Herolmounia

Help me!!! i was public charge and my husband US citizen is going to jail

66 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That is actually highly unlikely. CPS might do an investigation and, if anything, the child will most likely be placed in a foster home.. placing it with an the mother-in-law, an aunt or any other family is unlikely, especially because of her own son's situation...

This isn't true. First CPS will want to keep the child with the mother if possible. In a case like her's they would probably even give her advice on what to do and give her time to get on her feet. It's not as simple as CPS coming to take the child away with one home vist without extreme cases. Even if the mother was on drugs, the child is not always immediatly taken from the home. They are given time to get clean and if they get clean the child stays. Actually if the child does have to be removed CPS will first look to family members and then foster care.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

:wow: i dont find words to describe how thankful i am for the sweet words and support i got from All of you! i m so happy that i share with you my concerns, i m sorry i didnt reply soon i forgot the password and i had a problem reseting it, i wish i can reply to each one of you who took the time and made and effort to think for solutions to my problems!

indeed i was expecting alot of happiness, i loved my husband so much and he loved me too, but when i came his love started be just words, i cried the second day i landed in the us. when i went with him for shopping and he runs with the cart he scared i m going to buy everything in the store, what happened, is everything is new to me and i need to buy the things i m used to buy in my country, but he didnt answer me when i ask hm what is this, what is that, he runs and he leaves me talking to my self, all he bought i dont know how to use, it is not my confort food, i felt embarrassed and really not respected at all!since then we had problems with everything.he wanted i suspect someone like dough , make anything with it, not a human with diffrent opinion and different traditions!if i knew that would happen iwould never think to get married!oh wow but i have this cute baby, without this marriage i wouldnt have him now! God had blessed me with the baby

after i posted the topic, i started to search on google for local organizations who pays rent and help with bills and stuff, the next day my husband called me crying and saying that he is in the hospital, they found him burried in the snow only his hand was exposed,(i think he did too much drugs and he had heart attack, it is just another sign from GOD "repent or you going to die on a SIN!!!")luckily his old muslim friend saw them taking him in the ambulance and he followed him and stayed with him until he woke up, my husband told him everything he did to me, and the guy told him thats why we pray 5 times a day , you repent eveytime you pray, and this way prayer will prevent you from being volnurnable to fall in the sin, he took him from the hospital to the mosque and he stayed friday prayer, he came saying to me "i wish i could stay in the mosque and live there i felt my heart is coming out from my chest and i want to go there everyfriday", he said" i m crawling to get drugs instead of crawling to the mosque ,and i m not working!!!" anyway i seen him started to pray and he wants to buy islamic outfits so the people he knows doing drugs when they see him wearing it they will not approch him as he serves his lord as he said on his words!

he said he is going to pay rent and bla bla bla :no: ...i want to trust him but I CAN'T . all i m going to do is keep going on my plan, i ll ask for help from organizations , if i dont get any then i m going to the shelter, my friend from california she is sending me 200$ i m going to make driver licence, i signed up with freecharitycars.org, (if you want to help me get one please sign up and collect votes then transfer to me ,my username is mounia, another way you can donate 10$ to the charity and they give me 100 votes , im currently the third on the list in Connecticut, i should be in the first to have the turn when someone donate a car they give it the first on the list!)if i have a car i ll find job very soon.it certainly going to make everything easier. here is the link to help me http://www.freecharitycars.org/mounia/

as some of you suggest to give the baby to my MIL , it would be the last thing i do, yesterday she came, and guess what it was the first time i pay attention to her intentions! she said why is the babys face is white? he was doing fine, he looks actually red cheeks but i kept saying he is not white he is doing fine he just ate and i took him a bath...and she asked did he eat? she just wants to make me feel i dont take care of him!anyway i was defending on everything she had to say bout the baby, my husband told me manytimes not to give her the baby to hold, i used to say are you crazy she is his grand mother, i didnt know what she was saying in turkish!she was always saying bad things about me! she wants to take the baby, last time after the mall fight with the drug dealer, she took the baby from the stroller and she went inside her car saying she is going to bring the baby to her house, i said why for!! he is not sleeping away from me! i m breastfeedin and there is no need for that! and she kept saying something in turkish and her husband said give her the baby! and i went i grabbed him from the car window! she loves my son , its normal , its her grand son i didnt say anything, but i m not tolerrating her intentions! i will not let her see anything that would make her talk!! SO when i work i m going to put the baby in he day care!i m sure there is an affordable daycare!

