one...two...tree

High capacity magazine in rampage was banned under Clinton-era law

207 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have no further interest in this. Clearly you think this is important and makes you look smart. Let me assure you that it is not and does not.

yes it does. Shots that do not hit anything cannot improve things by being eliminated. :wacko: He would accomplish the same with less noise, that's all.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I don't take a gun anywhere ever, and I don't worry about criminals either. Clearly carrying a gun around is not a determining factor in feeling 'safe'.

Interestingly, I don't live in safe and cosy Vermont, but in the wild west of SoCal. Interesting, no?

No.

I support your right to choose. You do not live in a safe and cosy place because your state does not allow people to carry guns. I live in a safe and cosy place because we all can carry guns.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Less rounds shot is going to mean less casualties, that's simple math. However, that still does not explain how you leap to the conclusion that "... what [i'm] saying is if we pass more laws then people will stop using guns to kill other people?". I have never said that, implied it, or speculated that would be the case. Try engaging the arguments I actually put forward, not imaginary ones.

Guns and weaponry should be treated as what they are, instruments designed to deliver lethal force at a target (whatever that target might be), not household objects that can cause harm under specific (and limited) circumstances. Weaponry is stored in an armory for a reason and it's not because they are considered simple household tools.

I can't imagine why anyone would think it's a sound plan to keep one loaded in the bedroom, but that's another conversation entirely.

Slightly off topic, how many of the gun owners here who believe they own a gun as a means to protect themselves and their family from lethal invasion drink?

I do not drink alcohol ever. I have never in my life been intoxicated. I have had a few sips of champagne at weddings and such. If you put all the alcohol I have consumed in my life in one glass (and you could) it would not be enough to make anyone drunk. I have also never used any form of illegal drugs, ever. I really don;t care what someone else does and I would support legalization of marijuana, but I have no need for it myself. I go shooting at least once per week year 'round.

Guns are household objects in my house and have been all my life.

Gary And Alla

Accuracy is never over-rated. During the Viet Nam war our soldiers, each one equipped with a rifle capable of suto fire, used something like 500,000 rounds per confirmed kill. Elimnating the auto fire capability in the M16A2 resulted in a 10 fold improvement in kill rates.

And the sniper's motto is "One shot, one kill."

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

Everything Gary says must be true because Gary says it and because he has a gun and because people with guns don't lie because if they did other people with guns will shoot his balls off.

A brilliant contribution to the discussion. How does one counter such logic?

I fail to understand why anyone with such obvious lack of knowledge of a subject not only venture into discussing it, but think they are qualified to make decisions which affect other people. Astounding.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I fail to understand why anyone with such obvious lack of knowledge of a subject not only venture into discussing it, but think they are qualified to make decisions which affect other people. Astounding.

Welcome to VJ

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I love the game of basketball. I love playing it, coaching or just watching the game played. I also know a great deal about the game. But may God rain down on me with basketballs if I ever think that because other people aren't into basketball like me, that they can't or shouldn't talk about basketball. In fact, if some basketball geek started rambling off to me the exact specs on official court size, I'd think he's either autistic or he suffers from lack of self esteem.

From the things I read on here and elsewhere, for some people gun ownership is an obsession, why else would someone use all kinds of absurd rationals to justify owning a gun? Statistically, being involved in a criminally inspired shooting is what one would call a very, very long shot indeed and being armed just in case is irrational.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

From the things I read on here and elsewhere, for some people gun ownership is an obsession, why else would someone use all kinds of absurd rationals to justify owning a gun? Statistically, being involved in a criminally inspired shooting is what one would call a very, very long shot indeed and being armed just in case is irrational.

One's life is the ultimate most precious thing in this world and these individuals want to preserve that precious life of theirs to the fullest, which is why they are all also health nuts, run marathons, abhor smoking and alcohol, and reserve the precious bodily fluids by denying their spouses sex.