casiperuano

Rejected Tourist Visa

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Back in November my fiancee applied for a tourist visa to come visit the US and was rejected because they said that she couldn't provide sufficient evidence of her binding ties to the country. When we are submitting our information for the visa for the validity of the relationship, we are trying to decide if we should include this or not? On the once hand, we want to because it shows that she was trying to come visit me. On the other hand, we are worried that it may be looked upon poorly because she was rejected.

Thoughts on whether we should include this in evidence or not?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I wouldn't because there is really no need to. They want to see that you met in person. Not that you tried and got stopped, its already going to be in the files when they do the background checks anyways so they will see it. It doesn't hurt the petition that you had a rejected tourist visa it just isn't evidence that they want to see.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Timeline

Welcome to VJ!

No, I would not include it. It is not considered evidence. I don't think there is a way to prove the attempt was to visit you. The denial will not have any bearing on the fiance visa decision. Peru is very difficult for tourist visas if not married and a not a lot of money in the bank, home ownership, etc.

Good to see another Peruvian filer :)

Good luck on your journey.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Back in November my fiancee applied for a tourist visa to come visit the US and was rejected because they said that she couldn't provide sufficient evidence of her binding ties to the country. When we are submitting our information for the visa for the validity of the relationship, we are trying to decide if we should include this or not? On the once hand, we want to because it shows that she was trying to come visit me. On the other hand, we are worried that it may be looked upon poorly because she was rejected.

Include it in evidence? No, there's no point in doing that. However, she will have to declare it on the DS-156. It asks if you've ever been denied a visa to the US.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello. Your thought is creative. I agree with the perceptions of some of the folks who responded stating that there is better evidence that you can use to show a) when you met, and b) the quality of your continuing relationship. Of some but little value is the presumption that a tourist Visa candidate has immigrant intentions, when they seek a tourist Visa to see a family member or loved on in the US, i.e. immigrant intent is viewed with disfavor in the context of a tourist Visa.

No doubt you have a wonderful relationship and will collect stacks of evidence such as photos, emails, IMs, letters, cards, flight itineraries, communication between the fiance(e) and your family, etc. Don't overlook other key goodies like housing applications, money remittances, etc, listing the K1 Visa beneficiary. That kind of material has great evidentiary impact on a trier of fact. You will do well.

May 14, 2011 Mailed K1 Petition to Lewisville, Texas Lockbox

May 18, 2011 Notice of Receipt via email

May 18, 2011 Notice Petition forwarded to California Service Center

May 19, 2011 Notice of Receipt from Laguna Niguel, California, Service Center

August 2, 2011 Request for Evidence

August 31, 2011 Evidence tendered to Laguna Niguel, Service Center

September 14, 2011 Notice of Action, "Petition approved."

September 29, 2011 Notice Petition forwarded to embassy in Lima, from National Visa Center, Portsmouth, NH,

October 3, 2011, email sent to embassy in Lima, re: change of address for fiancée.

October 5, 2011 email response from embassy in Lima, re: procedure for change of address

October 22, 2011 received packet from embassy in Lima with Nov. 2, 2011 appointment date.

November 2, 2011 finacée interviewed by consular staff in Lima.

November 2, 2011 Yellow sheet issued requesting more information.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.