jb&np

Questions about fees

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Gary - Thanks for the information. I have read a variety of your posts in the area for Russia and Ukraine. Still trying to learn all the acronyms you guys use in that area, I am prior military so I am used to acronyms just learning a new set now. Should be an FAQ for just the acronyms on the site. :)

The RoC fees are $545 each then for total $1625. The $80 for the biometrics fee would be needed at the time of AOS not RoC correct? That is when it is needed for the finance from what I have read.

Any ideas on how much the translation will cost? Is it usually a price per page or some kind of hourly rate? Say I have 30 (random number) documents in Russian/Ukrainian that I want translated, how long should I expect that to take? Anyone have a translator service they have used before in Kiev or preferrably in Dnipropetrovsk?

Thanks again for the much needed help everyone.

John

The RoC fee is $545 for the petition. The petition can be used for multiple people, spouse and children. I paid $625 for Alla and Pasha for RoC (Removal of conditions) Sergey has to go later because he arrived later and his green card was received about 9 months later than Alla & Pasha so he will also cost $545, but if everyone files at once then the fee for each additional person is only $80

AOS (adjustment of Status) requires a separate application for each at $1010 each OR $600 for a child under age 14 filed at the same time as the parent immigrant.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The RoC fees are $545 each then for total $1625. The $80 for the biometrics fee would be needed at the time of AOS not RoC correct? That is when it is needed for the finance from what I have read.

John

no, RoC fee's are $545 plus a biometric fee for each.. so for three removing conditions at the same time would be $785.. ($545 + $240 (3 * $80)). A biometric fee is needed just about anytime you interact with the USCIS starting with AOS and thereafter...

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

no, RoC fee's are $545 plus a biometric fee for each.. so for three removing conditions at the same time would be $785.. ($545 + $240 (3 * $80)). A biometric fee is needed just about anytime you interact with the USCIS starting with AOS and thereafter...

The fees changed. The filing I-751 fee is now $505 plus 85 for biometrics.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

The RoC fee is $545 for the petition. The petition can be used for multiple people, spouse and children. I paid $625 for Alla and Pasha for RoC (Removal of conditions) Sergey has to go later because he arrived later and his green card was received about 9 months later than Alla & Pasha so he will also cost $545, but if everyone files at once then the fee for each additional person is only $80

AOS (adjustment of Status) requires a separate application for each at $1010 each OR $600 for a child under age 14 filed at the same time as the parent immigrant.

The filing fee for the I-485 is now $985 plus $85 for biometrics, or $1070 total. Children under 14 pay only the $985 but no biometric fee if filing with parents. No discount on the filing fee anymore.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

That is good to know, I hadn't read about the RoC yet so I thought it was $545 for each. But I just checked and the I-751 is $505 now as Pushbrk states. Also, thanks for the info about the biometric fee.

Edited by jb&np

Timeline

The filing fee for the I-485 is now $985 plus $85 for biometrics, or $1070 total. Children under 14 pay only the $985 but no biometric fee if filing with parents. No discount on the filing fee anymore.

I just checked http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3faf2c1a6855d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD and it still says 'For applicants under 14 years of age:Filing with the I-485 application of at least one parent have a fee total of $635'. It has a published date of 11/23/2010 so it should be the latest and greatest document.

Timeline

I just checked http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3faf2c1a6855d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD and it still says 'For applicants under 14 years of age:Filing with the I-485 application of at least one parent have a fee total of $635'. It has a published date of 11/23/2010 so it should be the latest and greatest document.

That's correct. I missed the word "independently" and didn't read further. Good job.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

That's correct. I missed the word "independently" and didn't read further. Good job.

I appreciate your help, I just double-checked after you mentioned the difference from my notes. Your help and others have already corrected a few things for me already. Hopefully, I will be able to return the favor to others. Thanks again.

Timeline

My check written October 1 was for $625 for two people. They have since BOTH received their 1 year extensions and BOTH had their biometrics taken on November 17th. I have a receipt for both. Biometrics letters for both, stamped and signed biometrics receipts for both. Had the check been the wrong amount it would have been rejected. The $545 INCLUDES the biometric fee for ONE person. The $80 is for each ADDITIONAL person. At least that is how I read it and paid it and have been processed so far.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

The fees changed. The filing I-751 fee is now $505 plus 85 for biometrics.

Thewse feews apparently changed after I filed, so I apologize for any confusion regarding that. And by the time ytou get to the RoC two years + from now, they may change again. But at any rate, it is not $545 or $505 for EACH person.

Looks like now it is $590 for ONE person plus $85 for each addl. Am I reading that right for now?

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Thewse feews apparently changed after I filed, so I apologize for any confusion regarding that. And by the time ytou get to the RoC two years + from now, they may change again. But at any rate, it is not $545 or $505 for EACH person.

Looks like now it is $590 for ONE person plus $85 for each addl. Am I reading that right for now?

That's correct and yes, expect it to change by the time you get there if you haven't even filed the petition yet.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

That's correct and yes, expect it to change by the time you get there if you haven't even filed the petition yet.

There are still three categories of status adjustment where if an under 14 child files concurrently with the parent the fee is $635. Is not K-1 still one of those categories?

YMMV

Timeline

There are still three categories of status adjustment where if an under 14 child files concurrently with the parent the fee is $635. Is not K-1 still one of those categories?

Yes, it's one of those categories.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Gary - Thanks for the information. I have read a variety of your posts in the area for Russia and Ukraine. Still trying to learn all the acronyms you guys use in that area, I am prior military so I am used to acronyms just learning a new set now. Should be an FAQ for just the acronyms on the site. :)

Any ideas on how much the translation will cost? Is it usually a price per page or some kind of hourly rate? Say I have 30 (random number) documents in Russian/Ukrainian that I want translated, how long should I expect that to take? Anyone have a translator service they have used before in Kiev or preferrably in Dnipropetrovsk?

Thanks again for the much needed help everyone.

John

Translation fees will vary. Alla does translations and has fixed prices for common one-page documents. Birth certificates, police certificates, etc. Other types of translation are done on a quoted basis but it is not an hourly rate per se. She does transcripts, contracts, proposals etc. for various clients. She usually has a 1 week turn around or less and that is working it into her school schedule. Again depends on the translator. Simple documents could be ready in a few hours.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.