soontobe

change of address after NOA 1

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

I am new here in VJ and i find this site really helpful for people like us who are in the process of dealing with USCIS. I am the beneficiary and currently working here in Abu Dhabi UAE. Due to some circumstances, i need to go back to my home country which is the Philippines maybe in a month from now. My Fiance just received the email from USCIS and i guess its the NOA 1 and as per the email the packet was sent to VSC already and we are now waiting for the hard copy. in the I129-f form we indicated that the visa will be processed to ABU DHABI US EMBASSY and now, we will need to transfer it to MANILA US EMBASSY. My questions are these:

1. How are we going to inform USCIS about this change at this stage of our application (NOA 1 received)? do we need to inform them now or wait till it arrives in NVC?

2. WIll this hurt or delay the process? affect the visa approval since we all know that middle east is a strict country?

Hope to hear from you guys and it will really be a great help for us!

Thanks a lot in advance!

L & X

- When I give God the Highest Glory, He gives me his deepest peace -

Timeline

Hi Everyone!

I am new here in VJ and i find this site really helpful for people like us who are in the process of dealing with USCIS. I am the beneficiary and currently working here in Abu Dhabi UAE. Due to some circumstances, i need to go back to my home country which is the Philippines maybe in a month from now. My Fiance just received the email from USCIS and i guess its the NOA 1 and as per the email the packet was sent to VSC already and we are now waiting for the hard copy. in the I129-f form we indicated that the visa will be processed to ABU DHABI US EMBASSY and now, we will need to transfer it to MANILA US EMBASSY. My questions are these:

1. How are we going to inform USCIS about this change at this stage of our application (NOA 1 received)? do we need to inform them now or wait till it arrives in NVC?

2. WIll this hurt or delay the process? affect the visa approval since we all know that middle east is a strict country?

Hope to hear from you guys and it will really be a great help for us!

Thanks a lot in advance!

hello, i am in the same situation. I used to be working in Bahrain and i was still there when we got our NOA1 copy. I came home in August coz i didnt wanna renew contract from work so when i came home my fiance had to send a letter to USCIS for my change of address and consulate to manila instead of Bahrain. I think its in the website on how to or otherwise you guys can always call them to make sure. I will have to ask my fiance on how he did it, but his letter should state proof that you travelled home, then new address your using & contact number. Good Luck

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Timeline

hello, i am in the same situation. I used to be working in Bahrain and i was still there when we got our NOA1 copy. I came home in August coz i didnt wanna renew contract from work so when i came home my fiance had to send a letter to USCIS for my change of address and consulate to manila instead of Bahrain. I think its in the website on how to or otherwise you guys can always call them to make sure. I will have to ask my fiance on how he did it, but his letter should state proof that you travelled home, then new address your using & contact number. Good Luck

Thank you so much for the information Ery!

Things are getting complicated here that's why i want to go home, but i just dont want any conflict either with the process nor delay it. DId you inform them immediately when you got to Philippines? PLease Please let me know how your fiance did it and what stage are you now? did everything went well? i hope it did.. good luck also!

speak soon.. :)

L & X

Timeline

hello & welcome.

he said he wrote them a letter with our info then my current address, a proof of my flight coming home, page of my passport with entry in Phil and my contact number. so far it went ok, although it took them 3 weeks to send us a confirmation that they received & updated it, im not sure if that caused the delay. we are now past our 5 month mark like most july filers thats why im getting so pissed & frustrated. but then again if you really intend to come home its better to change it now. a friend of mine did it too and they got their NOA2 after hitting the 5month mark.

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Timeline

hello & welcome.

he said he wrote them a letter with our info then my current address, a proof of my flight coming home, page of my passport with entry in Phil and my contact number. so far it went ok, although it took them 3 weeks to send us a confirmation that they received & updated it, im not sure if that caused the delay. we are now past our 5 month mark like most july filers thats why im getting so pissed & frustrated. but then again if you really intend to come home its better to change it now. a friend of mine did it too and they got their NOA2 after hitting the 5month mark.

oh sorry to hear that. anyway, this waiting and sacrificing will be worth it after. just be happy and pray. nothing is impossible with God. :)

again, thank you so much for the information, ill let my fiance know about this one so we can decide eventually. thank you so much for the help! I pray that you case will be processed the soonest time.

goodluck!

L & X

Timeline

hello & welcome.

I had to do the same thing for my fiancee when she moved from Taiwan to Philippines 1.5 months after we received NOA1. I mailed the letter to my local service center. It only took a couple weeks to get a responce to my letter. I just got it today. However, I'm still concerned about something. Here is what the letter said:

Thank you for correspondence received on 12/21/2010.

The California Service Center has been informed, via e-mail, of the updated address for [beneficiaries name].

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at the 1-800-375-5283.

Please remember: By law, every person who is not a U.S. citizen and who is over the age of 14 must submit Form AR-11 AND notify this office of their change of address, within 10 days from when they move (persons in "A" or "G" nonimmigrant status are exempt from this requirement). To notify this office of a move, visit our website at: www.uscis.gov or call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. The Form AR-11 can be downloaded from our website or you can call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 and we can order one for you. Instructions for filing the Form AR-11, including mailing instructions, are included on the Form.

This last part still confuses me. Are you sure we do not need to also file AR-11? I'm at 4 months since NOA1, so it is still too soon to know if everything works out well. I would also love to hear from someone who had the same circumstance but had successfully finished their journey so that I know the AR-11 form is not needed.

-James

James and Cynthia

08-22-2008 - Met my wonderful wife in the Philippines.
03-21-2010 - I proposed to her in the Philippines.
09-07-2010 - I-129F filed for K-1 Visa.
09-12-2010 - NOA1 confirmation email received.
11-02-2010 - I visitied the Philippines again.

02-07-2011 - NOA2 email recieved. Approved.
03-22-2011 - Case at USEM.

04-15-2011 - Interview Date. She passed.
05-01-2011 - POE

06-25-2011 - We were married.

-Life has been great ever since.

Timeline

I had to do the same thing for my fiancee when she moved from Taiwan to Philippines 1.5 months after we received NOA1. I mailed the letter to my local service center. It only took a couple weeks to get a responce to my letter. I just got it today. However, I'm still concerned about something. Here is what the letter said:

This last part still confuses me. Are you sure we do not need to also file AR-11? I'm at 4 months since NOA1, so it is still too soon to know if everything works out well. I would also love to hear from someone who had the same circumstance but had successfully finished their journey so that I know the AR-11 form is not needed.

-James

i know its confusing, but AR 11 form is for the ones that are already in the US. i will try to get intouch with a fren of mine who did the same and just got their NOA2 to verify morewhistling.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.