Grant-Hyunjung

Address Change

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I need to change the beneficiary's address. Its been one month since I filed. She will be moving at the end of Feburary.

How should I do this?

Thanks!

10/31/2010 - 12:05AM (Seoul Time) : Proposed, she said yes
11/1/2010 - 8:17PM (Seoul Time)   : Her father approved
12/3/2010 - 1:26PM (Alaska Time)  : 2lb I-129F package left my office
12/6/2010 - 8:39AM (Central Time) : Package arrived in Lewisville Texas
12/8/2010 - 9:12PM (Alaska Time)  : First USCIS text message
12/8/2010 - 9:12PM (Alaska Time)  : First USCIS e-mail notification, headed to CSC
12/8/2010 - 9:14PM (Alaska Time)  : Second USCIS e-mail notification
12/8/2010 - 9:15PM (Alaska Time)  : Second USCIS text message
12/9/2010 -                       : Check processed at JP Morgan
12/10/2010 -                      : Check processed at my bank
x/x/xxxx - Married?

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I need to change the beneficiary's address. Its been one month since I filed. She will be moving at the end of Feburary.

How should I do this?

Thanks!

I had the same question when my fiancee finished her contract in Taiwan and moved back to the Philippines 1.5 months after I filed. Everyone kept saying to file the AR-11 form for change of address, but the form kept asking for her POE. She wasn't here yet, so how could she have a POE. I believe that form is for a non-US citizen that is in the US, but I'm still confused on this and haven't been able to get a good answer.

I then called the USCIS and talked to someone. Wow. It took about an hour trying to explain what seems so simple. First the guy I talked to also said I should file AR-11 and he couldn't give me advise on filling out the form, I should seek a lawyer. Finally, after explaining that she is not in the US, for the 10th time, and my petition is still pending, he put me on hold to talk to ask someone else. He then came back and told me to send a letter to my local service center in Portland, Oregon, telling them of the change of address. I don't know where yours local service center would be.

I wrote the letter and just received a reply form them today. Here is what they said:

Thank you for correspondence received on 12/21/2010.

The California Service Center has been informed, via e-mail, of the updated address for [beneficiaries name].

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at the 1-800-375-5283.

After that, there was more that said the following:

Please remember: By law, every person who is not a U.S. citizen and who is over the age of 14 must submit Form AR-11 AND notify this office of their change of address, within 10 days from when they move (persons in "A" or "G" nonimmigrant status are exempt from this requirement). To notify this office of a move, visit our website at: www.uscis.gov or call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. The Form AR-11 can be downloaded from our website or you can call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 and we can order one for you. Instructions for filing the Form AR-11, including mailing instructions, are included on the Form.

This last part again makes me think we should have filed the AR-11 form. I'm still confused. I don't know how to answer the POE questions if we are supposed to file that form. When filling out the PDF form, there is a pull-down answer for these questions, and NA is not an option, nor do any of the other choices fit our circumstances. Plus, it's been way more than 10 days now. Why should they care if she has moved more than 10 days ago when her petition is still being processed. I wish I knew the right answer here.

Good luck. I hope this helps some.

-James

James and Cynthia

08-22-2008 - Met my wonderful wife in the Philippines.
03-21-2010 - I proposed to her in the Philippines.
09-07-2010 - I-129F filed for K-1 Visa.
09-12-2010 - NOA1 confirmation email received.
11-02-2010 - I visitied the Philippines again.

02-07-2011 - NOA2 email recieved. Approved.
03-22-2011 - Case at USEM.

04-15-2011 - Interview Date. She passed.
05-01-2011 - POE

06-25-2011 - We were married.

-Life has been great ever since.

Timeline

I just found another thread about this same topic. Someone there gave the same advice I did without having to file AR-11. Here is the link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/289275-change-of-address-after-noa-1/page__pid__4385195#entry4385195

In their advice, they stated they gave proof that she moved by showing copies of the plane tickets. I wasn't told to do that, so I just sent a letter along with a copy of our NOA1 letter. I also didn't have to change the consulate like they did because we knew about the change of address to come in the future, and put the correct consulate when I filed I-129F.

