one...two...tree

Right-Wing Extremism: The Village Where the Neo-Nazis Rule

139 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Our local community college has decent programs in Computer Science and Biology. Another community college in the area has a good Accounting program. You just gotta find the right program, most community college programs are #######.

I'll accept that. Our community/junior college is one of the better rated ones,and well funded, but then again, about a third of the students worked for HP. Even still, it was not of the same caliber as even the nearby state university.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Really? No absorption is required, nor is it recommended. All you have to do is regurgitate the professors' unbiased teachings at the appropriate time and place. However, at other times, some discussion may be encouraged. Remember, I went to one of the most liberal universities around, and I came away untainted. Community college is a joke. :lol:

My Free Enterprise teacher in High School was also a Political Science teacher at the local community college I later attended, and he was a Milton Friedman loving, free-market capitalist who made us students watch propaganda videos of Friedman professing the virtues of a free market. In spite of that, however, I learned a great deal about the subject and never once felt like my teacher was forcing me to adhere to his POV.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Of course it was condescending because it's pretty stupid to ask such a rhetorical question about why political ideologies fall on a spectrum on a public forum like this one, particularly if the question has plagued for so long. That's the trouble with online arguments - people can say some of the stupidest sh!t and get easily offended when someone calls them on it.

Actually I'm not offended. I'm just asking the same question. For some reason my question is so stupid and offensive that you can't answer it. I mean I don't really expect some great answer but I would like to hear someones thoughts on the topic, apparently no one has any thoughts on it. Most of the people who don't have any thoughts on it don't respond but for some reason it really makes you angry.

07/28/2009 Met on LDSlinkup.com

09/04/2009 Relationship officially started

06/11/2010 Met in Philippines

06/30/2010 Traveled to Singapore together

07/05/2010 I had to go back to the US

07/22/2010 I-129F mailed

07/24/2010 Delivery confirmation says I-129F received. Waiting for NOA1

08/02/2010 Check Cashed still waiting for NOA1

08/05/2010 NOA 1 received!!!!!!!!!!! (dated 07/29/2010)

12/21/2010 NOA 2 received!!!!!!!!!!! (dated 12/14/2010)

12/29/2010 NVC letter

01/12/2011 Packet 3!!!!!

02/02/2011 Sent checklist back to embassy....Waiting for phone call....

03/03/2011 She had her interview...Lacking of evidence....told her what to get and told her to come back

03/30/2011 She went back to the embassy....This time we had everything...K-1 approved; not in hand yet

Even still, it was not of the same caliber as even the nearby state university.

They usually aren't. And the HS grads who go straight to community college are usually not of the caliber necessary to get into the nearby state university either. Community college does give them the opportunity to "get there" if they wish. I'd much rather see community colleges expanded so they take in all the remedial kids the state universities end up taking (due to the diversity mandate) and leave the state university alone.

Timeline

Well I think community colleges are a great thing and serve their purpose,. Society is better off because of them. I attended community college in lieu of my Junior and Senior years of high school. It was a great experience for me.

07/22/2010 I-129F mailed

12/29/2010 NVC letter

01/12/2011 Packet 3!!!!!

03/03/2011 She had her interview...Lacking of evidence....told her what to get and told her to come back

03/30/2011 She went back to the embassy....This time we had everything...K-1 approved; not in hand yet

Timeline

Actually I'm not offended. I'm just asking the same question. For some reason my question is so stupid and offensive that you can't answer it. I mean I don't really expect some great answer but I would like to hear someones thoughts on the topic, apparently no one has any thoughts on it. Most of the people who don't have any thoughts on it don't respond but for some reason it really makes you angry.

