things you're suggesting he bring to the US that he can get in Morocco but can't get in US? Etc, etc, etc.....

Has anyone heard how the interview from yesterday went?

Timeline

Bump, ba..bump, ba..bump.

where's everyone?

No news about Tuesday or today's interviews?

Sarah - did the bloodwork come back from France?

We called yesterday, and it had still not arrived.. they told him to call again tomorrow, which is fine, because the I864A from my stepdad won't be here until Monday thru express mail.. Perhaps by the end of next week, we can have this ####### over...but I doubt it :P

I think the user who had an interview on Tuesday has deleted their account, so I doubt we'll hear about that one.. But looking forward to some good news about today's interview!

Sarah

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

have any of the recent approvals received their visas yet?? Inshallah the recent interviews go smoothly for everybody.

Malika :)

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

No news on the other interview this week? I hope they are celebrating privately!

Strange thing about the Pakistan approvals. I've heard from my Pakistani USC friends that there is a ton of fraud even when the Pakistani spouse is a family friend or relative. Lots of soap opera worthy stories of betrayal and intrigue. FWIW, I don't believe they were likely to report it to ICE, though.

I do wonder how or why a consulate determines it is high fraud. I'm not doubting the determination. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, blah blah blah. But I wonder if it's all anecdotal, if it's based on divorces in 5 years no matter the cause, or if it's based solely on ICE complaints.

Any other interviews around the corner?

Timeline

Jackie and Amirah have their interviews fast approaching! Hope all is going well for them and we get some good news again for July!

As far as the Pakistani/arranged marriages thing- marriages arranged by USC family members are a red flag for most countries, and for countries where it is "traditional", I'd think it'd be just another way for fraudsters to get in! Regardless of how couples meet, I would HOPE that the CO's in countries that are WARZONES would be more tough on the beneficiaries than the CO's in peaceful lil Morocco (America's oldest "ally")!!! But hey, I guess I'm biased?

Edited by squeaky580

Timeline

The warzone factor is neither here nor there.

Go on any chatroom, FB, Myspace, livemocha, etc. on any given day and just sit a minute and see how many Moroccans, Egyptians, Jordanian, Palestinians, etc. will try to talk to you and see how fast they profess undying love and devotion. One would think the guys would have upped their game or changed their MO by now. But they don't. This is precisely why the consulates do what they do. They know this kind of thing happens day in and day out. I'm surprised more at the outcry of women not wanting to be protected than the consulates denying cases.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

The warzone factor is neither here nor there.

Go on any chatroom, FB, Myspace, livemocha, etc. on any given day and just sit a minute and see how many Moroccans, Egyptians, Jordanian, Palestinians, etc. will try to talk to you and see how fast they profess undying love and devotion. One would think the guys would have upped their game or changed their MO by now. But they don't. This is precisely why the consulates do what they do. They know this kind of thing happens day in and day out. I'm surprised more at the outcry of women not wanting to be protected than the consulates denying cases.

Amen to that, sister! That is what amazes me - in many women's eyes, it's the COs who are the bad guys, the evil ones; but they are only trying to protect them from someone who they believe is trying to defraud them. These people are trained - highly I might add, to read body language, eye movement, language skills - one of my favorite questions is - "how do you two communicate?" and the man replies - "What?". Come on!!! F'ing deny him!!! I love how many women believe they can communicate with their man - he doesn't speak hardly any English and she doesn't know any Arabic - and yet they expect that a CO will deem this relationship valid. I have learned that the language of love isn't really spoken by the USEM. Just sayin'.

Timeline

Amen to that, sister! That is what amazes me - in many women's eyes, it's the COs who are the bad guys, the evil ones; but they are only trying to protect them from someone who they believe is trying to defraud them. These people are trained - highly I might add, to read body language, eye movement, language skills - one of my favorite questions is - "how do you two communicate?" and the man replies - "What?". Come on!!! F'ing deny him!!! I love how many women believe they can communicate with their man - he doesn't speak hardly any English and she doesn't know any Arabic - and yet they expect that a CO will deem this relationship valid. I have learned that the language of love isn't really spoken by the USEM. Just sayin'.

Heey, I'm not denying the fraud that goes on in MENA countries.. One of mine and my fiancé's favorite pasttimes is screwing with guys who try to fish me on FB and MSN (they make it so easy!! :rofl: ).. However, my issue is Casablanca's propensity to not look at evidence, ask ridiculous questions, and actively SEARCH for reasons to deny couples that have proven a bonafide and onging relationship. And then give no reason for it whatsoever. They're doing it to me right now- They can't deny our bonafide relationship- we live together and have a child together- so instead they're asking for more forms and further medical tests, hoping that we don't come through with them. THAT's the kinda ####### I have issue with.

Even men from Egypt and Jordan and Palestine don't have to put up with the sneaky, double dealing ####### that we continue to tolerate from this consulate.

end of rant

Timeline

I'm sure there are quite a few folks here dealing with consulates other than Casablanca who would disagree about not being toyed with. I'm sure it's frustrating for you to be asked for the extra forms and whatnot but in the end your fiance will most likely get his visa. Please don't think that Cairo doesn't d@ck around with people because they do. We got asked for a few things at the end of our "journey" that seemed ridiculous but we gave them what they needed and we got our visa. Look at Hotguy's situation, now if that's not d@cking with someone, I'm not sure what is. The consulates know what they're doing even if we don't think they do. There is a reason for everything and that reason is unbeknownst to us.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.