visabulletin

Feb 2011 visa bulletin

172 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

jj161: its hard to compare since these intervies could be for spouces of US citizens which dont have to wait for PD etc.

IT totally sucks that you were ready by end of october but wern't called for an itnerview even in December.

The other day I read a post from a F2A from India with a PD of 1 jan 2009, who complete his case at nvc in august and his wife had her interview 4th Nov 2010. That guy must have been FAST in sending his docs. My own PD is Sept 2008, |I'm hoping its current in April visa bulitin.

hi, i guess those cases ll fall under category 1. still i'm not sure.... lets hope for the best. my case was first completed on sep13th 2010, then they asked RFE and then again they closed it on oct 28th 2010.... then this retrogression disaster....

gud luck to u too dear.

Edited by jj161

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hi, i guess those cases ll fall under category 1. still i'm not sure.... lets hope for the best. my case was first completed on sep13th 2010, then they asked RFE and then again they closed it on oct 28th 2010.... then this retrogression disaster....

gud luck to u too dear.

i believe F2A is for spouses of permanent residents(LPR)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi guys,

(My time table will be shown when you click on my time table)

I don’t understand how the visa procedure works for F2A category.

After sending out form I-130, USCIS indicates that NVC will contact you if there is any visa availability in the coming 9? months. Also, NVC indicates that we should contact them before one year in order to confirm our interest in our cases.

So my theory was that NVC doesn’t contact the petitioner unless Visa bulletin date approaches my priority date and my theory corresponded to what I saw in 2010 visa bulletins. So NVC contacted me (PD sep2009) and we supplied all documents.then My case was in NVC when January, and February bulletin published and the retrogressed in priority dates happened.from that time my theory doesn't seem correct any more.

Right now I believe my case was completed in NVC and it should wait for a visa.

Here are my questions:

1-my PD is for sep.2009 and visa bulletin shows PD January 2008. If it really takes more than 1 year for my case to be called to the embassy, should I contact NVC before one year from the last correspondance with NVC, and if your answer is positive, what should I say? Just confirm that I’m still interested in my case?

when the case is complete in NVC, don’t you think there is no need to contact NVC at all during the following one year?

2-Think it takes 2, or 3 years before any visa becomes available for my case, does the embassy ask me to send a newer I-864? a newer tax return? (since all the information that NVC has, are out of date by the time of interview).

thanks in advance from the ardent members

Hi guys,

(My time table will be shown when you click on my time table)

I don't understand how the visa procedure works for F2A category.

After sending out form I-130, USCIS indicates that NVC will contact you if there is any visa availability in the coming 9? months. Also, NVC indicates that we should contact them before one year in order to confirm our interest in our cases.

So my theory was that NVC doesn't contact the petitioner unless Visa bulletin date approaches my priority date and my theory corresponded to what I saw in 2010 visa bulletins. So NVC contacted me (PD sep2009) and we supplied all documents.then My case was in NVC when January, and February bulletin published and the retrogressed in priority dates happened.from that time my theory doesn't seem correct any more.

Right now I believe my case was completed in NVC and it should wait for a visa.

Here are my questions:

1-my PD is for sep.2009 and visa bulletin shows PD January 2008. If it really takes more than 1 year for my case to be called to the embassy, should I contact NVC before one year from the last correspondance with NVC, and if your answer is positive, what should I say? Just confirm that I'm still interested in my case?

when the case is complete in NVC, don't you think there is no need to contact NVC at all during the following one year?

2-Think it takes 2, or 3 years before any visa becomes available for my case, does the embassy ask me to send a newer I-864? a newer tax return? (since all the information that NVC has, are out of date by the time of interview).

thanks in advance from the ardent members

1. NVC will schedule your interview once your PD become current...NO matter how much time to take to get your PD current, your petition will retained at NVC safely. Unless you become US citizen, you do not need to wait. No one else predict exact time for when PD will be current, but you could do some research on IV waiting list provided by DOS: http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/WaitingListItem.pdf

2. You have to update your I-864 affidavit of support, but you can bring the new one at interview time.(NOT necessary to send NVC)

Edited by Miami_Boy

US CITIZENSHIP

12-20-2012: SENT N-400 APPLICATION

12-21-2012: RECEIVED N-400 APPLICATION

12-27-2012: CHECK CASHED

12-28-2012: NOA RECEIVED

01-08-2013: BIO-METRIC COMPLETED

01-14-2013: INTERVIEW IN LINE FOR SCHEDULED

04-10-2013: INTERVIEW SCHEDULE AT 7:30 AM, TAMPA OFFICE...APPROVED:)))

04-23-2013: OATH CEREMONY AT TAMPA 1 PM...FINALLY USC.....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

1. NVC will schedule your interview once your PD become current...NO matter how much time to take to get your PD current, your petition will retained at NVC safely. Unless you become US citizen, you do not need to wait. No one else predict exact time for when PD will be current, but you could do some research on IV waiting list provided by DOS: http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/WaitingListItem.pdf

2. You have to update your I-864 affidavit of support, but you can bring the new one at interview time.(NOT necessary to send NVC)

Thanks Miami Boy,

So the embassy will ask me for a new i-864.

• 4 months later...
Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi, im a filipino,47 years old, i would like to ask about mg f2b case,my priority date is october 07,2005,how many years i will be waiting to process my papers?and what is the current priority date now?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hi, im a filipino,47 years old, i would like to ask about mg f2b case,my priority date is october 07,2005,how many years i will be waiting to process my papers?and what is the current priority date now?

current priority date is September 22, 2000. I am glad to say that the visa cut off dates moved up by 3 months every month between December 2010 and July 2011. IF the consistency remains the same then you will have about 1 year and 10 months if the trend continues to process your papers.

Edited by RICARDO4EVA2

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.