Leonidus

Does the pot boil if you watch it?

26 posts in this topic

Although Gary doesn't need anyone standing up for him, I can't help it. Gary has given me the most useful information on this board. He is down to earth and straight to the fact. He isn't going to sugar coat anything. But he is going to HELP you through this process with his wisdom and experience without being a jerk about it. Listen to him and trust him. We are all miserable without our loved ones. We all want this to happen immediately. Bashing someone because their timeline is shorter will not make your loved one arrive any more quickly. If you look closely at his history and experience with the USCIS you may find some incredibly useful information. If I hadn't listened to him and not taken his advice I know Colin and I would have been denied. But now we have a fighting chance because of the things I learned from him.

I've yet to see anyone being bashed.

Nobody's situation is exactly the same and everyone will deal with their journey differently, in the best way they know how. Sure, it's easy to say "don't check the website, do better things with your time" ... however, checking the website is harmless. And it's unfair to assume that people who do check the website frequently aren't preparing for the future somehow. We all know we'll get there someday, but that doesn't make the wait easier on anyone.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My case still shows pending on the USCIS website and my wife has been approved over 2 years. So I wouldn't put a lot of stock in that website.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Although Gary doesn't need anyone standing up for him, I can't help it. Gary has given me the most useful information on this board. He is down to earth and straight to the fact. He isn't going to sugar coat anything. But he is going to HELP you through this process with his wisdom and experience without being a jerk about it. Listen to him and trust him. We are all miserable without our loved ones. We all want this to happen immediately. Bashing someone because their timeline is shorter will not make your loved one arrive any more quickly. If you look closely at his history and experience with the USCIS you may find some incredibly useful information. If I hadn't listened to him and not taken his advice I know Colin and I would have been denied. But now we have a fighting chance because of the things I learned from him.

suggestion is something,information is another,there is no deny in the fact that gary is a very informative member.

but he has a tendency to compare everyone's situation to his.

he has this one suggestion he gives over and over and over in every post asking for " advice " and not suggestion.

and his proof is his fiance.

remodel your house,work on your fiance's college education,what if someone's beneficiary doesnt want to go to school or likes the house the way it is?

he needs to focus more on the information,standard information rather than his personal opinion

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I guess this is where I get bashed because I have a shorter timeline. So be it. We also spent 4 months making preparations before we filed the petition, such as getting the required permission letters from the two boys biological father before filing, which was no small task. That does not show up in the timeline. But then we weren't running around trying to get needed signatures just before an interview. Silly of us, eh? I guess we should have done the smart thing and filed immediately after getting engaged insteads of 4 months afterward?

I made no judgements...read it again, where is a judgement?

I stated facts and gave suggestions of how to help your fiancee. Your petition WILL get approved and your visa WILL get issued and your fiancee WILL arrive to start a new life in a new place. I am simply suggesting people spend their time in productive activity that will be greatly appreciated by your fiance(e) when they arrive and you begin your life together which will be a much longer period of time than the waiting.

If you choose to ignore my suggestion and check useless websites...good luck to you. Personally I consider the way we handled our "journey" to be one of my greatest accomplishments in life...to move a family of three people a dog and a cat, start educations in a new country for two of them within 5 days, get the other into a top university in Moscow at the same and then coordinating his arrival and adjustment (green card) later, laying the groundwork for my wife to have a really good part time job using her language skills while getting a scholarship to earn an MA in teaching English...oh yeah! And all without a hitch and not so much as a single question asked at any interview. It did not happen by mistake or accident and none of that happened because I checked a USCIS website. You can believe me or not, but the truth is, whether you wait 2 months for the NOA2 or 6 months or 8 months, this part of the journey is nothing, literally nothing. It is the paperwork delay in your journey, it is not the journey at all. It is the easy part. You will forget all about the waiting for the NOA2 pretty quick.

NO! you read on Gary! didnt I just said your comment made a very good point & good ideas?

where is the judgement? here! read on "I never looked at the website updates, I am glad she didn't ask"

if you cant sense your sarcasm in assuming we do nothing but to look on a website well your wrong!

i have given up a job in the middle just not to be caught up in a contract came home to wait here in manila for my interview instead hopefully it wouldnt take forever. my fiance is has a full time job, he have travelled every 5month for the last 3years just for us to be together for only 12days. so do you realize how expensive is that? where does our frustrations came from?? nowhere! our frustrations over the unfair system after paying $455 dollars! becoz maybe like you they simply assumed that we dont do nothing but stare at a useless website, or we dont have a life to life. so yes id say it again, unless you know the feeling of spending christmas & new years alone staring at your computer screen instead seeing the you can go compare me how wonderful your fiance for not ever askingheadbonk.gif

and for the record I think there are more people here who shares experience, their knowledge and being more helpful minus their sarcastic unwelcome attitude!headbonk.gif

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone,

It has been five months since my fiancee and I sent in our K-1 packet to the Vermont Service Center (submission date July 28th). To be honest, we are getting rather nervous about the lack of response. Every time I log into the case status website and see that bubble cemented to `Initial Review`, I want to scream. It feels like being stuck in some sort of bureaucratic purgatory, waiting for some higher power to descend from the sky and hand me a cookie.

Considering that we have now exceeded the standard processing time, would it be wise to contact USCIS to see what is going on?

Anyone else out there who submitted to the Vermont center in July and are still waiting for a response?

It's hard to know what to do with yourself when there is nothing you actually can do to speed the process along.

Thanks,

Leonidus

I know this feeling very well...We had to wait 6 months before receiving a notice to my fiance by mail that our petition had been approved and the notice was sent on the last day of the 6 months period...I will have my interview at the embassy next month but the bubble still says"Initial Review"...We called twice before while we were waiting not knowing what was going on and they said the same things that can be seen online on USCIS website. I emailed them too but nobody answered me back. They only send letters by mail if they need something more from you or to let you know if they have approved the petition...So now,try not to panic and you should be very,very patient...This is how the system goes :angry:

Thank you for the response, all of you. I appreciate Gary's perspective about keeping busy and working with the goal in mind. I am filing without a lawyer and can certainly attest to the need for self-organization and staying motivated. I don't think he meant to trivialize those of us who are having to wait longer.

In my case, I can look at the whole process with a bit less emotion because I live with my fiancee in her country of origin (Brazil) and have for the last three years. While this certainly complicates the job of preparing for a US arrival, and establishing work and educational opportunities, it does allow us to be together from the beginning and work through the process a bit more calmly.

I will remain persistent -- keep checking the site and keep calling -- until this dang matter is finally resolved.

Cheers yall!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My case still shows pending on the USCIS website and my wife has been approved over 2 years. So I wouldn't put a lot of stock in that website.

I just checked my old citizenship application and according to the website I am still waiting for an interview (I had my interview and ceramony over two months ago).

The K1 application number I try to put from the NOA1 is still not in the system so the web site is way behind...

So check this out...

I call USCIS today and finally get through to customer service. Immediately the lady on the phone says, "I see on my computer that you are applying for an I29-F and that you were approved a week ago." So I get all excited, but then she starts asking me all these questions about the case as if she didn't just tell me the status. Then she says that I need to call back in one month to submit an official inquiry into the case, and that she can't give me any information at this time.

So am I approved, :no: am I not approved. USCIS is sending me mixed messages!

Timeline

So check this out...

I call USCIS today and finally get through to customer service. Immediately the lady on the phone says, "I see on my computer that you are applying for an I29-F and that you were approved a week ago." So I get all excited, but then she starts asking me all these questions about the case as if she didn't just tell me the status. Then she says that I need to call back in one month to submit an official inquiry into the case, and that she can't give me any information at this time.

So am I approved, :no: am I not approved. USCIS is sending me mixed messages!

I guess you gotta just laugh and the whole thing. Until you get the piece of paper in the mailbox, nothing is official. Gotta love the govt.

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

I guess you gotta just laugh and the whole thing. Until you get the piece of paper in the mailbox, nothing is official. Gotta love the govt.

To add to that. Seems like whoever installed that computer system in Vermont spent most of their days at the road side hooker bars up in Quebec.

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

Note:

Welcome to the USA!!!

Hello, everyone I'm new to this forum. Just today I called cusstomer services after 15 mins finally got a hold a representative didn't give me much info other then she can't tell me anything and that the waiting period for VT office is 5 months. I send my application in Nov2010 so I'm guessing 3 more months. Frustration is taking over!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.