The stupidity isn't in your question, but how and where you go about looking for the answer. If you're at a university, why not stop into the political science department and see if you can corner a professor to ask him the question. If you had a medical question, would you go to a local bar asking patrons for the answer?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Well i'm not interested in charts. I'm just honestly asking a question that has plagued me for years. I used to just accept that fascism is an extreme form of right-wingism. But one day i questioned that. I asked myself "why is it that as you slide from the left to the right along the political scale you start with tons of government control and end up with limited government control and then without warning you suddenly hit fascism which is a system full of government control." I'm not going to apologize or excuse myself for thinking instead of going with the status quo.

i'd suspect that it might make more sense if it was not in a linear scale, but in a circle.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Well I think community colleges are a great thing and serve their purpose,. Society is better off because of them. I attended community college in lieu of my Junior and Senior years of high school. It was a great experience for me.

Did you taking any political science courses?

Timeline

Did you taking any political science courses?

No, I took an American Government course but I don't know if that counts.

Let's be civil. I don't expect to find the answer to my question on this forum I just wanted to hear your thoughts. I only asked the question because this thread is stating that fascism is right-wing extremism. The thread stated this. So I said "this is why i think it isn't, tell me why you think it is." I think that pissed people off. I kind of expected that because people on internet forums are pretty touchy. But I am surprised that no one has even attempted to explain how right-wing extremism is linked to fascism.

07/22/2010 I-129F mailed

12/29/2010 NVC letter

01/12/2011 Packet 3!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

They usually aren't. And the HS grads who go straight to community college are usually not of the caliber necessary to get into the nearby state university either. Community college does give them the opportunity to "get there" if they wish. I'd much rather see community colleges expanded so they take in all the remedial kids the state universities end up taking (due to the diversity mandate) and leave the state university alone.

Hmmm. It might have to do with money too. It's cheaper to start at comm college. I started at community college because it was more convenient and closer to where I lived(had financial aid for classes but I couldn't afford to live on campus at the university that was an hour away). I did well in H.S.

Edited by chri'stina

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Hmmm. It might have to do with money too. It's cheaper to start at comm college. I started at community college because it was more convenient and closer to where I lived(had financial aid for classes but I couldn't afford to live on campus at the university that was an hour away). I did well in H.S.

True, money is also a factor. Although often if you do well a state university will pay your way.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

True, money is also a factor. Although often if you do well a state university will pay your way.

Yeah true. But not everyone has the knowledge of how everything works or support for the best possible steps considering I don't come from a line of degree holders. lol. I made all the decisions as a 16/17 year old, started college at 17. Obviously now I could have made better choices if I did it all over again.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Timeline

No, I took an American Government course but I don't know if that counts.

Let's be civil. I don't expect to find the answer to my question on this forum I just wanted to hear your thoughts. I only asked the question because this thread is stating that fascism is right-wing extremism. The thread stated this. So I said "this is why i think it isn't, tell me why you think it is." I think that pissed people off. I kind of expected that because people on internet forums are pretty touchy. But I am surprised that no one has even attempted to explain how right-wing extremism is linked to fascism.

Neo-nazis (or even Nazis) embrace Statism because their ideals (ethnic purity) can only be realized through a strong, authoritarian government. There are common traits among the various political ideologies, but that doesn't necessarily mean that one will lead to another. Fascism is authoritarian and Right Wing Extremism leans toward a strong authoritarian government, but so does Left Wing Extremism. They are essentially two sides of the same coin. As to the nuts and bolts of how and why it happens to be that way - a satisfactory answer would be at least an essay in length, and would probably provoke more questions than answers, which is why I recommend taking a course and talking with a political science professor. Why not satisfy your curiosity in a class room setting where you can openly ask or challenge your professor on the conventional meanings of political ideologies?

I was a reentry student. I did well in High School, taking all the advanced and college prep courses. When I graduated, I went a different direction. I didn't go to college until I was 26, except for a course here and there, that I never completed. Like you said, the junior college option was less expensive, and more than adequate for the lower division courses I took preparing for the university. I was able to challenge some of the course requirements that wouldn't transfer, and that cut down on some of the time playing catch-up when it came time to finish my four year degree at the university.