actualy her brother gave me a big gold chain in our wedding, and when my husband started to do drugs she came to my house and took it saying to protect it from being sold! she had the intention to keep it! my husband always told me she played me and i m dam trusted her and i should never let anybody take anything without his consent! he was right but i didnt want to lose the chaine i thought i put it in good hands!! i went one day to her house and i just asked to see it and she showed it to me from far and when i stretched my hand for her to give it to me( my intention was just to see it), she hided it behind her saying no no no!!! :blink: and she went to her bedroom hided it somewhere!i said keep it , it is just the dirt of this life , in the paradize i m going to find much better one,and i left.

i sent my resume to many companies, stores, and hiresource.com. i m waiting for their call, i m going tomorrow with my husband to a nearby cosmetic factory, he met our neigboor who works there and he told my husband that they need female workers.

so my plan is call organizations for rent and bills, work, get drivers licence, car, put the baby in day care!and i ll be ok with the help of GOD!!

i m not considering divorce right now until i make sure my status is fixed, i m scared they deport me and my son stays here as he is us citizen.

As for the ROC, how much it cost to send the application?

if my husband is in jail will that affect my application because we re not living with each other!

my husband was my sponsor , he was a supervisor on brakes factory, he got injured and he got fired, since then we ve been living from the savings we had on the bank after that, he sold $2000 HDTV, blueray, PC, gold chains, my engagement ring( he pawn it and we didnt have money to get it back), everything is gone,we seeked the help of the state and we got food stamps and cash assistance and Husky A .

i was a public charge will that affect my ROC application?

Thank you so very very very much and GOD bless you All, i m so blessed to have friends like you! (L)(F):luv:

Mounia.

In the name of Allah most gracious most merciful

AOS Timeline

04/03/2009 Vaccination updated (form I-693)

08/11/2009 AOS application sent

08/13/2009 USCIS received AOS application

08/18/2009 NOAS I-485,I-765, I131 DATED

08/19/2009 Check cashed

08/21/2009 NOAS HARD COPIES RECEIVED

08/31/2009 Biometric letter received dated 8-26-09

09/08/2009 Applied for State ID

09/09/2009 State ID issued

09/10/2009 Case transferred to CSC

09/14/2009 Received the transfer notice in the mail

09/17/2009 Case received and pending

09/22/2009 Biometric Appointment 11:00 AM, Touched on I-485 and I-765

09/23/2009 Touched on I-485 and I-765

10/09/2009 I-131 APPROVED, I-765 card ordered

10/14/2009 I-765 card ordered again

10/15/2009 I-765 touched, AOS Approved

10/16/2009 Touched I-485, AP received in mail

10/19/2009 EAD approval sent Oct 16th, EAD received in mail

10/20/2009 AOS approval sent

10/21/2009 Welcome letter received

10/22/2009 GC received alhamdulillah

Done with uscis until ... 10/14/2011

preg.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Who applied for food stamps and cash assistance? you or him?, if it was him then you were not a public charge. I hope you will find a solution soon. He's not going to change, hardly the human being changes.

2007-11-8 : Married

AOS

2008-3-03 : AOS sent

2008-3-12 : Check cashed

2008-3-14 : Received Receipt Notices of AOS ,EAD and AP

2008-3-17 : Biometrics Appointment notice date

2008-4-03 : Biometrics Appointment ,,,DONE,,,

2008-5-09 : EAD card ordered and AP approval notice

2008-5-13 : AP approval notice sent

2008-5-16 : AP received

2008-5-19 : EAD Approval notice sent

2008-5-21 : EAD received

2008-6-27 : interview appointment letter (for August)

2008-8---- : interview was fine, but was given a RFE, reason: chicken pox shot( although i got the shot when i was little)

2008-10-- : green card

ROC

2010-7-13 : I-751 sent

2010-7-16 : I-751 received

2010-7-20 : I-751 sent back to me. Cause: signatures and filing early.

