angel475

what is your experiance?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

hello!!

i am fairly new to VJ, but i have found very helpful information, thank you!!

i do have one question though. i have been trying to find what the average timeline is for an australian benificiary and american fiancee. my K-1 is off to the Dallas center, i live in Denver, Colorado and my fiancee lives in Brisbane, Australia. he will be going to the consulate in Melbourne.

does anyone know what the average timeline is for this specific situation? Thank you in advance!!

Check out the Regional section of the forums. Lots of good info there!

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello!!

i do have one question though. i have been trying to find what the average timeline is for an australian benificiary and american fiancee. my K-1 is off to the Dallas center, i live in Denver, Colorado and my fiancee lives in Brisbane, Australia. he will be going to the consulate in Melbourne.

does anyone know what the average timeline is for this specific situation? Thank you in advance!!

He will be going to Sydney... not Melbourne

Immigrant (including K and V) visas

For information on immigrant visas an services provided to Permanent Residents of the United States, please refer to the website of the U.S. Embassy in Canberra. Only the U.S. Consulate General in Sydney processes immigrant visas in Australia, but complete information on the services offered at each Consulate is available on the U.S. Embassy website.

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

hello!!

He wont be going to Melbourne all interviews are done in Sydney at Martin Place. As you have no time line not sure when you sent off your 129F but if it is a clean cut case and you get no RFE's it will take approx 5-6 months. We started our 129F 22nd Feb 2010 and all approved in June 2010 arrived in US 4th September. So you have some waiting to do yet. Good luck

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

G'day...

Im from Brisbane and mid Jan 2010 my american fiance applied for my k1.....he was told apprx 3 mths...

Well we ended up having to get the local member involved as it seemed to take forever and considering my position at work required updates of my intending departure....so too did my kids need to have some guidelines and idea...they had to start school here in the U>S .eventually we got the approval 25th of May 2010

Then I quickly gave 6 weeks notice at work...kids finished school and didnt start back at the new term, and i quickly booked flights on tigerair from gold coast to sydney rtn...I got a great price but tell your fiance not to take a suitcase cos youll be charged extra...the car parking at gold coast airport is cheaper too....

I stayed in a hotel not close to Martin Place - it was cheaper and the cab fare to the interview place was only 10 bucks or so....you are best to fly down the day before....o'niting then attend interview the next day and I think the interstate interviews are all done late around 11am ish...They only conduct interviews on the tuesday and you cant take bags and stuff in with you so leave them at the hotel ask them for a late check out...

from the 25th may approval it took about 2 weeks before they got back to me and then i sent my bits and pieces down to them as quickly as possible....lots of running around required just to get to that stage...police reports can be started asap at the brisbane city watch house and take 2 weeks....but if you go to the federal police they are half the price and take 1 month....so get fiance to do that...

the doctors in brisbane charge a fortune apprx 460 bucks where as the sydney ones are half that price...worth considering especially if your fiance is heading for sydney on business....

interview date was around early august and i came over mid august... so 8 months is what you should expect before you guys are together again....Good Luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.