7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Guys,

I am really getting curious as to when I should expect my NOA2? I finished my 5 month mark few days ago and put in a request as a lot of you may have done the same.

Is there anything else I should be doing? My timeline is as follows:

I-129F sent - 7/23/2010

NOA1 received - 7/28/2010

Touched - 10/3/2010

After putting a request, they said someone will contact me within 30 days, does it really work??

Thanks for your help.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

many july filer are in the sme boat, they say 5 months not always accurate, i belive very soon, maybe between now and feb i hope i'm right, good luck to you,

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The service request is nothing more than a device to get you to go away for 30 days. It is worth ZERO.

The good news is that the part you are really interested in, the NOA2, is not far behind, probably some time in the next few weeks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

It seems service requests CAN help. People have recently made service requests and found out that their petition HAD previously been approved, they just hadnt got the NOA2.

Good luck! Get onto your local senator too.

Nick (USC) and Amy (UKC)

03/08 - Met at University in Albuquerque, NM

08/08 - Back to UK for a few years of travelling UK>US!

10/10 - Wedding Day!

s88ndknc8v.png

USCIS

11/16/10: I-130 package mailed

11/18/10: Express Mail tracking shows delivered

11/23/10: Online banking shows check cleared!

11/26/10: Touched

11/29/10: NOA1 arrives!(dated as 11/18/10)

03/17/11: Touched

04/08/11: I-130 APPROVAL!!

141 days from NOA1 to NOA2

NVC

27/04/11: Emailed Choice of Agent form

~{gap as I spent the summer in England}~

03/11/11: Paid AOS and IV fees

04/11/11: AOS and IV fees shown as PAID

08/11/11: AOS Packet sent

09/11/11: IV Packet sent

18/11/11: RFE received requesting AOS packet (which had already been sent)

21/11/11: RFE received requesting 2010 tax return

22/11/11: Sent 2010 tax return

29/11/11: CASE COMPLETE!!!

26 days through NVC

EMBASSY

10/12/11: Medical @ Bentnick Mansions

30/01/12: Interview @ 9am [APPROVED!!]

01/02/12: Passport with visa inside, and medical packet arrive via courier

02/03/12: Flight to Denver!

Timeline

Thanks, but is it worth contacting my senator for this issue?

When I call them, can I speak with an immigration officer?? I asked them to speak with an immigration officer they said I can do that only by going to a local USCIS office. They are so screwed up and inefficient that it is beyond my imagination.

I don't know where to get answers?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

If / when you do call them back, please report back with the conversation and details, or send me a PM. I'm interested to know.

We're about to pass our 5 month mark and I plan on calling to file a service request first. I will more than likely make a second service request as well before contacting my congressman.

What I keep telling myself is... to be polite, respectful and DO NOT lose my cool. While I'm not happy (among many) that it has taken this long, they are after all in control of the situation.

GL

Filed I-129F CSC ~~~~~ 3 August 2010

NOA-1 Received ~~.~~~ 6 August 2010

Called CSC @ 5 mo mk ~ 6 January 2011

**CSC added 21 days to normal processing period***

Service Call ~~~~.~~~~ 27 January 2011

NOA-2 APPROVED! ~~ 27 January 2011

NVC Received ~~~~~~~ 1 February 2011

Embassy Received ~.~~ 8 February 2011

Timeline

Basically once you call them and if you are out of 5 month mark, you have to put a service request. They will give you a confirmation number and tell you someone will contact you within 30 days, that's it. So after that you have to wait and watch.

So I don't know what I should do next since I already put in service request, and calling the congressman, will that help at all?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.