2010-7-26 : I-751 re-sent

2010-8-09 : First NOA received ( dated 8/2 )

2010-8-12 : Biometrics appointment letter received ( dated 8/6 )

2010-8-19 : Early biometrics

2010-9-08 : Card production ordered

2010-9-15 : Green Card received, with incorrect first name (one letter missing)

I-90

2010-9-16 : Sent I-90 with Green Card

2010-9-17 : I-90 delivered

2010-9-24 : Receipt received. Notice date: 9-22

2011-2-08 : Card production ordered

2011-2-10 : Card received with NO errors.

N400 :

11-22-2011 :Sent

02-21-2012 :Interview ( a long delay afterwards)

05-18-2012 :Oath - US citizen

:wow: i dont find words to describe how thankful i am for the sweet words and support i got from All of you! i m so happy that i share with you my concerns, i m sorry i didnt reply soon i forgot the password and i had a problem reseting it, i wish i can reply to each one of you who took the time and made and effort to think for solutions to my problems!

indeed i was expecting alot of happiness, i loved my husband so much and he loved me too, but when i came his love started be just words, i cried the second day i landed in the us. when i went with him for shopping and he runs with the cart he scared i m going to buy everything in the store, what happened, is everything is new to me and i need to buy the things i m used to buy in my country, but he didnt answer me when i ask hm what is this, what is that, he runs and he leaves me talking to my self, all he bought i dont know how to use, it is not my confort food, i felt embarrassed and really not respected at all!since then we had problems with everything.he wanted i suspect someone like dough , make anything with it, not a human with diffrent opinion and different traditions!if i knew that would happen iwould never think to get married!oh wow but i have this cute baby, without this marriage i wouldnt have him now! God had blessed me with the baby

after i posted the topic, i started to search on google for local organizations who pays rent and help with bills and stuff, the next day my husband called me crying and saying that he is in the hospital, they found him burried in the snow only his hand was exposed,(i think he did too much drugs and he had heart attack, it is just another sign from GOD "repent or you going to die on a SIN!!!")luckily his old muslim friend saw them taking him in the ambulance and he followed him and stayed with him until he woke up, my husband told him everything he did to me, and the guy told him thats why we pray 5 times a day , you repent eveytime you pray, and this way prayer will prevent you from being volnurnable to fall in the sin, he took him from the hospital to the mosque and he stayed friday prayer, he came saying to me "i wish i could stay in the mosque and live there i felt my heart is coming out from my chest and i want to go there everyfriday", he said" i m crawling to get drugs instead of crawling to the mosque ,and i m not working!!!" anyway i seen him started to pray and he wants to buy islamic outfits so the people he knows doing drugs when they see him wearing it they will not approch him as he serves his lord as he said on his words!

he said he is going to pay rent and bla bla bla :no: ...i want to trust him but I CAN'T . all i m going to do is keep going on my plan, i ll ask for help from organizations , if i dont get any then i m going to the shelter, my friend from california she is sending me 200$ i m going to make driver licence, i signed up with freecharitycars.org, (if you want to help me get one please sign up and collect votes then transfer to me ,my username is mounia, another way you can donate 10$ to the charity and they give me 100 votes , im currently the third on the list in Connecticut, i should be in the first to have the turn when someone donate a car they give it the first on the list!)if i have a car i ll find job very soon.it certainly going to make everything easier. here is the link to help me http://www.freecharitycars.org/mounia/

as some of you suggest to give the baby to my MIL , it would be the last thing i do, yesterday she came, and guess what it was the first time i pay attention to her intentions! she said why is the babys face is white? he was doing fine, he looks actually red cheeks but i kept saying he is not white he is doing fine he just ate and i took him a bath...and she asked did he eat? she just wants to make me feel i dont take care of him!anyway i was defending on everything she had to say bout the baby, my husband told me manytimes not to give her the baby to hold, i used to say are you crazy she is his grand mother, i didnt know what she was saying in turkish!she was always saying bad things about me! she wants to take the baby, last time after the mall fight with the drug dealer, she took the baby from the stroller and she went inside her car saying she is going to bring the baby to her house, i said why for!! he is not sleeping away from me! i m breastfeedin and there is no need for that! and she kept saying something in turkish and her husband said give her the baby! and i went i grabbed him from the car window! she loves my son , its normal , its her grand son i didnt say anything, but i m not tolerrating her intentions! i will not let her see anything that would make her talk!! SO when i work i m going to put the baby in he day care!i m sure there is an affordable daycare!