-James

James and Cynthia

05-01-2011 - POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You wait until you get your NOA-1. Then you call USCIS customer service at 1-800-375-5283. You tell them who you are what your applying for and that you need to make a change in address. If need be explain the Beneficiary moved one month after you sent packet off.

Timeline

You wait until you get your NOA-1. Then you call USCIS customer service at 1-800-375-5283. You tell them who you are what your applying for and that you need to make a change in address. If need be explain the Beneficiary moved one month after you sent packet off.

Calling them isn't good enough. When I called, I got conflicting information. First they said to file AR-11, but I explained why I didn't think that was correct because my fiancee in not in the US. Then they said I only need to mail a letter to my local service center. They certainly wouldn't do anything on the phone for me.

-James

James and Cynthia

05-01-2011 - POE

Timeline

Note that if you submit a signed Form AR-11 online without also updating your address on pending applications and petitions, you will still need to do so either by calling 1-800-375-5283 or by going online to do so at a later time.

That came from www.uscis.gov. It says you can do everything you need to to change an address right online.

Timeline

I'm confused now. I'm reading over the change address section on uscis.gov and there is really nothing I can find that says what you are to do if you need to change the beneficiaries address.

Timeline

It says US citizens do not have to file AR-11

My fiancee is not a US citizen. She is in the Philippines. I am simply taking care of her change of address for her. The OP's fiancee is also not in the US. I know what it says online about changing an address for a non US citizen. It says to notify the USCIS by calling the number and to also file AR-11 (which can be done online now). I have tried this. But how can you answer the POE questions on the AR-11 form if she's not in the US? Also, when I called the USCIS, as it states to do online, they could not give me a straight answer, but finally told me to mail a letter as I did.

-James

James and Cynthia

05-01-2011 - POE

Timeline

I'm confused now. I'm reading over the change address section on uscis.gov and there is really nothing I can find that says what you are to do if you need to change the beneficiaries address.

Join the crew. I'm confused too, and have been for 3 months about this. I have posted several times in the past, but never got any straight answers, usually being told to file AR-11. When I asked about the POE questions on that form, no one replied with answers.

I wish they USCIS was clearer on when to file the AR-11. They say you must file within 10 days if you are not a US citizen. That is not very clear. Do they mean non US citizen living in the US? Or any non US citizen with a pending application for a visa?

-James

James and Cynthia

05-01-2011 - POE

Timeline

My fiancee is not a US citizen. She is in the Philippines. I am simply taking care of her change of address for her. The OP's fiancee is also not in the US. I know what it says online about changing an address for a non US citizen. It says to notify the USCIS by calling the number and to also file AR-11 (which can be done online now). I have tried this. But how can you answer the POE questions on the AR-11 form if she's not in the US? Also, when I called the USCIS, as it states to do online, they could not give me a straight answer, but finally told me to mail a letter as I did.

-James

I basically was trying to tell him the best way to do it from the directions I recieved on my NOA-1, and it seemed easier than everything you were saying. Yet I have not been through the situation myself, and now see you were correct the whole time.

First would be call the number but that doesn't work, then would be to fill out a change of address online, but that doesn't work becuase there is no route for the beneficiary change of address. The best thing to do is mail in a letter.

I wonder if they make it so confusing on purpose sometimes :wacko:

Edited by Nicole-N-Nattoy

I was looking at information for this, myself, since my fiance' will probably be moving within the next two months (his current landlord is a jerk). This is what I was able to find, although it is a few years old.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/109963-beneficiary-change-of-address/

Benificiary is not in the USA as an Alien Resident, AR-11 is only for aliens in the USA.

Wait until after NOA2 and then when NVC has the case, you contact NVC and get address changed, or wait until NVC sends it to consulate, and contact DOS Visa services and get address changed.

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

My fiance has to change his address too. I have a lawyer (who I like, and am happy that I have despite VJ's despise of lawyers). My lawyer told me that we can file a change of address after the noa2.

9/24- I-129F received by CSC

9/27 NOA1 received in mail

9/28- Check Cashed

10/1- touched

2/23- RFE email

2/28- RFE hardcopy

3/7- NOA2!!!!!

3/28- Interview! APPROVED!

4/7 - Jimmy arrives in the USA!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.