KG0411

Biometrics for AP?

8 posts in this topic

I just went in today for my Biometrics appointment but was told after by one of the workers that it was for my Employment Authorization (EAD). I applied for an AP the same time as my EAD and my AOS. The worker told me I should receive a separate notice for my AP Biometrics appointment. Is this true? I went home and checked the notice for my AP that I received from USCIS and it never stated that I would be receiving another notice with my biometrics appointment. My EAD notice did state this though. All it said on my AP notice was that I would receive a written letter on whether or not they will approve the application. I'm just a bit worried because I plan to travel March 17 and have already purchased my ticket. I had filed in December and was hoping to get the AP in time. Any way I can find out if I am supposed to take another biometrics appointment for my AP? If so, will I get it in time? :(

Edited by KG0411

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Its 1 biometrics for what is applied for.. if you applied for AOS AP and EAD together.. thats 1 BIometric appt. ...

Why capture the same data from the same person 3 times? Someone is out of touch at the local office IMO...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I just went in today for my Biometrics appointment but was told after by one of the workers that it was for my Employment Authorization (EAD). I applied for an AP the same time as my EAD and my AOS. The worker told me I should receive a separate notice for my AP Biometrics appointment. Is this true? I went home and checked the notice for my AP that I received from USCIS and it never stated that I would be receiving another notice with my biometrics appointment. My EAD notice did state this though. All it said on my AP notice was that I would receive a written letter on whether or not they will approve the application. I'm just a bit worried because I plan to travel March 17 and have already purchased my ticket. I had filed in December and was hoping to get the AP in time. Any way I can find out if I am supposed to take another biometrics appointment for my AP? If so, will I get it in time? :(

No no no no no That's #######. When you get your Bio appointment it is one appointment only. You get your fingerprints taken and a candid snap photo as you know. I just looked at mine too and both letter AOS and EAD say you will get a letter for a bio appointment. The Ap letter says nothing at all. I had mine done 22nd Dec and received EAD card and AP papers 3 weeks later. Someone is yanking your chain. You will be fne

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

That's what I was thinking too...but in the notice I got for my Biometrics, at the bottom, it had two application numbers stating I485 and I765. Shouldn't it have also stated I131 and had an application number too?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

That's what I was thinking too...but in the notice I got for my Biometrics, at the bottom, it had two application numbers stating I485 and I765. Shouldn't it have also stated I131 and had an application number too?

No darl there is no bio for AP and mine had the same numbers too no 131 number. its ok you don't have to have another one.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You should be OK. There's only one biometrics appt for both EAD and AP. The only hitch could be if the fingerprint scanner has problems reading the prints and then you get called back in to have them re-taken. But my wife had no problem and her AP and EAD arrived a little more than a month after the biometrics appt. Good luck.

Just to reiterate, there is no bio for AP. I saw what you saw on my husband's letter and freaked out too... when I asked here no one seemed to know. I can confirm, without a doubt, that the biometrics is only for I-485 and I-765. I-131 not required. Good luck

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.