actualy her brother gave me a big gold chain in our wedding, and when my husband started to do drugs she came to my house and took it saying to protect it from being sold! she had the intention to keep it! my husband always told me she played me and i m dam trusted her and i should never let anybody take anything without his consent! he was right but i didnt want to lose the chaine i thought i put it in good hands!! i went one day to her house and i just asked to see it and she showed it to me from far and when i stretched my hand for her to give it to me( my intention was just to see it), she hided it behind her saying no no no!!! :blink: and she went to her bedroom hided it somewhere!i said keep it , it is just the dirt of this life , in the paradize i m going to find much better one,and i left.

i sent my resume to many companies, stores, and hiresource.com. i m waiting for their call, i m going tomorrow with my husband to a nearby cosmetic factory, he met our neigboor who works there and he told my husband that they need female workers.

so my plan is call organizations for rent and bills, work, get drivers licence, car, put the baby in day care!and i ll be ok with the help of GOD!!

i m not considering divorce right now until i make sure my status is fixed, i m scared they deport me and my son stays here as he is us citizen.

if my husband is in jail will that affect my application because we re not living with each other!

my husband was my sponsor , he was a supervisor on brakes factory, he got injured and he got fired, since then we ve been living from the savings we had on the bank after that, he sold $2000 HDTV, blueray, PC, gold chains, my engagement ring( he pawn it and we didnt have money to get it back), everything is gone,we seeked the help of the state and we got food stamps and cash assistance and Husky A .

Thank you so very very very much and GOD bless you All, i m so blessed to have friends like you! (L)(F):luv:

Mounia.

May Allah make it easy for you and your husband. Drug addiction is a terrible thing but it can be kicked.

Do you need anything for your son? Let me know.

03/09/2011 AOS Application Sent.
03/11/2011 (Day 0) Application Received
03/16/2011 (Day 7) NOA 1 (Text Email)+ (Checks Cashed)
03/19/2011 (Day 10) Hard Copy of NOA 1
03/28/2011 (Day 19) Biometrics letter 4/8/2011
04/08/2011 (Day 30) Successful Biometrics for I-765/I-485
05/13/2011 (Day 65) EAD received in the mail
05/14/2011 (Day 66) Email confirming EAD approved (Case updated online TOUCH)
05/20/2011 (Day 72) SSN In the Mail.

09/08/2011 (Day 200 ) Email notification of Interview.
10/11/2011 Interview at 26 Federal Plaza, NY!
Interviewed and Am expecting RFEs!
10/13/2011 (Day ***) Received RFE-- Requesting that I provide documentation to prove I was never married in Uk or Illin
02/11/2012 (Day ***) Service request..Told its being reviewed by supervisor

24th March 2012!!!!!!!!!!! Email notifiying me of CARD IN PRODUCTION
03/26/2012 (Day 376) Emails confirming that my I-130 and I-485 have been approved.

4/2/2012 Green Card In Hand!

Unbelievable that my journey took this long but Im thankful

Next Stop Premed...Yup!

3/24/2014 Application for conditions to be removed

9/22/2014 APPROVED without interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Mounia.

Hi, I have been following this thread and I wish you all the best in getting you and your son to a safer situation. I too am in Connecticut, and would be willing to locate charitable organizations, etc., that may help you. I'm sure you know the Newington/Berlin area has a large Muslim community; I'd look in that area first. I also have a close friend who was in a very similar situation (had to flee an abusive spouse - she herself was a police officer, it can happen to anyone), so I can probably get some good resources for you. Feel free to PM me.

Happy

Jayke

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Mounia.

Mounia,

Sister I just read this and I wanted to let you know that if you go to a Domestic Violence shelter they will help you. They will help you with food, clothing, shelter, and immigration too. Most shelters have immigration lawyers that will help you pro-bono and also help you file for divorce and get on you feet. I work for CPS in my state and I can tell you that as long as you are protecting your child they will not remove and homelessness is not abuse. If you stay in that situation your child is not protected and you can be at risk of losing the baby. Please contact a shelter in your area and get out he might be doing good now but make him prove himself over time and a few weeks clean is not enough time. My prayers are with you!! Inshallah you find safety and a better life for you and your baby!

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.