Sand

1 More question please.

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hello, I have 1 more question to ask.

On Part 9, Information about Children.

I dont have any kids Yet. but my spouse has 1 daughter, but she is not living with us and she is married and she has her own family, i dint add her there . so what i did was right or wrong? because i just noticed in the N-400 Ins. it says ;

Stepson or stepdaughter or legally adopted; . By the way. she is over 20 Years old..

So i did wrong?

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello, I have 1 more question to ask.

On Part 9, Information about Children.

I dont have any kids Yet. but my spouse has 1 daughter, but she is not living with us and she is married and she has her own family, i dint add her there . so what i did was right or wrong? because i just noticed in the N-400 Ins. it says ;

Stepson or stepdaughter or legally adopted; . By the way. she is over 20 Years old..

So i did wrong?

That child regardless of their age, is still your stepchild. But stepkids are kind of nebulous, in no way could I sign for my minor daughters passport, but expected to support her, if my wife and I got a divorce, would not be liable for child support payments, if I die, she would not get any SS benefits. So in this sense, you are somewhat responsible for that child, but in others, have absolutely no say in any matter. So I really don't know why you have to list those children, but you have to.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I believe the form says to list all children, whether they live with you or not, including step children. I will be listing my 2 stepsons even though they're naturally born US citizens in their own right (and adults who do not live with us)- it does seem rather silly since they don't figure into my maturalization equation at all.

Anyone know why they want to know about stepchildren even?

Edited by Udella&Wiz

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I believe the form says to list all children, whether they live with you or not, including step children. I will be listing my 2 stepsons even though they're naturally born US citizens in their own right (and adults who do not live with us)- it does seem rather silly since they don't figure into my maturalization equation at all.

Anyone know why they want to know about stepchildren even?

In our case, it was my wifes' IO saying, wow, you have a bunch of kids. Was no interested in my adopted and born all in the USA six kids. Was no interest my wifes' daughter, LPR but just over 18, she would have to wait another two years and file by herself. And no interest in my wifes' over 21 married son still living in Venezuela.

So the only thing that I can conclude, is so the IO could say, wow, you have a bunch of kids. Really, their only interest should be in the immigrant kids that can become automatic US citizens via their parent.

Filed: Other Timeline

Quite a few questions on the N-400 are a bit ididotic and if I had to think long and hard about how to answer some of them, thousands of others did too.

So don't worry too much about it, as during the N-400 interview, the I.O. will go though your entire application, line by line. When he comes to the children, you'll just bring it up and say: " . . . oh, I have a question here. I wasn't sure if I answered this correctly. My wife has a 20 year-old daughter who lives on her own and . . . "

The I.O. will then okay it or correct it. Either way, your problem will be gone afterward.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thank you so much guys :)

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.