^_^

Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona

206 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Let's pray for them. I'll add this to my list of assassination attempts on contemporary American politicians so other posters can quickly dismiss it as irrelevant.

Could you imagine if the attacker was a Muslim?

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

If the reports of the gunman's age are true, that's very, very young to be so cynical. Or of course the guy (assuming guy) could simply be a basket case. Either way, really bad news. Shooting people doesn't do anything in terms of changing things one perceives as having gone wrong - only dialogue can do that.

Was she newly elected this last November or re-elected?

Re-elected 3rd term.

Edited by Madame Cleo

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

And if the shooter is Muslim you can excommunicate him too!

You're free to start a foundation to support the cause of excommunicated Muslims. That would be a good fit for your infantile expertise re everything Islamic.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

re-elected. won a close race against a teabagger.

I just read where she was a strong advocate for immigration reform, more border patrol guards and stiffer fines on employers who hire illegals. However, she was in favor of stem cell research, raising the minimum wage, ending oil subsidies and a big proponent of solar energy.

What a sad and tragic day.

Edited by 8TBVBN

Filed: Timeline

MSNBC reports that Tucson's deputy city manager says that doctors expect Rep. Giffords to pull through.

eta: 3:44 PM ET State Senator: Giffords Through Surgery, 'Responding To Commands'

Via Brian Stelter, state senator Linda Lopez tells Fox, "We just heard that [Giffords] is responding to commands. She made it through surgery."

Name of gunman - jared laughner from arizona, 22 yrs of age.

Edited by \

She seemed to be pretty much in the middle politically. That seems to bother some people.

Maybe she wasn't conservative enough. Maybe she wasn't liberal enough. Or maybe it's because she's Jewish.

Or maybe it's just a random lunatic shooting.

It doesn't matter. What happened simply is not right.

You're free to start a foundation to support the cause of excommunicated Muslims. That would be a good fit for your infantile expertise re everything Islamic.

Just adding a little levity to a sad situation but it is way too early to assume this incident supports anything. Certainly not your thesis US politics is comparably violent to Pakistans.

Keep the personal attacks up though!

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS