Hip-Hop

RFE RESPONSE! - Does it go always go like this?!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hi guys, :thumbs:

We've submitted my AOS PACKAGE in early November.

We received RFE on Dec 3rd, BUT WHAT they requested was already in the package. I'm thinking maybe it gets split up into different departments and one department was too lazy to ask the other department if they had it already, perhaps? But we did mail off what they were requesting on the same day we received the letter. :whistle:

However, we haven't received any PROGRESS NOTICE after that until now. Which has been more than 3 weeks!!

My case status on the USCIS WEBSITE is still posted "REQUEST FOR EVIDENCE", which we were expecting to see an update to "REQUEST FOR EVIDENCE RESPONSE REVIEW," so that at least we know that they had received our response.

But still nothing :crying::crying::crying:

We tried calling the USCIS Customer Service Center, but they said, they can't verify anything about the receipt of RFE evidence we sent in, and asked us to wait for 60 days and check back after that. The original paper said we had 80 something days to send in the evidence to them, that they are requesting.

Have any of you guys had the same experience before??????? What should we do in the situation like this??????

Thank you in advance for your much needed help and guidance :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

05/02/08 -- MET ONLINE

06/27/10 -- ARRIVED IN USA ON B2 TOURING VISA

08/09/10 -- GOT MARRIED

11/02/10 -- FILED FOR A.O.S

11/09/10 -- N.O.A

11/10/10 -- CHECKS CASHED

11/20/10 -- RECEIVED BIOMETRICS APT.

12/03/10 -- R.F.E

12/03/10 -- MAILED OUT RESPONSE FOR R.F.E

12/10/10 -- BIOMETRICS COMPLETED

01/03/11 -- RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER

01/14/11 -- E.A.D APPROVED

01/19/11 -- E.A.D RECEIVED IN MAIL

01/20/11 -- FILED FOR SOCIAL SECURITY

01/28/11 -- SOCIAL SECURITY RECEIVED IN MAIL

02/02/11 -- INTERVIEW DAY - IN & OUT IN EXACTLY 5 MIN - "PRAISE GOD" - GREEN-CARD APPROVED - CARD MAILED OUT

02/11/11 -- GREEN CARD ARRIVED IN MAIL TODAY 9 DAYS AFTER INTERVIEW, HE SAID IT WOULD BE HERE IN 7 BUT IT TOOK 9, WHO CARES RIGHT :)

It is the not their responsibility to make copies of things in your packet for seperate forms. It is your responsibility to see that each form has the necessary evidence included with it.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hi amykathleen2005 thank you for your quick reply... "However," if you read my post correctly you will see where I stated that "WHAT THEY REQUESTED WAS ALREADY IN THE PACKAGE" :bonk:

My question was Have any of you guys had the same experience before??????? What should we do in the situation like this?????? As far as what they requested in the package we made several very detailed title pages of what was included in each folder as requested by them. :thumbs: We read each form multiple times and what they requested was "ALREADY" in the folder of the package for that form.. he he :dance: :dance:

I'm just seeking guidance on what to do now and since there has been too long of a wait or delay in response from them. And..LIKE I STATED BEFORE: If anybody has had the same experience, or what should we do now???) :innocent: :innocent:

Thanks so much in advance for ALL YOUR HELP AND GUIDANCE :P :P

Edited by Hip-Hop

05/02/08 -- MET ONLINE

06/27/10 -- ARRIVED IN USA ON B2 TOURING VISA

08/09/10 -- GOT MARRIED

11/02/10 -- FILED FOR A.O.S

11/09/10 -- N.O.A

11/10/10 -- CHECKS CASHED

11/20/10 -- RECEIVED BIOMETRICS APT.

12/03/10 -- R.F.E

12/03/10 -- MAILED OUT RESPONSE FOR R.F.E

12/10/10 -- BIOMETRICS COMPLETED

01/03/11 -- RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER

01/14/11 -- E.A.D APPROVED

01/19/11 -- E.A.D RECEIVED IN MAIL

01/20/11 -- FILED FOR SOCIAL SECURITY

01/28/11 -- SOCIAL SECURITY RECEIVED IN MAIL

02/02/11 -- INTERVIEW DAY - IN & OUT IN EXACTLY 5 MIN - "PRAISE GOD" - GREEN-CARD APPROVED - CARD MAILED OUT

02/11/11 -- GREEN CARD ARRIVED IN MAIL TODAY 9 DAYS AFTER INTERVIEW, HE SAID IT WOULD BE HERE IN 7 BUT IT TOOK 9, WHO CARES RIGHT :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I am in a similar situation.

I had a request for evidence for proof of income from joint sponsor.

I had included what I 'thought' they were asking for with my original submission. I included the W2's and last tax return. I learned later from this site and other peoples experiences that this is not sufficient. I should have included a letter from employer, 6 months worth of pay stubs, and an IRS tax transcript. I submitted this 2 weeks ago, and lost my delivery confirmation number so I also do not know if it arrived, and the status online is still request for evidence with no date change.

You would have to explain what evidence they requested, and what you included in your submission as proof and someone here might know why they sent you the RFE.

A common source of confusion is that USCIS never clearly explain what the problem is. They don't say 'you sent us this, but what we really want is this'

E3 visa - Issued 06/04/2008, Ottawa, Canada
E3 status - Renewed 02/26/2010, LAX, USA
Married (Pennsylvania) - 08/21/2010
i-130/i-485 Application sent - 10/13/2010
EAD document production notice - 01/06/11
Interview letter arrived - 01/13/2011
EAD card arrived - 01/14/2011
Interview! - 02/15/2011 9:45am. APPROVED!
Divorce decree - 08/24/2012
Filed for removal of conditions (waiver) i-751 - 10/22/12
Walk in Biometrics - 11/02/12
Service request (outside of processing timelines) - 06/21/13
i-751 Touched - 07/03/13
ROC i-751 Approval received - 07/08/13
Card production - 07/19/13
10 year card arrived - 07/25/13
N-400 Citizenship application sent - 12/08/2015

Interview - 05/25/2016

Oath Ceremony - 5/25/2016
US CITIZEN!

• 3 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have the same problem. We included a copy of my husband's birth certificate with all forms we filed in same package - I-485, I-130, I-131 and I-765. But, they are still sent an RFE for a birth certificate copy. Lack of translation isn't the problem - it's in English! They must have just handled the packet sloppily since we had everything extremely meticulously labeled and we both doublechecked 5 times. Ugh. I'll just have to shut up and comply and hope we're not too badly delayed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.