Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

H1B Questions ...

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello Everyone :)

My friend is a mechanic ( 15 yrs experience and extensive training ) from Switzerland visited multiply times and was here a couple of years ago on a J1 visa returned home and has returned a few times since then.

He was offered a job at a dealership , because he specifically works on diesel trucks and that what they were looking for, he told the employer that he is willing to pay for the process he went to a few consultations and they are all charging over $4000.00, so I was thinking to we could maybe do it ourselves , the lawyers did state that everything looks great.

I guess we are trying to figure out where to start also we read somewhere that the company has to pay and it has to be done through a lawyer hired by the company , Is this true ?

Can someone give us a step by step idea of what to do ?

Thanks in Advance

07.28.07---------- Met Mr Jeffs

07.28.08 --------- Married Mr Jeffs

11.13.08 --------- Mailed AOS to Chicago

12.01.08 --------- Checks Cashed

12.08.08 --------- Received NOA1

12.11.08 --------- Received Biometrics

12.12.08 --------- Bio done

03.27.09 --------- Received EAD and AP

04.07.09 --------- Received Interview Letter

05.19.09 --------- Interview

05.21.09 --------- Card Production Ordered

05.26.09 --------- Welcome Letter Received


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

May be tricky to get, H1 visas are for bringing people with skill sets that are in short supply domestically, I don't think diesel truck mechanics are in short supply in the domestic work force.

Yes employer files the petition, and may have to make a case why they could not find a qualified worker domestically.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.



Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is some pretty good info:


Also, H1B is a limited # of visas - usually the yearly quota is full in a day or so of the application period opening.

There are other types of visas for work:


Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does he have a degree, does the job require a degree?

A mechanic would be a hard sell for a H1b, an engineer less so.

The Employer is required to pay for most of the fees, did not the Lawyers mention that?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...