one...two...tree

Poverty supresses children's genetic potential, study says

112 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Poor people should be encouraged to buy machine guns instead of procreating.

That kind of is current policy in case you haven't noticed. The poor join the military in much larger numbers than the middle class or the rich. We neglect them for their entire primary education and then tell them hey the military's the only choice ya got ...

That kind of is current policy in case you haven't noticed. The poor join the military in much larger numbers than the middle class or the rich. We neglect them for their entire primary education and then tell them hey the military's the only choice ya got ...

I'm implementing cuts and eliminating the middle man. :thumbs:

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

I'm implementing cuts and eliminating the middle man. :thumbs:

You got a SEX CHANGE? Its about fuckin time.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I guess I was raised in a different generation but I don't see how $3.57 per day ($25/week) could ever be 'more than adequate'....

Most of the world, including where your SO and mine are from do this. I don't know about Mexico, but food prices that I saw in the FSU are not much different than here. But you won't be eating pizza and chips, pop, sugar coated cereal, etc. Good nutrition can actually be very economical as well.

$25/week will get you a whole week's of rice and daal if you make the daal at home and buy the lentils from an Indian place and wash them yourself (not Whole Foods, where they wash it for you and charge a crazy premium for it).

Probably better for you than burgers and fries but still not exactly a balanced diet. Mind you, all those true pioneers out there feeding their families in the wilderness using their firearms no doubt have the little woman tending the vegetable patch as well and have little need for modern conveniences.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Timeline

Probably better for you than burgers and fries but still not exactly a balanced diet. Mind you, all those true pioneers out there feeding their families in the wilderness using their firearms no doubt have the little woman tending the vegetable patch as well and have little need for modern conveniences.

Yeah I know it isn't balanced. But a lot of people make do with it. Not everyone has access to a garden.

Yeah I know it isn't balanced. But a lot of people make do with it. Not everyone has access to a garden.

I like daal personally. Apparently turmeric is the latest cure all as well.

raw garlic is great for you too. and that can be grown almost anywhere.

I can't quite do raw garlic, I'm hoping all its potency isn't lost in cooking :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

WOW!! $25/week for groceries per head.

I would be extremely depressed and possibly suicidal if I had to survive on $25 a week to buy food.

I guess I could be a dollar millionaire and eat dinner off the dollar menus at a different fast food joint each night. But even going that route, I'd still spend $5 to $6 a "dinner" and would run out of money in 4 to 5 nights, and that is not including breakfast, lunch, beverages, or midnight snacks!

1.I spend less than that out of my own pocket.

2. $400 per month is just what the gov gives..No one said these folks can't contribute something to their grocery bill as well.

Who is being neglected.... and if so how do we get a refund on all that money spent?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

1.I spend less than that out of my own pocket.

Please explain how you eat well from $3.57 a day ($25 a week / $100 a month)....

Can you describe what you ate today for lunch/dinner and how much each item cost?

Edited by Lord Infamous

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Explain why we're debating how they're going to eat on $3.57/day. Next you'll be telling us they should get more money.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

It is unfortunate there's reproduction among those in poverty.

Logically speaking, if you can't afford offspring, you shouldn't reproduce.

if they would just start selling said offspring, either to be a foodsource for the well-heeled, or a source of free labor in american factories, they wouldn't be so poor anymore, would they?

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Most of the world, including where your SO and mine are from do this. I don't know about Mexico, but food prices that I saw in the FSU are not much different than here. But you won't be eating pizza and chips, pop, sugar coated cereal, etc. Good nutrition can actually be very economical as well.

i have no idea how it works in mexico, fsu, etc but with the way food subsidies work in this country, you can end up paying a lot more for fresh fruit and veggies than you would for junk. meat and dairy producers get a much bigger piece of the govt subsidy pie than fruit and veg growers, even though nearly every nutritionist will tell you you should consume the inverse of that.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps