Beauty for Ashes

Family member s wife lost family in bombng in Egypt

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My Irish cousin is married to an Egyptian copt. Her Uncle was killed in Egypt in the recent bombing. Our family is trying to make sense of this terrible tragedy.

Please pray for peace in Egypt, what ever religion you are.

My cousins wife is torn apart. It was so senseless what happened

Events in Alexandria

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

And it did not make any sense to what happen to Iraqi Christians just weeks ago...that time I did not lose one person but many people...whenever I turned my head I heard of another loss...My dad's cousin lost her brother in law and his son..One of our family friend lost her mom and brother.. and my other friend lost his cousin, his wife and un-born child...

It is Sad to see what life had turned into these days.. Blood shed does not seem to matter to anyone no more.

Just a Sad start for 2011...

" She's my kind of rain"

And it did not make any sense to what happen to Iraqi Christians just weeks ago...that time I did not lose one person but many people...whenever I turned my head I heard of another loss...My dad's cousin lost her brother in law and his son..One of our family friend lost her mom and brother.. and my other friend lost his cousin, his wife and un-born child...

It is Sad to see what life had turned into these days.. Blood shed does not seem to matter to anyone no more.

Just a Sad start for 2011...

My cousins live in Trenton and he is in the military. Shes a really gorgeous and sweet girl and surprisingly, her family was not hard on my Irish cousin marrying in. Of course he converted to marry her ( from Catholic to Copt) I was really shocked to log into facebook and see that her Uncle was killed. I have no idea in my mind what it must be like to be afraid to go to church and they have to be really brave to keep wanting to go on with their lives under the threat of being killed in their church or attending services. Whats so sad is on Christmas she posted" this was the best christmas ever" and had just married my cousin in the spring. She was looking foward to a brand new happy life and now her family has been torn apart by senseless extremism.

I am sorry Batta...so sorry

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It is hard for people here to understand these types of killings. My husband is Nigerian and it seems to be a holiday pastime to bomb religious buildings. It is worse this year with the elections in the near future. Why the British ever thought joining such religiously opposed people into a single government was a good idea is beyond me.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
:crying:

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

This bombing was at my sister in law's church. It was just luck that she and her husband and 6 children where not hurt. It just amazes me how many people did not have a comment for this thread. Whenever it comes to the attacks on the Copts, in their own country, not many have anything to say. Even if you believe the ridiculous ideas of the radical islamist or not, many of you have nothing to say. That just sickens me.

This bombing was at my sister in law's church. It was just luck that she and her husband and 6 children where not hurt. It just amazes me how many people did not have a comment for this thread. Whenever it comes to the attacks on the Copts, in their own country, not many have anything to say. Even if you believe the ridiculous ideas of the radical islamist or not, many of you have nothing to say. That just sickens me.

Sandy,

My American cousin is married to a copt. Maybe your husbands family knows him.His name was Fayez and its her dads family from Alexandra

I think the reason people dont comment on it is because they either dont really know about it or they just havent seen or experienced the suffering.I think its like anything else. Its hard to deal with things that are going on right under your nose sometimes because then you have to start answering bigger questions. People will have to see bad things face to face before they believe that it exists and often when they just see it in the news, its not real to them.

The very person that I was talking about in a previous post that was told dont eat at Americans house at Christmas by some very strict people was at a movie today and discovered after being bullied about not having a beard that perhaps the people he was hanging around were a little extreme for his taste. No one could tell him that.

He had to find that out for himself. Life is like that. If someone tells you something, you often dont believe it. If you find out for yourself, you find out that maybe who you thought was right was wrong and the very thing you feared the most wasnt so bad...

