one...two...tree

Poverty supresses children's genetic potential, study says

112 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

They're all high in sugar.

They're really not.

Apples: 13 percent carbs

Yoghurt: anywhere from 2 percent to 14 percent (with fruit)

Sandwich: bread = 30-50 percent carbs, the rest depends

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

They are high in sugar and on the prices that were quoted you're looking at processed rubbish.

Contrary to popular belief, fruit isn't actually healthy. It's nearly all high in sugar.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

They are high in sugar and on the prices that were quoted you're looking at processed rubbish.

Contrary to popular belief, fruit isn't actually healthy. It's nearly all high in sugar.

What are you on some kind of no sugar diet? Fruit is healthy, not as healthy as vegetables, but healthy.

And I'm wondering what kind of day of eating you would consider healthy.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

What are you on some kind of no sugar diet? Fruit is healthy, not as healthy as vegetables, but healthy.

And I'm wondering what kind of day of eating you would consider healthy.

Whole fruits are good, but most fruit based yogurts are extremely high in sugar - sometimes up to 32 grams in just a 6oz serving.

Our pediatrician told us to limit the amount of fruit juice the kids drink daily to about 6oz a day because of its high concentration of sugars, but we don't hold back on bananas, apples and oranges.

Edited by 8TBVBN

Timeline

Whole fruits are good, but most fruit based yogurts are extremely high in sugar - sometimes up to 32 grams in just a 6oz serving.

Our pediatrician told us to limit the amount of fruit juice the kids drink daily to about 6oz a day because of its high concentration of sugars, but we don't hold back on bananas, apples and oranges.

I was talking about the statement that "contrary to popular belief, fruit isn't healthy". I just don't think that's true. Yogurt and fruit juice are different.

Never said anything about it being OK

You didn't have to. Society says it's OK.

Look at this very thread. We have people arguing over how to feed these poor kids. They're actually debating how much money it should take to feed these kids instead of figuring out how to stop the poverty in the first place.

See! Dodging accountability once again. Many folks in the US have no problem being accountable for themselves. The truly hard part is holding someone else accountable. Instead of doing that we'd rather throw money at the problem and lock our doors.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Look at this very thread. We have people arguing over how to feed these poor kids. They're actually debating how much money it should take to feed these kids instead of figuring out how to stop the poverty in the first place.

We will never eliminate poverty. Understanding how to stretch what resources we do have (mental and financial) goes a long way.

We will never eliminate poverty. Understanding how to stretch what resources we do have (mental and financial) goes a long way.

How is paying for people to procreate stretching resources?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

How is paying for people to procreate stretching resources?

I never said it was. You were the one poopooing the conversation about how to eat on a budget. I'm saying that people need to learn how to do that better.

Edited by Jenn!

I never said it was. You were the one poopooing the conversation about how to eat on a budget. I'm saying that people need to learn how to do that better.

Did anyone read the OP?

It had nothing to do with food.

Русский форум член.

You didn't have to. Society says it's OK.

See! Dodging accountability once again. Many folks in the US have no problem being accountable for themselves. The truly hard part is holding someone else accountable. Instead of doing that we'd rather throw money at the problem and lock our doors.

I understand what you're saying.

We have gotten to the point where people don't believe that their future is in their own hands. I just try to let kids know that their life is going to be a result of their decisions. And I still believe that, no matter what your background, you can make your life better if you work harder than everyone around you.

Filed: Timeline

Did anyone read the OP?

It had nothing to do with food.

Which makes the study anecdotal: It failed to show cause and effect. Liberal solutions to society's problems end with some sort of wealth redistribution.

Edited by Some Old Guy

no matter what your background, you can have the opportunity to make your life better if you work harder than everyone around you.

Fixored.

And I love how you set them up for failure from the very start by using words like "if" and "work." The real cherry is probably "harder than everyone around you" especially since it's so acceptable to be better than everyone else in poor communities.

Good luck. And hey, keep that glass 1/2 full. People will still be paying for it!

Русский форум член.