32 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I got a text and an email that I had an update, went to the USCIS site and saw that I had an RFE. I got the hard copy in the mail a few days later. It sounds like it may be something else for you although I'm not sure what it could be. Good luck to you;)

I was wondering how USCIS notifies you on RFE. I just recevied a hard, white envelope or parcel from USPS. It wouldn't fit in mailbox so I have to wait until Tuesday to pick up. I received recipt number and all I was wondering is this the way USCIS notifies you?? Its the weekend and I am worried something may be amiss....

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

I got a text and an email that I had an update, went to the USCIS site and saw that I had an RFE. I got the hard copy in the mail a few days later. It sounds like it may be something else for you although I'm not sure what it could be. Good luck to you;)

I guess I'll never get email because I never could add my number:(

Timeline

You aren't able to sign in on the USCIS site?

I guess I'll never get email because I never could add my number:(

Met in December 2008

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Timeline

You aren't able to sign in on the USCIS site?

[/quo

I can sign in but when it goes add case file I can't

Under profile shows my name and email but how will USCIS know if I can't add my WAC#

Timeline

For some reason it won't let me send a regular reply....

That is really annoying...well I hope it isn't an RFE but if it is, I hope that it's something that you can quickly and easily fix. Good luck to you.

Met in December 2008

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Timeline

For some reason it won't let me send a regular reply....

That is really annoying...well I hope it isn't an RFE but if it is, I hope that it's something that you can quickly and easily fix. Good luck to you.

RFE I can handle having the whole package sent back would be frustrating

But I can't see them sending everything back if I got a number, NOA1, and check cashed

Did you say you have no idea who the sender is. It might have nothing to do with your application.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

interesting....I too am waiting on our RFE which was mailed on December 29, we only found out about the RFE after waiting 5 months of not hearing anything and finally escalated our call at the Service Center to be told that further evidence is required. Hopefully we will get it soon so we know what needs to be done to get the ball rolling again.....keep the faith, keep positive patience does make one stronger....

event.png

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish

Timeline

So what did you find out?? :)

I will call them tomorrow also. I want to know how they can give me email notification if my receipt # is invalid on their web site

Met in December 2008

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Timeline

So what did you find out?? :)

lol I worried for nothing.. My mom snet pictures she developed of trip to Georgia and didn't tell me anything. I am now in they system and I can check on my staus and receive email notification. :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko: My wife called me a ####### haha

Timeline

LOL....well that's great! Most people probably would've been wondering and thinking the same things as you, I know I would've. Glad to hear it and glad you can now check your status :)

lol I worried for nothing.. My mom snet pictures she developed of trip to Georgia and didn't tell me anything. I am now in they system and I can check on my staus and receive email notification. :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko: My wife called me a ####### haha

Met in December 2008

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Timeline

LOL....well that's great! Most people probably would've been wondering and thinking the same things as you, I know I would've. Glad to hear it and glad you can now check your status :)

Just curious why did it take 7 months to receive an RFE???

Seems like a waste of precious time

Edited by darkdancer333

Timeline

I have no idea...I really don't understand any of it. We didn't have any touches for months...after the five month mark I called and they told me to call back after six months. I did, and they put in a service request. At the same time I called and faxed to the senator's office. About a week later I received a letter from USCIS referencing the inquiry saying we were in extensive background checks. A couple of days later we had touches two days in a row and then I got a text message and email that there was an update on our case. I went to the website and it said we were receiving and RFE. A few days later (2 or 3) we got a 3-page RFE in the mail with 45 days in which to respond. About a week later we received a letter from the senator's office saying that they inquired into our case and found that we were under extensive background checks....-_- My personal feeling is that our file wasn't even looked at until they got the inquiry and then bam!, an RFE. But, who knows. I know many have made it through with less documentation than we had. I don't know why this is happening to us. We're both good people, come from good families, have good jobs, etc. It's very disheartening and now it's almost nine months and we are still waiting............I never in my wildest dreams expected this.....:(

Just curious why did it take 7 months to receive an RFE???

Seems like a waste of precious time

Met in December 2008

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Timeline

I have no idea...I really don't understand any of it. We didn't have any touches for months...after the five month mark I called and they told me to call back after six months. I did, and they put in a service request. At the same time I called and faxed to the senator's office. About a week later I received a letter from USCIS referencing the inquiry saying we were in extensive background checks. A couple of days later we had touches two days in a row and then I got a text message and email that there was an update on our case. I went to the website and it said we were receiving and RFE. A few days later (2 or 3) we got a 3-page RFE in the mail with 45 days in which to respond. About a week later we received a letter from the senator's office saying that they inquired into our case and found that we were under extensive background checks....-_- My personal feeling is that our file wasn't even looked at until they got the inquiry and then bam!, an RFE. But, who knows. I know many have made it through with less documentation than we had. I don't know why this is happening to us. We're both good people, come from good families, have good jobs, etc. It's very disheartening and now it's almost nine months and we are still waiting............I never in my wildest dreams expected this.....:(

That is disgusting... 1 year it will be and still no NOA2....I have already pre-contacted 2 senators and 2 congressmen in case of trouble. I am from California originally so I will contact all if USCIS drops the ball lol. It may or may not help........

Edited by darkdancer333

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.