We should all do our best no matter what happens to us to offer forgiveness and love. The only thing that can cure hate,extremism and abuse is pure love. Its very hard to offer it when people slice your world to pieces... I give up on being mad or bitter because all it hurts is the person that feels that way. People know the truth inside about what is just or not just. Its just their ability to speak up for people that are brutalised in the face of criticism of the masses that makes them different. Each one of us has our prejudices.. I definitely have some issues I am working through because of bad experiences. I fight each day to try to not be mad about things but I still slip

Thats whats inside all of us.. Some pre existing bad experience that for us, can color an entire group of people with one stroke because someone did us wrong. People dont speak out sometimes because they are afraid of mob rule shooting them down. Some dont speak out because its not immediately affecting them , so they dont care..

If everyone howled at every injustice, every act of barbarism, every act of unkindness, then we would be taking the first step towards a real humanity.

Nelson DeMille

Edited by Hanging in there

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Oh they know about it and they know who is responsible for it, they just do not want to admit it or deal with the situation. They want to keep the blinders on and pretend to justify their choices.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Oh they know about it and they know who is responsible for it, they just do not want to admit it or deal with the situation. They want to keep the blinders on and pretend to justify their choices.

Who is responsible for it? You mean terrorists? Not sure why anyone would not want to admit that. I don't think I like what you're implying about the posters in this forum.

Very tragic what happened. But kind of scary that if you don't say it outright it is assumed that you are not sympathetic to the victims!

Frankly, the #1 reason this thread has had a lack of response is likely who posted it. Hanging In There's threads often turn into train wrecks and many people no longer want to be a part of it (sorry, kat, but I think this is true).

Who is responsible for it? You mean terrorists? Not sure why anyone would not want to admit that. I don't think I like what you're implying about the posters in this forum.

Very tragic what happened. But kind of scary that if you don't say it outright it is assumed that you are not sympathetic to the victims!

Frankly, the #1 reason this thread has had a lack of response is likely who posted it. Hanging In There's threads often turn into train wrecks and many people no longer want to be a part of it (sorry, kat, but I think this is true).

Yes, Jenn, just call me trainwreck girl

I am so glad that I did and do post because I get tons of pms with things people dont feel comfortable posting on the boards and its a great way for all of us to reach other and we do.

There is no easy way for many to condemn the militant ranks withing their religion that have now hijacked and defined it.

The best way to combat militancy is education and exposure to the very cultures they despise. There was a huge rise in anti christian sentiment this year and very little international reporting on it. Its just not news to most and the minorities are too small to be noticed.

Figaro did a huge section on church bombings this year. You dont have to be anti muslim to be anti islamist violence. The problem is people are smashed down any time they take a stand to do whats right and this especially affects moderate muslims. They struggle to retain their cultural identity and its hard for them to speak up I think. I think CAIR released a statement but I didnt read much in condemnation about this

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Nope, not much in condemnation.

Just thousands of average ordinary Egyptians of all stripes risking their lives to act as human shields on Christmas.

Just arabic language message boards being overwhelmed by debate and discourse on the issue.

Just major Egyptian figures like Amr Khaled openly calling for dialogue and trying to organize events to address this disgusting happening, and al Azhar going along with him.

Just the arabic language independent press and blogosphere adressing this issue and calling for change.

Nope, not much condemnation if you don't look.

And of course, the stellar response of the Egyptian government to the whole mess, including the torture death of a suspect and the mass roundup of "salafis" in Alexandria.

Nope, nothing to see here, move along, move along.

:whistle:

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Nope, not much in condemnation.

Just thousands of average ordinary Egyptians of all stripes risking their lives to act as human shields on Christmas.

Just arabic language message boards being overwhelmed by debate and discourse on the issue.

Just major Egyptian figures like Amr Khaled openly calling for dialogue and trying to organize events to address this disgusting happening, and al Azhar going along with him.

Just the arabic language independent press and blogosphere adressing this issue and calling for change.

Nope, not much condemnation if you don't look.

Thank you for posting that. It wasnt reported in the US news. It important to know whats going on over here and unless there is dialog , no one will know....

Thank you

And of course, the stellar response of the Egyptian government to the whole mess, including the torture death of a suspect and the mass roundup of "salafis" in Alexandria.

Nope, nothing to see here, move along, move along.

:whistle:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.