4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

i hope i'm posting in the right forum. i'm new at this. i'm glad sometone told me abot vj. but someone else said that uscis monitors it. is that true? i'm not one to complain of vent. but what if i do? does uscis have time to monitor us? probbaly not. but just thought i'd ask.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't know about USCIS but some embassy employees do look at VJ.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

i hope i'm posting in the right forum. i'm new at this. i'm glad sometone told me abot vj. but someone else said that uscis monitors it. is that true? i'm not one to complain of vent. but what if i do? does uscis have time to monitor us? probbaly not. but just thought i'd ask.

Who cares and why care? You've got nothing to hide or be ashamed of, right?

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Always presume that the government is monitoring your online activities. There have been people who have been denied visas and green cards because of what they posted on their Facebook page. If you provide enough detailed information on VJ then a consular officer or USCIS immigration officer might be able to identify your case file based on that information. This is a sword that cuts both ways. If you reveal you've got red flags but don't have a sufficient explanation for them then you could potentially be drawing the CO or IO's attention to those red flags. On the other hand, if the information you provide makes it pretty clear that there are reasonable explanations for those red flags then posting on VJ could actually help your case.

One of the benefits of a resource like VJ is that it lets people know what are considered red flags by USCIS and specific consulates, and how to address them. One of the down sides is that it also lets USCIS and the consulates know when people have found effective ways of addressing those red flags, leaving USCIS and the consulates to come up with new tactics.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.